• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Open Letter to Archbishop Thomas Macwan

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Open Letter to Archbishop Thomas Macwan

Let me at the onset of this letter turn to the book – The Holy Bible – that has inspired me for most of my life and has given me the Wisdom to discern the truth from the fabricated lie.
1 John 4:7 says, “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God”

I was much disturbed by your letter addressed to the Eminences, Graces and Lordships on 21/11/2017. So I decided to as a fellow Christian put forth my views.
I do not belong to any political party. My views are personal and I pray you take it in the spirit of truth.

For better understanding, I am going to express my viewpoint on the statements that left me confused and disturbed.

‘The secular and democratic fabric of our country is at stake’

Democracy of any country and at any point of time is always at stake. It is not a new phenomenon
to India.

I am trying to understand your idea of democracy.

In 2014, the people of India gave a thumping majority to Narendra Modi – led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) political outfit through a democratic process of elections. In the last three years the government has taken tough decisions such as demonetisation and implementation of GST. It faced considerable criticism for the decisions but if you do a thorough analysis of just these two decisions, you will see that the decisions could be debatable but the support Modi got from the people of India across states and across religious boundaries will outnumber the critics. So is that the failure of the democratic fabric of the country.

I love this word ‘Secular’ – in context of our Nation it is most misused and misunderstood word. If you ask a common man to define secular, you will get a prompt answer, ‘As a Nation we respect and accept all religions’. That however is not what the true definition of ‘secular’ but the propaganda definition. To be a secular Nation is to not accept religion in affairs of governance – it is as simple as that. Keep religion out of governance. But unfortunately before Independence and after Independence religion has been the one thorn that pierces into the very heart of our country and the resultant impact is on the people. This is the bane of politics in India and you too Archbishop Macwan is using religion to spread your views because of a certain dislike towards a political party and its leader. There is then no difference between you and those evildoers that forced people over the years to hate on the basis of religion.

‘Not a single day goes by without attack on Churches, Church personnel, faithful and institutions’
I live in Goa. The Christian population has dwindled over the years since many have decided to follow their Portuguese roots. Yet we are roughly around 27 per cent with the Hindu population being around 65 per cent. The BJP government has been here for 5yrs in the state and now three-years at the Centre.

Whenever I go to Church, I see the Churches filled with the faithful praying without fear or restriction; every village has the traditional Mother Mary novenas in different houses without fear or restrictions. Christmas and Easter are celebrated in pomp and fanfare. St Francis Xavier is revered and his feast is celebrated by Christians, Hindus and Muslims. I have not seen any Christian been attacked or stopped during his religious duties.

Read more at: http://goachronicle.com/open-letter-to-archbishop-thomas-macwan/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back