• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

trying to find out out Kula Deivam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,
My ancestors are from Arumbakkam near Vellore- known as Latheri Arumbakkam-. My name is Ramesh and my father's name is Dr.Venkataramanan. My grandfather Venkatesan and grandmother Lakshiammal lived there. with their children, of whom my father was the eldest son. My father had three younger brotheres and two sisters- one elder and one younger. Later on they moved to Salavanpet in Vellore. My grandfather served as a Post Master in Arumbakkam and the areas around. My great grandfather's name is Venkataraman. We know from hearsay that our Kuladeivam is Venkatesa perumal. We were under the assumption that it is Lord Venkatachalapathy of Thirupathi. But some one had pointed out that there is a Venkatachalapathy temple at Kudiyaththam and He could also be the Kuladeivam. One thing we know is that our family used to give Padaiyal at Thellur near Arumbakkam ehich we did recently also .
If there are any elders in your family who are from this area and who can recall our ancestors and their practices, would be obliged if they could throw some light on this.
I will be looking for this information in this thread or i can be contacted at 9840009720.
Thanks.
V.Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back