• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another sunday 19th nov 2017.Feel good enough to restart my old thread.

I lost nearly four months of life getting into medical issues and coming out of it losing faith in the medical fraternity of india in the process. A bit shaken with the

ordeal. I got cured ultimately by a medical professor from stanley medical practising in a hospital in bangalore and Dr Shroff medical centre in delhi.I spent a fortune

to get cured.

I have decided to write off these four months and start living well again.

What is moving me ? Since I am confined mostly home, My entertainment is the indian stock market . I can splurge using my PC and phone. Interestingly, Moody revising indias rating is a thumbs up for Modi govt.Many do not appreciate his policies but stock markets are at an all time high.It is worth investing in india story. Investing in large nationalised bank stocks,consumption shares like Hindustan Unilever. Another favourite is Reliance. Modi has made possible investment in a mutual fund with 22 public sector units [mostly banks] called bharat22 and offered it to retail investors.All these are better than any savings instruments

India has changed. It no longer pays to save and put money in fixed deposits which can only shrink with lowering interest rates. It is more sensible to put a sizeable amounts in share market instruments.India has become investment oriented. So one must change for decent living and avoiding misery in old age.

Gujarat election fever is on and film like Padmavati has got caught in that .Rahul gandhi is trying to put together an alternative grouping to take on Modi govt.Modi this time appears to be losing his hold.Let us see what happens

Srilanka has taken on india in cricket in kolkatta and india appears to be in a spot. Let us see if india loses or rain saves them

Dear Sri. Krish,

Sad to know you had medical issues for 4 months. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Kolkotta pitch favours batsmen on day 2 and 3. Even I know that. If Indians use the rest of the day 2 and day 3 wisely, they still may have a chance.

Rahul Gandhi is neither Gandhi nor Rahul. I hope India gets some honest politicians.

Another sunday 26th Nov.

Delhi weather has become excellent. No smog . Nice and sunny . Temp 19 deg celsius.It is a good place to be.

The political climate is filthy.Gujarat election is taking its toll on all.One does not feel like watching the TV news.

Stock market is jittery fearing the outcome of elections.

Wise to take out money from shares and reducing holdings and sitting on cash instead for 2 weeks or so_Or run for safety and park it in HUL or HDFC.shares.

No good movies either in town. Liked kareeb Kareeb single starring Irfan Khan and Parvathy Menon. A very entertaining film.

Now I have to think of better ways of fighting boredom than movies.

Amazon has come out with enticing offers for the black weekend with huge discounts.Best time to buy computer peripherals [printer etc] and mobiles.

I preferred to buy printer than buy cartridges for old printer , more sensible.

We are in age of use and throw than repair anything.Only the electronics garbage is increasing and finding it difficult to dispose off .

Slowly old clothes,electronics , books etc pile up and home becomes full of unwanted items.

These days even the not so well off do not accept old clothes. They have become selective on what they will wear.

We have become aspirational and all want the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back