Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up systems in our tradition

0 Not allowed!
    Based on our Smartha tradition During 6 or 5 occasions wife should be on the left side. Further they should be in the front at many times they should follow. Pl. en light me on these two points. REGARDS WITH NAMASKARS. v.lalithakumar
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by v.lalithakumar View Post
    Based on our Smartha tradition During 6 or 5 occasions wife should be on the left side. Further they should be in the front at many times they should follow. Pl. en light me on these two points. REGARDS WITH NAMASKARS. v.lalithakumar

Please tell us where you found this tradition? I will quickly put is back where you found it.
    A wife should be where she wants to be. Or you will have an unhappy wife and end up in the other thread.
    https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showth...625#post390625

A pillow can be on your right, left, top or bottom.
    A dog may me be behind or in front of you.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by v.lalithakumar View Post
    There is no smartha tradition or vaishnava tradition in this. There is only a brahmin tradition. According to that the woman will be at the right side of her husband on important situations like when blessing a youngster who falls at their feet and seeks Asirvatham. This is remembered easily by the advice மனைவிக்கு இடம் கொடேல் said in joke.

This might have come from what is observed in God's pictures. In temples too the Sannidhi of தாயார்( in Vishnu temples) as well as அம்மன் (in Shiva temples) is on the right side of Swamy sannidhi.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    . This is remembered easily by the advice மனைவிக்கு இடம் கொடேல் said in joke(#3)

This advise மனைவி வலம் வரவேண்டும் is again a joke!

7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Lalitha,

The elders in my family have told these.

1. Wife has to be on the left side of her husband when he takes 'Aseervadham',

holding his upper garment, to collect the 'akshathai'.

On all other occasions, she has stand in his right side only.

2. When pradhakshiNam is done:

a) During pitr karmAs, wife should go in the front and husband will follow her.

b) During poojAs, wife should follow her husband.

And...... I belong to smArthA group.

Smt. Raji Ram
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    Dear Lalitha,

The elders in my family have told these.

1. Wife has to be on the left side of her husband when he takes 'Aseervadham',

holding his upper garment, to collect the 'akshathai'.

On all other occasions, she has stand in his right side only.

2. When pradhakshiNam is done:

a) During pitr karmAs, wife should go in the front and husband will follow her.

b) During poojAs, wife should follow her husband.

And...... I belong to smArthA group.

Smt. Raji Ram

Apart from the above,when doing pitru karma, poonool is from the right shoulder to the left hip. Whenever wife has to stand near the husband where the couple are required, it is based on the side where the bottom portion of the poonool hangs. For religious functions, it is the other way, and the wife stands accordingly.

Balaji
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Raji Ram madam thanks a lot. I am Lalithakumar(male). you have understood my post in the correct sense.for DEVA rituals as well as auspicious functions it is advised that male should be followed by the spouse.during pithru karyas the other way.Our vadhyar told me the six incidents where the lady to be on the left/front. i remember 3 the others i forgot. 1)pithru karyams she should lead. 2)sayanam she to be at the left. 3) during abishegam such as abdha purthies, pattabishekam(this would be clear by viewing Sri RAMA CHANDRA SEETHA PATTABISHEKA &SIVA PARVATHI DHARBAR PICTURES.) both front and left leads to the same sequence. if anyn one can point out the other 3 I SHALL BE GRATEFUL TO THEM.REGARDS. v.lalthakumar
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear V L Kumar Sir!

I checked with my family sAstrigaL and he confirms what I have written is correct. Only for receiving Aseervadham,

after a pooja/ ceremony, the wife has to be on the left-side of her husband. On all other events, including abhishEkam,

the wife has to be on the right-side of her husband. Of course, I felt embarrassed to ask about sayanam!!

For pradhakshiNam:

1. After pitr kAryams, husband follows his wife.

2. After DEva kAryams, wife follows her husband.

In Sri Rama pattAbhishEkam & Lord Shiva Parvathi pictures, the Devis sit on the left side because they are Goddesses.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dears both pithru as well Deva puja are religious functions only. During the argium to Deva the position of the PUNAL is UPAVEETHI , for pithrus PRAACHEENA VEETH & KRISHIS- NIVEETHI. Normally we are to in UPAVEETHI. Regards.v lalihakumar
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dears both pithru as well Deva puja are religious functions only. During the argium to Deva the position of the PUNAL is UPAVEETHI , for pithrus PRAACHEENA VEETH & KRISHIS- NIVEETHI. Normally we are to in UPAVEETHI. Regards.v lalihakumar
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast