Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Saatvic, Rajasic or Tamasic actions

0 Not allowed!
    Last week there was a conversation with my colleague at the staff room during lunch break…. The subject was about three gunas.
    I was contemplating that conversation. Of course, we had one more conversation in the same subject.
    From our discussion, I deducted ( of course, she didn’t quite agree though…)
    As I see it….

Heredity, environment in which a person was nurtured or the persons dynamic situations do not make a person Saatvic, Rajasic or Tamasic.

Heredity and the environment that person was nurtured may provide the ‘likelihood’, how that person would react to a given situation. But it is not certain or it does not compulsorily apply to everyone across the board.
    So I don’t think a person can be identified as ‘Saatvic’, ‘Rajasic’ or ‘Tamasic’ person. A person is just a person.

I think.. there is no such a thing as ‘Saatvic action’ , ‘Rajasic action’ or ‘ a Tamasic action’…. Every action can be performed in ‘saatvic’, ‘Tamasic’ or ‘Rajasic’ way.

I like to discuss with an example… I am a simple minded person.. I find examples are simple way to express my ideas….
    My example is a sniper. ( A sniper can be a girl or a boy. I am going to identify the sniper as a ‘he’ since I am a boy.. )

A sniper kills the ‘enemy’. Kills from a hidden spot. From about 1,500 meters away… After killing, just moves on…. The action here is essentially, killing another person or ‘an assignment’ from a hidden position. So, what would you say? Is it ‘saatvic’, ‘Rajasic’ or ‘Tamasic’?

My friend argued, since a killing was involved in a war situation, that killing would be rajasic….
    My arguments as follows ….

Let us say that sniper killed his target with a head shot or a heart shot… the target never knew what hit him.. died before he hit the ground… I would say that was saatvic.

Let us say, the sniper took a head shot… After killing, after moving position ( Remember, it takes 4 to 5 seconds before the rifle report was heard… plenty time to move good 15 to 20 meters away from the initial spot…).. let us say, he makes a notch on the rifle stock or on a note book to keep the tally of the persons killed and feel good about the growing number.. it is a Rajasic action.

Let us say, our sniper carefully aims and takes a gut shot… in the next 4 seconds he moves away and shoots the right upper thigh of the target…. Our sniper likes to enjoy watching the target screams with fear and pain… and the chaos he created around the target… don’t get me wrong.. our sniper would still be a great camouflagic… but only to inflict more pain before actually killing the target… I think that is ‘Tamasic’.

In my opinion, saatvic, Rajasic or Tamasic depends upon the way an action was completed.. it doesn’t depend upon the person or the nature of the action itself….

Discussions are welcome....
    Last edited by Raghy; 29-11-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I am starting not to subscribe to the Sattva, Rajas and Tamas Guna theory anymore.

I feel why classify any action?

For me I will take the act of fertilization as an example becos that is creation at a microcosmic level and further more when reproduction is discuss everyone becomes more responsive!

Ok the act of fertilization involves the active movement of the male gamete competing with other gametes to reach female gamete.

So what do we call the action of the male gamete here?
    Its active..so is it Rajas?

Now..the female gamete is stationary.
    So is it Tamas?

If so..does that mean Rajas + Tamas = Human being?

Than what about the Vaagmi Sattva gene theory? LOL..( Just kidding).

So do we really have to classify each act as Sattva..Rajas or Tamas?

Isnt it better just think of action as duty/ job or a reaction to a particular situation without the need to give it grades.

Actually the act of fertilization is like Moksha itself.

Of the thousands of male gametes(Jeevas) that swim across the reproductive tract ( Bhava Sagar) to finally only one( sometimes two but mostly only one)
    merges into the female gamete( Paramatma).

I guess nature intended us to learn from fertilization.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Okay.. fertilisation....

Saatvic... fertilisation in consent... it's a simple union...

Rajasic... She liked little bit of force... he provided or the vice versa...

Tamasic... fertilisation was not important but a by-product.. it was mainly BDSM.. S&M.... oh, well fertilisation happened...
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Fertilisation is not like Moksha....

Fertilisation happens by chance..

Moksha happens by determination....
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I am starting not to subscribe to the Sattva, Rajas and Tamas Guna theory anymore.

I feel why classify any action?

For me I will take the act of fertilization as an example becos that is creation at a microcosmic level and further more when reproduction is discuss everyone becomes more responsive!

Ok the act of fertilization involves the active movement of the male gamete competing with other gametes to reach female gamete.

So what do we call the action of the male gamete here?
    Its active..so is it Rajas?

Now..the female gamete is stationary.
    So is it Tamas?

If so..does that mean Rajas + Tamas = Human being?

