• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Suggestion Requested - Relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.
கடந்த 25 வருடங்களாக , துபாய் & டெல்லி என்ற பெரு நகரங்களின் பரபரப்பில் வேலை செய்து அலுத்து , சமீபத்திய டெல்லியின் மாசு மற்றும் பணிபுகையின் மிரட்டலுக்கு பயந்து, voluntary retirement- ன் விவாதத்தில் என் கணவருடன் ஓரளவு வெற்றி பெற்றுள்ளேன்.

என் கணவர் திருநெல்வேலியை சேர்ந்தவர். என்னுடைய பூர்வீகம் திருவனந்தபுரம். என் சில தூரத்து உறவினர்களும் அங்கு இருக்கிறார்கள்( இதுவரை பேசி, பழகுவதற்கு வாய்ப்புகள் கிடைத்ததில்லை). ஓரளவிற்கு மலையாளம் சம்சாரிக்காம் ;)
இப்போதெல்லாம் எங்களின் அன்றாட விவாத நாயகன் - கோவை ? மதுரை ? தென்காசி ? கோவா ? திருவனந்தபுரம் ? ஓரளவு மாசு குறைவாகஉள்ள இவற்றில் எந்த இடத்திற்கு குடியேறுவது என்பதே!

எங்கள் வயதையொத்த நம் கலாச்சார மக்கள் நிறைந்த மற்றும் தோட்டம் உள்ள தனி வீடாக குடியேற விரும்புகிறேன்.

உங்கள் அனுபவத்தையும், பரிந்துரைகளையும் வரவேற்றுகிறேன் .

நன்றி

Radhika I can see what you are passing through as I belong to delhi -since birth.

After retirement , better leave delhi only for a few months in a year-when it is very hot or cold-that is five months are or so -may june in summer , jan feb in winter.

Since you are comfortable with malayalam, choose coimbotore on tip of tamilnadu and kerala.

You can have a taste of both states by short trips from there.

Radhika I can see what you are passing through as I belong to delhi -since birth.

After retirement , better leave delhi only for a few months in a year-when it is very hot or cold-that is five months are or so -may june in summer , jan feb in winter.

Since you are comfortable with malayalam, choose coimbotore on tip of tamilnadu and kerala.

You can have a taste of both states by short trips from there.

hi

i agreed ...you can choose coimbatore/palakkad ....which is more easy with malayalam and tamil too...

Hi Radhika,

Trivandrum is the best among the lot.

You know Malayalam and you are familiar with Kerala. These are plus points.

Trivandrum is like any agraharam in Tamilnadu but without the minuses of Tamilnadu.

Comfortable climate, Tamilbrahmin culture, temples and utsavams, enough of rains, clean and 24 hour drinking water supply- you just open the tap and you get water which is drinking quality.

All modern comforts are there -being a city.

And yet traditional values are retained by the people.

You get even today servant maids who are clean to a dot.

Excellent medical facilities. Private and Government medical hospitals give excellent care.

An average Malayali wont tolerate elitist anarchy and he will protest loudly. So you do not require any "references" to get what is due to you.

So Trivandrum is a heaven on earth.

Please click on the link below and read - particularly the கிறுக்கல் - 4 . You may like reading it because you are from Trivandrum:

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showt...21;கல்கள்

Last edited:
I think I would suggest a small town or village south or east of Mangalapuram. very nice weather, polite community, close to temples like Udupi and Mookambika... I wouldlove to move there.. But i can't...

I think I would suggest a small town or village south or east of Mangalapuram. very nice weather, polite community, close to temples like Udupi and Mookambika... I wouldlove to move there.. But i can't...

Mangalapuram?
Thats a name of some Tamil movie with a slight horror theme but the ghost only comes at the last 10 mins of the movie.

Simple story line but suspense was maintained till the end and the least suspected person committed the killings and finally the ghost kills him.

