• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chastity begins at home..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote this 10 years ago.
Adding it to my shortstory collection as
Lakshmi the shortstory evoked a lot of responses

"J
ust two times ma.. I am telling you these days such stand-offs are common " - Raja said in a loud voice.

Raja works as Inspector of Police in E1 Station in Vadapalani. He is married and is planning for kids next year. His wife Shanta is a home-maker.

One of Shanta's cousin sisters, Ramya, had a problem in her marital life. Ramya is also a home maker like Shanta. Ramya's husband Shiva, works as lecturer in a college.

Ramya and Shiva were married at just about the same time as Shanta and Raja. Ramya detected that Shiva had an extra-marital affair with one his colleagues in his college.

In fact Shiva dared to book a room with that lady for two evenings in a hotel, where Ramya's relative worked. The couple used to book a room between evening 5 to 7 and spend time there.

Obviously that became a huge dispute between Ramya and Shiva. Finally, as an Inspector of Police and also as a relative to the couple, they were brought before Raja to Raja's home.

"Ramya.. I have enquired about Shiva completely and also with himself. What has happened is a simple two nights stand-off. There is no real relationship between these two people. I have warned Shiva enough. And that lady is a married one. She has resigned her job and will never interfere in your lives again.. What do you say..?" - Raja explained to Ramya.

Shiva was sitting besides Ramya with his heads down.

"But.. But anna.. I can't accept that he can do this with a married lady and explain it as a stand-off. How can I trust him in future..?" - Ramya asked boiling internally..

"Next time you even hear something like this.. You come to me.. I will book this guy under Sec.498A and not only him, his parents and entire family will be behind bars for his actions" - Raja retorted.

"No Ramya.. I am sorry.. You know how much I love you.. I promise you what happened with that lady was not my mistake. She had some problems in her life. She somehow lured me into this. I could not resist it. It will never happen again." - Shiva said with tears in his eyes.

"Ramya.. I have enquired enough about this case. You do not need to worry. Shiva is a good guy. You can believe him. I also have told him in our style, what will happen, if he plays with you again" - Raja said.

Shiva nodded his head.

"No anna.. I am not able to forgive him. How can one cheat on his wife and claim it as somebody's mistake..? I can't accept it.." - Ramya still stood in her place.

"Ramya.. you do not know the world.. How many of our leaders have two or three wives. All our gods have two wives.. Males are like that.. If they are eating house food daily and suddenly they get a hotel food for free, they will jump on to it without thinking.." - Raja said.

"No.. No.. that cannot be an explanation anna.. Are all males like him..?" - Ramya asked

"Did you read that India today's report. A significant portion of our girls and boys have pre-marital sex. Another significant portion has extra-marital sex. It is very common in this society today. We should not get bogged down with such stand-offs. If you tell me, he has abandoned you for another girl, I can accept." - Raja said.

"Anna.. you mean to say our culture is dead.. Is there no value to chastity ?" - Ramya asked.

"What culture, chastity you are talking about Ramya..? We are in twenty first century and you are talking chastity. In today's fast world, these things are common. There is nothing like chastity these days. Man or Woman, as they long as they are able to adjust to their faults and pull together, they live together." - Raja said.

After a long session of drumming into Ramya's ears, that there is no value for chastity and one-night stand-offs are very common in these days with males and females, how India Today reports say pre-marital and extra-marital sex are common etc etc, Ramya somehow accepted to live with Shiva.

After giving Ramya and Shiva a warm send-off, Raja and Shanta entered their hall.

"Shanta.. It was really a very tiring session to convince Ramya. Hope Shiva remains on track. I did not want a couple to get separated on such a simple and stupid issue. That is why I put in such effort. I am right only na..?" - Raja asked.

Shanta nodded her head. She did not talk.

"Get me a cup of cofee..shantu.." - Raja said "hey.. why are you so silent..?"

Tears bubbled up in Shanta's eyes. Her lips twitched.

