• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Told Modi privately that country shouldn't be divided on religious lines: Barack Obam

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

I know Obama is an EX-president of USA. I also know People in India do not like to be told by a foreigner. But sometimes when you are in a forest, A view from afar can shed some light and may give a path.

Former US President Barack Obama on Friday said he had "privately" told Prime Minister Narendra Modi that a country should not be divided on sectarian lines and emphasised how the Indian society needed to cherish that Muslims in the country identify themselves as Indians which is not common for minorities in many other countries.

He said in a democracy the most important office was not the office of the President or a Prime Minister but the office of the citizen who needed to question themselves about which ideology they encourage with their support to a particular politician.

"When you see a politician doing something questionable, ask yourself 'Am I supporting this?'. Politicians are like mirrors which reflect the community's view. If communities across India are saying they won't fall prey to division, then it will strengthen the hand of politicians who feel that way.

"http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2017/dec/01/told-modi-privately-that-country-shouldnt-be-divided-on-religious-lines-barack-obama-1715555.html

To those people who keep ranting anti-Muslim views to a majority Hindu groups here on site and elsewhere this think what are you doing. You are dividing India again.

Let us be civil
if we can not patch our differences at least not poison the pool.
You are not achieving anything by just poisoning the mind of others. It is detrimental to the country.

I too am not an Indian Citizen but care about India and Indians.

Last edited:
Hope my message is taken in the right spirit.

Do not know who is ranting anti-muslim or anti-christian rhetoric here.

Granted my sampling of posts is small but I thought I did not miss any major issues.

It will be better to just share a news story without gratuitous comments in Post 1 which itself is divisive and casts aspersion on all members here. If someone says something it may or may not be a anti-muslim rant. Labeling uncondionally causes more harm.

Let us be adults and discuss actually what is said in a post than scold imaginary members posting other views.

India's problems are best addressed by Indians. Other well wishers are always OK to give advice. Let us not forget President Obama authorized proactive denial of visa for PM Modi through Hillary and even commissioned her to do acts that are very unfriendly to India. Race relations got worse under Obama in USA. He is welcome to give advice and members should be free to post their views. If there was an obvious hate message that should be reported to the forum authorities.

Hope my message is taken in the right spirit.

Do not know who is ranting anti-muslim or anti-christian rhetoric here.

Granted my sampling of posts is small but I thought I did not miss any major issues.

It will be better to just share a news story without gratuitous comments in Post 1 which itself is divisive and casts aspersion on all members here. If someone says something it may or may not be a anti-muslim rant. Labeling uncondionally causes more harm.

Let us be adults and discuss actually what is said in a post than scold imaginary members posting other views.

India's problems are best addressed by Indians. Other well wishers are always OK to give advice. Let us not forget President Obama authorized proactive denial of visa for PM Modi through Hillary and even commissioned her to do acts that are very unfriendly to India. Race relations got worse under Obama in USA. He is welcome to give advice and members should be free to post their views. If there was an obvious hate message that should be reported to the forum authorities.

Sir,

My up vote to this posting.

The Forum has no dearth for members coming here to preach like Sadhus and Yogis...LOL

I agree with you that the comments of the poster surely deviate from the main topic and targets the majority of the Hindu groups here on site.

Here I too wish to share few news items.. may be the other side of the coin...

Will okama speak to the them privately…..???

Al Qaeda-Linked Terror Group In Kashmir Calls On Indian Muslims To Join Jihad Against Hindus

A Kashmir-based terror group affiliated with Al Qaeda has called on India Muslims to join the jihad against “perfidious Hindus” on the 25th anniversary of the demolition of the disputed structure in Ayodhya, the Indian Express has reported.

“Every Indian Muslim must prepare to leave his home for jihad,” the terror group, Ansar Ghazwa’tul, said in its message, adding that “the enemy is preparing for war.”

“Hindus will keep changing their tactics until their mission is accomplished – and that mission is the elimination of every last Muslim, be they children or the elderly, men or women, or brothers or our sons,” the group claimed.

The group, formed by breakaway cadre of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba, is led by Zakir Musa and is estimated to have around 12 terrorists.

In its message, the group has urged Indian Muslims to not be attracted towards democratic politics, and has discouraged them from supporting “the Congress, the Bharatiya Janata Party, the Samajwadi Party and Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, the Trinamool Congress or Bahujan Samaj Party, for all are only faces of tyranny”.

Read more at: https://swarajyamag.com/insta/al-qa...slims-to-join-jihad-against-perfidious-hindus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[h=1]On Babri anniversary, message from al-Qaeda in Kashmir calls on Indians to join jihad[/h][h=2]The call was released on online jihadist feeds on Wednesday, by the new al-Qaeda affiliate formed earlier this year by breakaway cadre of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba.[/h]
Read more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/in...shmir-calls-on-indians-to-join-jihad-4970562/

Now it is obvious which is POISON......lol

Former US President Barack Obama should preach his secularism to our two neighbouring Countries. Our Constitution has enough provisions to safe guard minorities. Even the majority community do not enjoy the privileges given to minorities in our Country. Our Prime Minister was denied entry in US on the advise of some fringe religious groups prior to his massive victory in Elections.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

SIR,
I ENTIRELY AGREE THAT MUSLIMS AND OTHER MINORTY RELIGONS PEOPLE SHOULD BE TOLEREATED, BUT DO THEY TOLERATE US,WHEN THEY ARE OPENLY PROFEESING THAT BY 2050 iNDIA WILL BECOME A COUNTRY WITH MULSIM mAJORITY AND RAHUL gADHI IS NOW PROFESSING THAT HE IS A jAJUMADHARI bRAHIMIN, IS IT NOT HOOD WINKING HINDUS,HOW CAN A PERSON BORN TO A PARSI AND CHRISTIAN MOTHER BECOME A JANUMADHARI bRAHMIN, AND AFTER 2050 WILL THE MUSLIMS TOLERATE US

Former US President Barack Obama should preach his secularism to our two neighbouring Countries. Our Constitution has enough provisions to safe guard minorities. Even the majority community do not enjoy the privileges given to minorities in our Country. Our Prime Minister was denied entry in US on the advise of some fringe religious groups prior to his massive victory in Elections.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Agree with this. Well said

hi

giving advice is very easy....even hindus are minorities in jammu and kashmir...he can give same advice to US ally pakistan too...

hi

giving advice is very easy....even hindus are minorities in jammu and kashmir...he can give same advice to US ally pakistan too...

You are right sir,

It is very easy job to advice but action is important.

Hindus who are less than 3% population of the entire State in J&K are experiencing lot of hardships and sufferings in their own land.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“After being dislocated from their land of birth, Pandits had to undergo a lot of hardship and suffering. People who have been an integral part of the State for the past 5,000 years were forced to abandon their ancestral homes and live in pathetic conditions. Pandits were kidnapped and killed. But today they are a forgotten chapter in Kashmir,” said Mr. Gigoo, whose film “ The Lost Day” was screened.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...-faced-by-kashmiri-pandits/article5179057.ece

Did the former US President make the above statement to any of the family members of Gandhi and Nehru?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back