கோவை நான் பிறந்து வளர்ந்த ஊர். அன்றைய கோவை இன்று இல்லை. இன்று பெரிய நகருக்கு உண்டான எல்லா குறைகளும் அங்கும் வளர்ந்து விட்டன. ஆக அந் நகரை மறந்து விடலாம்.
அடுத்தது பாலக்காடு. பல அக்ரஹாரங்கள் சூழ்ந்த ஓர் பெரிய நகரம். பிராமணர்கள் வாழ உகந்த நகர். ஆனால் வெய்யல்காலத்தில் இருப்பது மிகவும் சிரமம். இது ஓர் கந்தக பூமி.
கேரளத்தில் நல்ல நகரங்கள் உள்ளன. திருவனந்தபுரம் அழகான நகரம். ஆனால் மாநிலத்தின் தலைநகரம். ஆக அதற்குண்டான நிறை குறைகள் ஏற்க தயாராக வேண்டும்.
தமிழ் நாட்டில் நான் பார்த்த அளவில் ஶ்ரீரங்கம் நல்ல ஊர். பல நவீன வசதிகள் நிறைந்த புதிய குடியிருப்புகள் வந்துவிட்டன.
பாண்டிச்சேரி (புதுச்சேரி) எல்லா நல்ல வசதிகளையும் உள்ள நகரம். பலர் அதிலும் வெளி நாடுகளிலிருந்து திரும்புவர்கள் விரும்பும் இடம். ஆனால் கடற்கரைக்குண்டான இயற்கை சீற்றங்கள் உள்ள நகரம்.
வெளி மாநிலங்களில் தங்க விரும்பினால் மைசூர் அற்புதமான இடம். பழைய சமஸ்த்தானத்தின் தலைநகர். எல்லா நவீன வசதிகள் உள்ள நகரம். இங்கு வாழும் மக்களும் மரியாதை நிறைந்தவர்கள்.
இதோ நான் கோவை யிலிருந்து விரும்பி 51வருடங்களுக்கு முன் வந்து குடியிருக்கும் அற்புதமான மாநகரம் பங்களூரு. அன்று இருந்த அமைதியான நகர் இன்று இல்லையே. இன்று இந்திய துணை கண்டத்திலுள்ள எல்லா மாநிலமக்களும் நிறைந்துள்ள மாநகரம். மக்கள் வாழ உதவும் சாதாரண வசதிகள் கிடைக்க போட்டி போட வேண்டிய நிலை யிலுள்ளது !

பிரம்மண்யன்
பங்களூரு.

Thank you for your suggestion. Heard both the places are too hot ; and Coimbatore is having water scarcity..
hi radhika

my in laws live in delhi for last 50 years....they like delhi....my wife/kids born delhi....we have our own homes in delho too...

dilli tho dilwalon ki sahar hai....is mein dar na kya....theek...south aur kuch problem hai....zindagi jeene ka naam hai...

so better thirunelveli/ trivandrum fine....once upon a time,....Benguluru was heaven...not any more..

that's very true sir,,. right now I am living in a posh area of vasant kunj (own house) but fed up with living in a concrete jungle. big modern city, malls, metros, fashion , brands... all these things make me proud but it doesn't make me happy. now I just want to live in nature with few like minded friends to move around on weekends.. and spend some time in my little garden.

Thank you Krish. Yes, its a tuff decision for us but the Delhi air is making us sick :(
Radhika , No other place in india can match delhi in facilities.

Air will clear.

I am staying put in delhi

In face people ran marathon with all air issues.

Smog clears in afternoons.It is sunny and good enough to venture out.

Buy a mask if you feel insecure.

I do not wear any.

Schools are open.

If children can venture out so can you.

Thank u Mr. Vaagmi. all your points are into consideration. Believe you are in Tenkasi. how's the life there ..
I have a house in Chennai. Right now I am in London. I belong to a small village agraharam near Tirunelveli. I do not know much about Tenkasi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back