"I.. I did not know that you are such a broad minded person. Only when I listened to your advice to Ramya, I understood it.. I was living with a heavy burden for the past six months. Now I feel I can let it out and be free.." - Shanta said amidst her cry. She sat next to Raja on the softa and embraced him

"What happened shanta..? I do not understand what you are saying..?" - Raja asked softly..

"When you went to hyderabad for a week sometime back, your friend Ramesh had come here. Though I tried my best, I should say I succumbed to him. Only two days.. After that my self got back and I chased him away.. But that has been burdening me a lot.."- Shanta said amidst her cries..

Raja pushed away Shanta violently. "You whore.. bitch.. prostitute.. How dare you tell your husband cooly that you bitched about with his friend..Are you a woman..?" - Raja shouted.

"Raja.. please..Just two times. Such stand-offs are common. You yourselves were saying.." - Shanta said.

"What.. you are justifying that you bitched around saying that everybody is bitching about like you.. What nonsense are you talking..?" - Raja asked.

"Raja, you talked about that India today's report. A significant portion of our girls and boys have pre-marital sex. Another significant portion has extra-marital sex. It is very common in this society today. But I promise you I had come out of it long back. I thought you will not get bogged down with such stand-offs. I did not run away with your friend or abandon you.." - Shanta said pleading.

"You bitch and whore.. A chasteless girl. I don't know how I married you. Is this the way you grew up in your family. Everybody in ur family went on bitching with males or what? They did not teach you about chastity..?" - Raja boiled with extreme anger..

"What culture, chastity you are talking about Raja..? We are in twenty first century and you are talking chastity. In today's fast world, these things are common. There is nothing like chastity these days. Man or Woman, as they long as they are able to adjust to their faults and pull together, they live together. You only said these words know" - Shanta said with a mischievous smile

-TBT

More important, how it is viewed differently when it happens others and when it happens to us was the message I wanted to drive.

When it happens to us, we are on the ground, we feel the pain and it is a fault. When it happens to others, we try to lift ourselves up, look at several other factors and think it is not a great fault.

Our levels of thinking become different when we are a first party or third party

-TBT

We can look at the realities around us instead of burying our heads in sand.

All this chastity non sense are products of outdated minds masquerading as modern and rational.

Our youngsters are moving in modern world in a way what suits the needs of 21st century.

Marriage and such bonds have become meaningless in new society that is evolving.

Most want instant gratification and moving on.

Who wants marriage and boring domesticity.?
Only good seniors can do is layoff them and let youngsters make their own life and live on their own terms.

More important, how it is viewed differently when it happens others and when it happens to us was the message I wanted to drive. ..........

Our levels of thinking become different when we are a first party or third party.-TBT
Very true, Sir!

Krish Sir will NEVER change! :D

The way he writes in forum, people who read, will think that ALL youngsters are straying around, without any commitment! :lol:
I wish I could take him to the U S of A and show all my relatives settled there and all their friends too! He might change then. :decision:

I wrote this 10 years ago.
Adding it to my shortstory collection as
Lakshmi the shortstory evoked a lot of responses

"J
ust two times ma.. I am telling you these days such stand-offs are common " - Raja said in a loud voice.

Raja works as Inspector of Police in E1 Station in Vadapalani. He is married and is planning for kids next year. His wife Shanta is a home-maker.

One of Shanta's cousin sisters, Ramya, had a problem in her marital life. Ramya is also a home maker like Shanta. Ramya's husband Shiva, works as lecturer in a college.

Ramya and Shiva were married at just about the same time as Shanta and Raja. Ramya detected that Shiva had an extra-marital affair with one his colleagues in his college.

In fact Shiva dared to book a room with that lady for two evenings in a hotel, where Ramya's relative worked. The couple used to book a room between evening 5 to 7 and spend time there.

Obviously that became a huge dispute between Ramya and Shiva. Finally, as an Inspector of Police and also as a relative to the couple, they were brought before Raja to Raja's home.

"Ramya.. I have enquired about Shiva completely and also with himself. What has happened is a simple two nights stand-off. There is no real relationship between these two people. I have warned Shiva enough. And that lady is a married one. She has resigned her job and will never interfere in your lives again.. What do you say..?" - Raja explained to Ramya.

