• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The incandescent light bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

agopal

Among millions and millions of glowing incandescent light bulbs all connected to a single switch,
A special light bulb in the million had a divination.

It wanted to find out how it glows. After much thought and rationalization it figured out that there is something called a switch
and it always sees it on ON position. It also figured out that there is an operator to whom it can talk to.
Amazed at how the light bulb can talk to him, the operator took interest in it.
The light bulb struck a conversation with the operator and asked him how it glows.
The operator talked about electricity and how the current flows through the filament and heats it up and
then light comes out of it. He also told the bulb that the switch essentially supplies the current.
The light bulb asked him...I want to glow all the time so what do I do?
The operator said
"Fine, that can be done".
I will connect a separate wire to you and create a separate switch for you and I'll keep it on ON position so you can glow.
But then, I have to turn you all off for rewiring you to the new switch.
That cannot be done unless the filament in all of the bulbs breaks or I turn off the Switch."

He also asked "Do you really want to glow all the time? "
That means I have to turn all of you OFF.Not only that Your filament can break anytime even after you get a new wiring."

The light bulb consulted with all the millions and millons of light bulbs came back and
said "I have spoken to all of the other bulbs and every body agrees to it that I should get rewired and
they are ready to be turned off".

"Ok". The operator true to his word turned off the millions and millions of light bulbs
rewired the specific light bulb in question and put a separate switch for it and turned it ON.

The bulb then never said a word it just glowed.

You see, It never knew there was an operator, nor a switch, nor any divination.
It was just another glowing bulb among the millions.

This is clearly not expected.

Can you blame the operator?
Can you blame the bulb?
Or Can you blame the electricity?

What do you think should happen so, if any other light bulb had a divination in the future
and the operator rewires it, that it atleast remembers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back