• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is there a Spiritual Retreat availble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking out for a spiritual retreat for three or four days may be a week. Swami Dayananda used to run such a retreat at Anakatti ashramam. Now they do not run. Does anyone know of any such retreat? No meditation or any particular Guru.

I have attended spiritual retreats in Rishikesh, Uttarkashi, Ramashramam and a few places around Bangalore till I am 72 .To my knowledge and experience all spiritual retreats ( in South) are run by Ashrams run by a Guru. If we have to stay there we have to attend the programs arranged there. In South Ramanashramam is the only place where they do not have fixed spiritual regiman.

Recently my wife spent ten days along with her group in the Ashram at Theni ( தேனி) western border of Tamil Nadu near Madurai District. She says it is good. The Ashram has all modern facilities and run under the guidance of Swami Omkaranada. Ashramam is called "Swami Chitbhavananda Ashramam". You can get all details in their Website. :
www.Vedaneri.org.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Vegas?

Just kidding!

What are you looking for?

Sounds more like a holiday at a quiet place that has ashram atmosphere but no fixed regiment and forced spiritual activities.

Then why dont you just go for a holiday to a hill resort?

Cos Ashrams will have too many "Holy Ghosts" around..I mean too many " spiritual" people who will mostly add to our stress finally.

Just pack your bags and head to a resort..spend some time alone away from any specific activity and do as you please.

Dear Sri Nachinarkiniyan,

As you have mentioned that you are now in a resort, I am sure you would have had enough opportunity to meditate, introspect, be silent etc.,

You would have enjoyed solitude and its eloquency adequately.

For you a spiritual interlude can be in enjoying the company of devotees singing and dancing.

What can be better than going and witnesing/participating in a bhajanotsavam? You get to witness ecstasy expressing itself in multiple colors of the rainbow. You get the opportunity to witness expression of bhakti-the love of Jivatma for paramatma-pure in its form through several songs and dance.

If you are lucky you may even get an opportunity to witness a Gopika Geetam dance drama enacted with pure love and bhakti by an exponent.

You may listen to the Jayadeva's Ashtapathi sung in a deep baritone voice by a lone male singer with his eyes closed pleading with his Krishna to come and take him.

You will feel as if you are in an altogether different world. And it is worth it.

Please click on the link

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=37280&p=398125#post398125.

You will be taken to another page in this forum and may learn about the Alangudi Namasamkeertan Utsav.

And book your ticket for February 2018 and rooms in nearby Kumbakonam.

Degree coffee is a kosuru in the whole scheme.

You may try this for a change and you will enjoy. I have experienced this.

Remember to leave all your load of knowledge behind and go there as a child to enjoy.

If you are looking for a meditation, satsang, yoga, lectures in English about spirituality etc., kind of experience, please forget the preceding lines and excuse me.

Best wishes.

I am staying in a resort now.

I think what you really want is to break free!

So dont go anywhere "spiritual" cos spiritual getaways are just like a prison stint...too much discipline and rules and regulations and we lose our freedom of existence and expression.

Just head to a nice holiday destination away from your present resort.

Depends how far you like to travel..

I have been here.... I liked it... right in the middle of a forest... I have to drive like 10 Kms in the bush to get here...

Food was good. Meditation ambient was average... their discourse was very simple... It's about 40 Kms north of Brisbane...

http://chenrezig.com.au/

Degree coffee is a kosuru in the whole scheme (#8)

This is trivialising Coffee ! Life is like a cup of Coffee!

https://youtu.be/ogweL4E24ok

This in fact was the starting point of Spiritual discussion in the auspicious month of மார்கழி 2 years back!

Recap that in the link

It is interesting

OMG!! This has been winding its way through uncertain territories. Starting with a poor professors cups, moving to cups of a different kind-without handle, to riddle filled ones, to anatomical ones to andal to sundal from வியாசர்பாடி to வாணியம்பாடி(just for the sake of rhymes) and finally ending up in a பேரிளம்பெண்ணின் unfulfilled பெருங்கனவு. LOL. Free entertainment. Enjoyed.

Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=21588

It is a nice place when I went it was lean Swamiji was away except for routine daily pujaa no special lectures camp or festival Starts with early morning Go puja I was given 2 rooms double bed for 4 of us western toilet and hot water Everything things was free stay parking and food I enjoyed river bath Theykadi and Kuchanoor sani temple are near by and worth visiting. I was driving and I am not sure about bus timings From Madurai you have to drive .

They do not have any fixed amount or demand Donation is voluntary Nothing is demanded in advance - I remember to have paid Rs4000 while check out - This is about 5 years back. Contact them before you venture

Another review about this place in this thread

Recently my wife spent ten days along with her group in the Ashram at Theni ( தேனி) western border of Tamil Nadu near Madurai District. She says it is good. The Ashram has all modern facilities and run under the guidance of Swami Omkaranada. Ashramam is called "Swami Chitbhavananda Ashramam". You can get all details in their Website. :
www.Vedaneri.org.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back