Shiva was sitting besides Ramya with his heads down.

"But.. But anna.. I can't accept that he can do this with a married lady and explain it as a stand-off. How can I trust him in future..?" - Ramya asked boiling internally..

"Next time you even hear something like this.. You come to me.. I will book this guy under Sec.498A and not only him, his parents and entire family will be behind bars for his actions" - Raja retorted.

"No Ramya.. I am sorry.. You know how much I love you.. I promise you what happened with that lady was not my mistake. She had some problems in her life. She somehow lured me into this. I could not resist it. It will never happen again." - Shiva said with tears in his eyes.

"Ramya.. I have enquired enough about this case. You do not need to worry. Shiva is a good guy. You can believe him. I also have told him in our style, what will happen, if he plays with you again" - Raja said.

Shiva nodded his head.

"No anna.. I am not able to forgive him. How can one cheat on his wife and claim it as somebody's mistake..? I can't accept it.." - Ramya still stood in her place.

"Ramya.. you do not know the world.. How many of our leaders have two or three wives. All our gods have two wives.. Males are like that.. If they are eating house food daily and suddenly they get a hotel food for free, they will jump on to it without thinking.." - Raja said.

"No.. No.. that cannot be an explanation anna.. Are all males like him..?" - Ramya asked

"Did you read that India today's report. A significant portion of our girls and boys have pre-marital sex. Another significant portion has extra-marital sex. It is very common in this society today. We should not get bogged down with such stand-offs. If you tell me, he has abandoned you for another girl, I can accept." - Raja said.

"Anna.. you mean to say our culture is dead.. Is there no value to chastity ?" - Ramya asked.

"What culture, chastity you are talking about Ramya..? We are in twenty first century and you are talking chastity. In today's fast world, these things are common. There is nothing like chastity these days. Man or Woman, as they long as they are able to adjust to their faults and pull together, they live together." - Raja said.

After a long session of drumming into Ramya's ears, that there is no value for chastity and one-night stand-offs are very common in these days with males and females, how India Today reports say pre-marital and extra-marital sex are common etc etc, Ramya somehow accepted to live with Shiva.

After giving Ramya and Shiva a warm send-off, Raja and Shanta entered their hall.

"Shanta.. It was really a very tiring session to convince Ramya. Hope Shiva remains on track. I did not want a couple to get separated on such a simple and stupid issue. That is why I put in such effort. I am right only na..?" - Raja asked.

Shanta nodded her head. She did not talk.

"Get me a cup of cofee..shantu.." - Raja said "hey.. why are you so silent..?"

Tears bubbled up in Shanta's eyes. Her lips twitched.

"I.. I did not know that you are such a broad minded person. Only when I listened to your advice to Ramya, I understood it.. I was living with a heavy burden for the past six months. Now I feel I can let it out and be free.." - Shanta said amidst her cry. She sat next to Raja on the softa and embraced him

"What happened shanta..? I do not understand what you are saying..?" - Raja asked softly..

"When you went to hyderabad for a week sometime back, your friend Ramesh had come here. Though I tried my best, I should say I succumbed to him. Only two days.. After that my self got back and I chased him away.. But that has been burdening me a lot.."- Shanta said amidst her cries..

Raja pushed away Shanta violently. "You whore.. bitch.. prostitute.. How dare you tell your husband cooly that you bitched about with his friend..Are you a woman..?" - Raja shouted.

"Raja.. please..Just two times. Such stand-offs are common. You yourselves were saying.." - Shanta said.

"What.. you are justifying that you bitched around saying that everybody is bitching about like you.. What nonsense are you talking..?" - Raja asked.

"Raja, you talked about that India today's report. A significant portion of our girls and boys have pre-marital sex. Another significant portion has extra-marital sex. It is very common in this society today. But I promise you I had come out of it long back. I thought you will not get bogged down with such stand-offs. I did not run away with your friend or abandon you.." - Shanta said pleading.

