Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads

The absurdity of the ‘solution’ to build a Hospital at Ram Janmabhoomi

0 Not allowed!
    Hospitals though serve the community are also considered breeding ground of corruption and exploitation.

Consider the sentiments of the majority…

The absurdity of the ‘solution’ to build a Hospital at Ram Janmabhoomi

By Siddhartha Kar

When I was younger, on the question of Ayodhya, I would have told you, ‘Why bother for a Mandir? Why not build a Hospital or a School and do something good for the society? That would be more godly.’

It was a genuine feeling – so I would like to think, and there would perhaps not be a tinge of guilt in making the suggestion. Today, however, I do see through the convenient hypocrisy of this suggestion.

There are several reasons for saying so – but, they perhaps need to be articulated systematically. It is therefore, important to first dissect the suggestion to understand its fundamental rationale.

The suggestion ostentatiously rests on the premise of the superiority of the services provided by Hospitals and Schools as against those provided by Temples. It would not be presumptuous to extrapolate the argument on behalf of its proponents to include that Temples are a drain of resources and wealth of the nation.

Here is why the argument is hypocritical. Despite the fact that an ‘urbanised’ section of the Indian populace may believe in the futility of temples, it remains a fact that temples do provide an immense amount of support to the large practicing Hindu population of India. Unfortunately, this same population is too subdued and knows no means of making its voice heard. So, neglecting the value temples hold to hundreds of millions of voiceless Hindus is essentially a coup of national priorities by the Urbanised Indians who make their case based on inherited Hindu names that they place no value on.

Moreover, it is also well known that as with any other institution – religious or otherwise, hospitals and schools are breeding grounds of corruption and exploitation of the society as well, if such a case is to be made against temples.

Read more at: http://www.opindia.com/2017/12/the-a...m-janmabhoomi/