Than what about the Vaagmi Sattva gene theory? LOL..( Just kidding).

So do we really have to classify each act as Sattva..Rajas or Tamas?

Isnt it better just think of action as duty/ job or a reaction to a particular situation without the need to give it grades.

Actually the act of fertilization is like Moksha itself.

Of the thousands of male gametes(Jeevas) that swim across the reproductive tract ( Bhava Sagar) to finally only one( sometimes two but mostly only one)
    merges into the female gamete( Paramatma).

I guess nature intended us to learn from fertilization.
    Vaagmi's Gene theory will stand untill proved to be wrong. LOL. Try to prove.

Fertilization = moksha is a new hypothesis from Dr. Renukaji.

Now let me see what problems are there in proving the hypothesis:

1. Each gamete is just half the jeevatma. It is not therefore jeeva in the normally understood vocabulary.

2. The moksha is just short-lived. Just 37 weeks -sometimes even shorter. From moksha the jeevatma and paramatma together fall into or pushed into the world again to start all over again - swim through the bhavasagar etc., Very bad. Poor Paramatma.

3. As Raghy has said, the bhavasagar at times appear to be reluctant to allow swimmers. A certain amount of force is required. It appears Paramatma has a clear dislike for Chennai like frequent showers in the bhava sagar.

4. As Raghy says, sometimes it appears paramatma is more eager than the jeevatma about reaching moksha. LOL.

I came here because the Vaagmi Gene Theory was recalled. LOL.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Vaagmi's Gene theory will stand untill proved to be wrong. LOL. Try to prove.

Fertilization = moksha is a new hypothesis from Dr. Renukaji.

Now let me see what problems are there in proving the hypothesis:

1. Each gamete is just half the jeevatma. It is not therefore jeeva in the normally understood vocabulary.

2. The moksha is just short-lived. Just 37 weeks -sometimes even shorter. From moksha the jeevatma and paramatma together fall into or pushed into the world again to start all over again - swim through the bhavasagar etc., Very bad. Poor Paramatma.

3. As Raghy has said, the bhavasagar at times appear to be reluctant to allow swimmers. A certain amount of force is required. It appears Paramatma has a clear dislike for Chennai like frequent showers in the bhava sagar.

4. As Raghy says, sometimes it appears paramatma is more eager than the jeevatma about reaching moksha. LOL.

I came here because the Vaagmi Gene Theory was recalled. LOL.
    Half Jeevatma? Its like half girlfriend or half boyfriend!LOL

There is no such thing as half Jeeva..

oḿ pūrṇam adaḥ pūrṇam idaḿ

pūrṇāt pūrṇam udacyate

pūrṇasya pūrṇam ādāya

pūrṇam evāvaśiṣyate
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Not all the actions can be categorised as 'saatvic', 'Rajasic' or ' Tamasic'..

There should be a choice. Even if there is a choice, ethical and legal considerations are to be taken into account....

Often times, Saatvic or Rajasic or Tamasic actions fall in grey area...

Gamete?

Gametes are single cells with one purpose.... they don't even have directions...

Gamets have no choice. Gamets actions can't be considered under saatvic Rajasic or Tamasic...
    Last edited by Raghy; 01-12-2017 at 08:46 PM.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    There is no one in this Loka who is 100% Satvic or 100% rajasic or 100% tamasic. All people are of combination of these three gunas. The proportion varies from person to person. Lord Krishna categorises people as brahmana, Sudra , Kshatriya or vysya based on the dominant Guna prevalent in the individual. ( not based on the birth)
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sadasivam.sridharan View Post
    There is no one in this Loka who is 100% Satvic or 100% rajasic or 100% tamasic. All people are of combination of these three gunas. The proportion varies from person to person. Lord Krishna categorises people as brahmana, Sudra , Kshatriya or vysya based on the dominant Guna prevalent in the individual. ( not based on the birth)
    I guess you havent heard of the Vaagmi Sattva gene theory!LOL

Lets see if Vaagmi ji of forum reads this post.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I guess you havent heard of the Vaagmi Sattva gene theory!LOL

Lets see if Vaagmi ji of forum reads this post.
    Yes. I have read.

I am fed up telling people that in your line of ancestors if all were brahmins you will also be a brahmin in a unique way.

I recommend to people to read the excellant research work that has been done by Robert Boyd in the area of "Impact of environment on Genes". He is the professor in the Department of Anthropology, University of California. He has published along with an Associate, among other papers, a paper titled "Not by genes alone". Please google and read that and more and then come here to tell us that in birth all are the same. All are not the same.

Renukaji calls this the Vaagmi theory. LOL. and I enjoy it because I happen to be Vaagmi. LOL
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast