• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Azhagi - Tamil fonts made EZ !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

Dear friends,

Some months back, as recommended by T V K Sir, I tried to use Azhagi software, to type Tamil fonts

in our forum. When I typed in Azhagi page and copy pasted in forum, some alien language appeared

instead of Tamil! So, I went back to Gmail compose page to type in Tamil and then copy paste here.

Yesterday, Vaagmi Sir gave the idea of using Azhagi effectively in our forum pages. I wish to share it

here so that many Tamil lovers could download Azhagi and use it to write in Tamil. :)

I record my sincere appreciation to the developer, Sri. B.
Viswanathan. :clap2:.......
cheer2.gif

I shall copy paste the two posts here, for easy understanding.

With Azhagi it is possible.

If you use Windows:

Once you download the software it's icon will be there in the Desktop on your PC screen always ready for use.

Open the TB forum and open your chosen reply page where you want to type directly in Tamil fonts. Now as

your curser is blinking on the empty reply page minimize it , go to desktop and click on the azhagi Icon. The

Azhagi is ready for you to type the Tamil fonts into your Forum reply page. To toggle between Tamil and English

just take the short cut keys route by pressing the alt and 3 keys together. Happily type your Tamil content after

restoring the minimized page - pages and pages. It is that easy.

With Android in your tablet or phone this will not work this way. There is a different set of instructions to download

and use Azhagi in that environment.

And what more. You can carry a condensed version of Azhagi in your thumbdrive and it becomes portable. You can

use it with any computer you work with. It becomes portable across machines. The memory occupied is just negligible

The author of this azhagi free software Mr. Viswanathan, a differently abled person, has done a marvellous job. Try it

and you will know. .............

Dear Vaagmi Sir,

Success this time! Thank you. :thumb: given for your instructions.

But, I would like to add two more lines in your post. (In bold letters)

''Open the TB forum and open your chosen reply page where you want to type directly in Tamil fonts.

Now as your cursor is blinking on the empty reply page minimize it , go to desktop and click on the Azhagi Icon.

Right click on the icon and left click on 'OPEN'. The Azhagi is ready for you to type the Tamil fonts into

your Forum reply page. Restore the minimized page and press Alt and 3 keys together.

To toggle between Tamil and English just take the short cut keys route by pressing the Alt and 3 keys

together. Happily type your Tamil content after restoring the minimized page - pages and pages. ........''

Raji Madam,

How to edit..In tamil.thehindu.com when I type it gives alternatives..Here there are no alternatives popping up...This is what I got

[FONT=&quot]னான் மிக மகிழசியக இருக்கிரென்...[/FONT]

Dear Ganesh,

By using Alt and 4 keys I get 'னான்' instead of '
நான்'! :becky:

Please use Alt and 3 keys and try. You have to be careful about kuRil and nedil letters.

To get ''நான் மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருக்கிறேன்'', you have to type

''naan magizchchiyaaga irukkiREn''

உயிர் எழுத்துக்கள்:

a, aa, i, ii, u, uu, e, E, ai, o, O, au, q
( அ, ