Saatvic, Rajasic or Tamasic actions - Page 2
Tamil Brahmins
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12,743
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Who am I to challenge Mahavakya "the theory"? But

    The expression of genes in an organism can be influenced by the environment, including the external world in which the organism is located or develops, as well as the organism's internal world, which includes such factors as its hormones and metabolism. One major internal environmental influence that affects gene expression is gender, as is the case with sex-influenced and sex-limited traits. Similarly, drugs, chemicals, temperature, and light are among the external environmental factors that can determine which genes are turned on and off, thereby influencing the way an organism develops and functions.

    Light can also influence gene expression, as in the case of butterfly wing development and growth. For example, in 1917, biologist Thomas Hunt Morgan conducted studies in which he placed Vanessa urtica and Vanessa io caterpillars under red, green, or blue light, while other caterpillars were kept in the dark. When the caterpillars developed into butterflies, their wings showed dramatic differences. Exposure to red light resulted in intensely colored wings, while exposure to green light resulted in dusky wings. Blue light and darkness led to paler colored wings. In addition, the V. urtica butterflies reared under blue light and V. io butterflies reared in the dark were larger than the other butterflies.

    https://www.nature.com/scitable/topi...Expression-536

    So birth alone does not determine the gene expression, there are various agents that affects the gene expression.
    Last edited by prasad1; 06-12-2017 at 11:50 PM.
  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12,743
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!

    Nature versus nurture
    debates assume that variation in a trait is primarily due to either genetic differences or environmental differences. However, the current scientific opinion holds that neither genetic differences nor environmental differences are solely responsible for producing phenotypic variation, and that virtually all traits are influenced by both genetic and environmental differences.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene%E...nt_interaction
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    23,766
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Yes. I have read.

    I am fed up telling people that in your line of ancestors if all were brahmins you will also be a brahmin in a unique way.

    I recommend to people to read the excellant research work that has been done by Robert Boyd in the area of "Impact of environment on Genes". He is the professor in the Department of Anthropology, University of California. He has published along with an Associate, among other papers, a paper titled "Not by genes alone". Please google and read that and more and then come here to tell us that in birth all are the same. All are not the same.

    Renukaji calls this the Vaagmi theory. LOL. and I enjoy it because I happen to be Vaagmi. LOL

    Dear Vaagm ji...
    But why do you need a non brahmin white man to give the information about genes?

    Isnt there any vedic evidence for this?


    I am very "traditional" and "orthodox"...I only want vedic evidence.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  6. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,194
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Dear Vaagm ji...
    But why do you need a non brahmin white man to give the information about genes?

    Isnt there any vedic evidence for this?


    I am very "traditional" and "orthodox"...I only want vedic evidence.
    Dear Renuka,

    If you like to discuss about 'Vaagmi gene theory' in detail, I very humbly request you to do it in a separate thread, please. Thank you.

    ( Note - What ever you say about me soon after reading my message is probably true. I agree with that. Cheers ).
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  8. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    23,766
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghy View Post
    Dear Renuka,

    If you like to discuss about 'Vaagmi gene theory' in detail, I very humbly request you to do it in a separate thread, please. Thank you.

    ( Note - What ever you say about me soon after reading my message is probably true. I agree with that. Cheers ).
    Dear Raghy...

    Noted..if I want to discuss the gene theory I would discuss it in a different thread.

    Thank you for your kind suggestion.

    Om Namo Narayanayah.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  10. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,194
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Dear Raghy...

    Noted..if I want to discuss the gene theory I would discuss it in a different thread.

    Thank you for your kind suggestion.

    Om Namo Narayanayah.
    Dear Renuka,

    I said " Vaagmi gene theory".... not just "Gene theory". If you don't mind, can you state what the so called " Vaagmi Gene theory", please. From what Sri.Vaagmi says, it seems he did not say that theory originally. ( Who knows, I may agree with that theory). It will be nice if you address the thread too. I know you learned a lot; I am sure, you know this and more. Thank you.
    Last edited by Raghy; 07-12-2017 at 04:37 PM.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  12. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    3,776
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    post #11:

    Who am I to challenge Mahavakya "the theory"
    Noted and carefully archived for future reference. LOL.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  14. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    3,776
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Dear Vaagm ji...
    But why do you need a non brahmin white man to give the information about genes?

    Isnt there any vedic evidence for this?

    I am very "traditional" and "orthodox"...I only want vedic evidence.
    Lo!! It is not I who wanted a whiteman to give a theory on Genes. He gave it of his own free will.

    It came to my notice. Being a brahmin I have an eye for such gems. And I brought it here for the benefit of the members.

    It is against the popularly held misconception that all are equal at birth. My point is that that statement is subject to several qualifications. Creation is not homogeneous. Heterogeneity is the essence of creation. So at birth every life is different from the other. And Robert Boyd has proved beyond doubt that centuries of environmental impact on human genes has left its indelible imprint on the gene. And how does this impact manifest in life? In the way the popularly known sAtvic, rAjasic and tAmasic gunas and their mixture play out in an individual. Here is where I said the story of a girl driving a car and feeling guilty about hitting a cat that darted across the road in the darkness and the boy next door playing with and feeding a hen catching it killing it and offering to his mother for making a yummy chicken fry for lunch.

