Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
    Downloads
    Uploads

trying to find out out Kula Deivam

0 Not allowed!
    Dear All,
    My ancestors are from Arumbakkam near Vellore- known as Latheri Arumbakkam-. My name is Ramesh and my father's name is Dr.Venkataramanan. My grandfather Venkatesan and grandmother Lakshiammal lived there. with their children, of whom my father was the eldest son. My father had three younger brotheres and two sisters- one elder and one younger. Later on they moved to Salavanpet in Vellore. My grandfather served as a Post Master in Arumbakkam and the areas around. My great grandfather's name is Venkataraman. We know from hearsay that our Kuladeivam is Venkatesa perumal. We were under the assumption that it is Lord Venkatachalapathy of Thirupathi. But some one had pointed out that there is a Venkatachalapathy temple at Kudiyaththam and He could also be the Kuladeivam. One thing we know is that our family used to give Padaiyal at Thellur near Arumbakkam ehich we did recently also .
    If there are any elders in your family who are from this area and who can recall our ancestors and their practices, would be obliged if they could throw some light on this.
    I will be looking for this information in this thread or i can be contacted at 9840009720.
    Thanks.
    V.Ramesh
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Please use the search function at the top of the page.
    This has been discussed.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showth...010#post364010
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.