"You bitch and whore.. A chasteless girl. I don't know how I married you. Is this the way you grew up in your family. Everybody in ur family went on bitching with males or what? They did not teach you about chastity..?" - Raja boiled with extreme anger..

"What culture, chastity you are talking about Raja..? We are in twenty first century and you are talking chastity. In today's fast world, these things are common. There is nothing like chastity these days. Man or Woman, as they long as they are able to adjust to their faults and pull together, they live together. You only said these words know" - Shanta said with a mischievous smile

-TBT

LOL!

good one.

True...why have double standards.
Both man and woman have to stay faithful to each other if they want to remain committed and married.

Last edited:
Please try to drive this note into the heads of Krish Sir and J J ma'am. :lol:

Dear RR ji,

I think you missed the fine prints..

I wrote:

Both man and woman have to stay faithful to each other IF they want to remain committed and married.

I used the word IF.

IF is optional.

At the end of the day we humans can always use our Veto power.

Dear Renu,

I got it. But the way both the members write in forum, seems to advocate adultery without any inhibitions! :nod:

Dear Renu,

I got it. But the way both the members write in forum, seems to advocate adultery without any inhibitions! :nod:

Dear RR ji,

I feel adultery is optional.

Its best left to the adulterer to decide why he or she decided to get a taste of it.

Many reasons can range from:

1)Sex addiction

2)Boredom..some people want the high feeling of a new relationship..once the new feeling wanes they move on to another.

3)Mania phase of Bipolar.. a person might resort to one night stands without actually being fully aware of their actions.

4)Madonna -Whore syndrome...some men can not perform all types of sexual acts with their wives cos they respect their wives too much(consider them chaste and pure..Madonna) and do not want to subject them to unnatural sexual practices.
So these men seek other women(the one whom they feel would play the whore) to live out their fantasies.

5)A wife who feels sexually neglected.

6)Peri-Menoupause and Menopause....some women start to get "re-energized" becos they subconsciously fear losing their femininity and might want to feel sexually attractive again and get adulterous.

7)Love...one falls in love with another person.Yes..entirely possible.

8)Internet friends...yes...Facebook and chat sites increase risk of meeting new people.

So the list can go on.

I dont know reasons why one might commit adultery.

So cant really judge.

Last edited:
Chastity was an evolutionary need.

Evolution needs natural selection. Natural selection needs variance in gene pools and randomness. If chastity is not enforced in society, it is entirely possible that few men will go with a lot of women and vice-versa. Chastity as a concept ensures distribution and variance in gene pools and hence also more randomness in choice.

Ofcourse in current society sex does not default mean child birth. Hence people will feel emboldened to go for out-of-marriage relationships. But there is a catch there also.

Current societies are based on families, which at its core has a man and woman being together sexually, emotionally, economically. It is tough to go stray only sexually and retain other parts.

As long as families and not individuals form the basis of society chastity as an evolutionary need will remain. Those who practice chastity or seen as practising chastity will be able to have better families.

-TBT

Dear RR ji,

Its best left to the adulterer to decide why he or she decided to get a taste of it.

1)Sex addiction

2)Boredom..some people want the high feeling of a new relationship..once the new feeling wanes they move on to another.

3)Mania phase of Bipolar.. a person might resort to one night stands without actually being fully aware of their actions.

4)Madonna -Whore syndrome...some men can not perform all types of sexual acts with their wives cos they respect their wives too much(consider them chaste and pure..Madonna) and do not want to subject them to unnatural sexual practices.
So these men seek other women(the one whom they feel would play the whore) to live out their fantasies.

5)A wife who feels sexually neglected.

6)Peri-Menoupause and Menopause....some women start to get "re-energized" becos they subconsciously fear losing their femininity and might want to feel sexually attractive again and get adulterous.

7)Love...one falls in love with another person.Yes..entirely possible.

8)Internet friends...yes...Facebook and chat sites increase risk of meeting new people.

So the list can go on.

I dont know reasons why one might commit adultery.

So cant really judge.

hi

best analysis....

Please try to drive this note into the heads of Krish Sir and J J ma'am. :lol:

Dear Renu,

Dear RR ji,

1)Sex addiction

So cant really judge.

Chastity is the other option!

After Selection more options opens - with inhibition and without inhibition

Drive this into the head.of Raji Ram!

The reason to choose the option to be chaste could be many

1 Conditioned like Pavlos experiments !

Last edited:
:lol: J J Ji, what ever you write, I will still blow :horn: even if it falls on deaf ears!!

I know very well that the 'So What?' attitude in people spoils the society.

Now it is time for me to say :wave: to this thread. Hence:peace:!

:lol: J J Ji, what ever you write, I will still blow :horn: even if it falls on deaf ears!!

I know very well that the 'So What?' attitude in people spoils the society.

Now it is time for me to say :wave: to this thread. Hence:peace:!

பாட்டு பாடவா பார்த்து பேசவா
பாடம் சொல்லவா பறந்து செல்லவா

Choose one of the above

Soory I don't have freedom of choice!

பறந்து பாேனாளே!!

Situational song!
A woman singing about all her Ex's and her Oh's who keep coming back to her and wont leave her!

She keeps complaining :..(actually I wonder why she keeps complaining..when she has so many men desiring her!LOL)

One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
'Cause I'm the best baby that they never gotta keep
One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave

Ex's and the oh, oh, oh's they haunt me
Like gho-o-osts they want me to make 'em all, all, all
They won't let go
Ex's and oh's

<strong>[video=youtube_share;0uLI6BnVh6w]https://youtu.be/0uLI6BnVh6w[/video]

Women who have been repressed for a long time suddenly realising what has been done to them by husband and society are expressing their right to be free . They would like to explore ways which can give them maximum pleasure and satisfaction.It is just an expression of desire to be equal to men and not be their slaves anymore.They would like to in many ways imagine if not act considering themselves equal to men and feel delighted at that prospect.How many can get over the years of repression and act with courage to assert their newly acquired rights is still open to question. Their years of conditioning in a male dominated society still makes them wary of trying to feel free.Will the new generation get the courage to break free? In india it is difficult. They can escape to freer society of the west and the US to get a taste of equality and freedom to exercise their choice.

Their years of conditioning in a male dominated society still makes them wary of trying to feel free.Will the new generation get the courage to break free? In india it is difficult.
(#post23)

Look at these Aj ki Nari - chances are bright!

When 19-year-old Aranya Johar wrote and performed her poem, 'A Brown Girl's Guide to Gender' on Women's Day, she wasn't expecting it to go viral. Written in half an hour before her board exams, it started on a personal note: Johar recalling the misogyny of a boy telling her that men didn't want to hear about menstruation/vaginas bleeding. Yet, its focus on everyday sexual objectification, violence against women and male privilege struck a chord with many across the world.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-one-verse-at-a-time/articleshow/61705578.cms

The argument that woman for pleasure and thirst are free to rely on out-of-relationships (and hence need not care about chastity) is actually misogynic in nature.

It is again exploitation of women by those men looking to use women as a commodity for their immediate needs, who would want to throw them off after their needs are over. People who propagate commodotization of women under the garb of their sexual liberation are indeed misogynic.

Chastity is common for man and woman in a relationship.

If a woman or man want to walk out of that relationship for want of sexual (or economic or emotional) freedom, they should be welcome to do so, with all honesty and transparency. They should have the maturity to select their next choices and be truthful to those choices.

There are always exceptions, but exceptions are not the rule.

In sanatana dharma, in brahmadeya marriage, a man and woman are supposed to become a friend first. It is their friendship that lays the foundation for their sexual interaction. As they discover more and more about themselves, they evolve to have their own relationship that is not defined by similar relationships others have.

When friendship lays the foundation of marriage, the question of chastity does not even arise. True friends know what each other want/desire and get that for them or bear with their shortcomings. They decide what they can bear and what they cannot. Society does not decide it for them.

-TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back