    I stand on firm ground.

    I do not know whether vedas have said anything about this.

    But I know that Vaishnavam is clear about this that Atmas are all equal at birth, the jivas packed in the bodies are not. They have loads of accumulated prakrti related material and these genes are perhaps one expression of that load.

    I am not orthodox and I accept any useful stuff presented before me even if it is presented by a mlecha. LOL.

    Even for the orthodox, sAstrAs are acceptable as material evidence in defining a facet of reality.

    I have replied elaborately because Raghy wants to know.
    Last edited by Vaagmi; 07-12-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  16. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    23,766
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Lo!! It is not I who wanted a whiteman to give a theory on Genes. He gave it of his own free will.

    It came to my notice. Being a brahmin I have an eye for such gems. And I brought it here for the benefit of the members.

    It is against the popularly held misconception that all are equal at birth. My point is that that statement is subject to several qualifications. Creation is not homogeneous. Heterogeneity is the essence of creation. So at birth every life is different from the other. And Robert Boyd has proved beyond doubt that centuries of environmental impact on human genes has left its indelible imprint on the gene. And how does this impact manifest in life? In the way the popularly known sAtvic, rAjasic and tAmasic gunas and their mixture play out in an individual. Here is where I said the story of a girl driving a car and feeling guilty about hitting a cat that darted across the road in the darkness and the boy next door playing with and feeding a hen catching it killing it and offering to his mother for making a yummy chicken fry for lunch.

    I stand on firm ground.

    I do not know whether vedas have said anything about this.

    But I know that Vaishnavam is clear about this that Atmas are all equal at birth, the jivas packed in the bodies are not. They have loads of accumulated prakrti related material and these genes are perhaps one expression of that load.

    I am not orthodox and I accept any useful stuff presented before me even if it is presented by a mlecha. LOL.

    Even for the orthodox, sAstrAs are acceptable as material evidence in defining a facet of reality.

    I have replied elaborately because Raghy wants to know.
    Well..there comes a stage in life where you sing..

    " When the sun rays and the rain falls equally on all..why did i have a cataract that clouded my vision?"

    There is a beauty in loving entire mankind and seeing them as you and seeing you as them.


    A girl who ran over a cat while driving might feel sad becos its normal to feel sad for a while..most humans are wired to feel remorse unless they are psychopaths.
    But the same girl would don a silk saree made from silk worms that were killed for it.

    Nothing extra special of anyone feeling temorse..i have cried for people i dont even know...cried when i accidently stepped on a snail cos I am human.

    Its that simple.

    If I lock you up in an igloo with no vegetarian food ..hunger would make you kill a seal for survival.

    That again is human.
    Last edited by renuka; 08-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  18. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    3,776
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Well..there comes a stage in life where you sing..

    " When the sun rays and the rain falls equally on all..why did i have a cataract that clouded my vision?"

    There is a beauty in loving entire mankind and seeing them as you and seeing you as them.


    A girl who ran over a cat while driving might feel sad becos its normal to feel sad for a while..most humans are wired to feel remorse unless they are psychopaths.
    But the same girl would don a silk saree made from silk worms that were killed for it.

    Nothing extra special of anyone feeling temorse..i have cried for people i dont even know...cried when i accidently stepped on a snail cos I am human.

    Its that simple.

    If I lock you up in an igloo with no vegetarian food ..hunger would make you kill a seal for survival.

    That again is human.
    Yes I too wonder why cataract cloud some people's vision.

    "There is beauty in loving entire mankind and seeing them as you and seeing you as them" -- Amen.

    But I will still remain what I am and the others in the mankind will remain what they are. That is what is called heterogeneity in creation. If there is going to be a world of undifferentiated homogeneity it will be lifeless and hence will be awkward. There will be no beauty there.

    I am speaking about a heterogeneity here which is totally different from the castes as they are understood by people generally. anyone who equates heterogeneity in creation with castes (political) is either myopic or are doing a great disservice to the humanity for their own political reasons. Period.

    In my example the girl did not run over the cat. The cat ran away alright but she thought she had hurt it and so she lost sleep over the night. and to the boy the hen was friend and he was feeding it, talking to it and was playing with it but without a second thought could kill it and present it for cooking. That is the difference.

    The boy may in his later years become a Renukaji follower and may cry for people he did not know and may cry when steps over a snail. But the fact that he had no remorse for killing that hen will also stand. For him killing also needs to be reflected upon to regret. Whereas for the girl the nightmare she lived through was natural and real and spontaneous. It did not need any deliberation or reflection. May be you have not come across such people. So it is not that simple.

    In the Igloo I would prefer to die starving than kill and eat the seal or walrus. You do not know me.
    Last edited by Vaagmi; 09-12-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •