• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Learning to speak spoken TB tamil as an adult

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who has a daughter born and raised in USA. She speaks a bit of Malayalam learnt from her parents.
She is marrying a TB boy who can only speak Tamil (TB dialect) and is not very fluent. He cannot teach for sure.

This girl wants to learn TB Tamil dialect just so she can converse with the boy's side of people from India. She is serious and wanted to know how to learn Tamil well.

There are Youtube videos to learn Tamil but I am not sure they will be effective.

Is it easy to learn a language as an adult and become good at it? How does one learn TB dialect without being immersed in a TB household that is speaking Tamil all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a friend who has a daughter born and raised in USA. She speaks a bit of Malayalam learnt from her parents.
She is marrying a TB boy who can only speak Tamil (TB dialect) and is not very fluent. He cannot teach for sure.

This girl wants to learn TB Tamil dialect just so she can converse with the boy's side of people from India. She is serious and wanted to know how to learn Tamil well.

There are Youtube videos to learn Tamil but I am not sure they will be effective.

Is it easy to learn a language as an adult and become good at it? How does one learn TB dialect without being immersed in a TB household that is speaking Tamil all the time.

We have a family friend where the wife is Maharashtrian Brahmin and she learnt Tamil after falling for a TAMBRAM. They got hooked up over 30 years ago, before internet and all sorts of things that are available today. understanding/encouragement from the spouse, Perseverance, motivation, and patience is the key. The spouse has to communicate back in Tamil. if not, it is tough. good luck!

hi

try to contact local temple..they can help u.....we have tamil school in balavihar in our local temple..

............ Is it easy to learn a language as an adult and become good at it? How does one learn TB dialect without being immersed in a TB household that is speaking Tamil all the time.

Adults can surely learn a new dialect! :thumb:

I learnt spoke Telugu when I lived in Vizag for six years, after my wedding.

Even now, I keep my spoken Telugu fresh, by watching Telugu movies, now and then and also by talking to myself in Telugu!! :cool:

So ........ suggest to that girl to watch Tamil movies, in which Brahmin dialect is used.
;)

Example:
"Vietnam Veedu"

Dear Madam Raji,

Thank you for providing resources

Dear Mr tbs - thanks for your suggestions

dear sir,

please advise the girl to associate with, connect with and relate with tb people towards this objective.

any language/dialect could be developed only by hearing more of it first and then by speaking it.

this essentially requires mingling with people who speak the language/dialect.

this would help better than cyber space methods.

hi

just info...language learning is an art...i can speak malayalam/telugu/tamil /kannada very fluently...i learned punjabi/bengali/gujarati/

marathi too....its like cooking....if there is a will .....there is a way...i was trying to learn kashmiri /assameese too..but not much

succeded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back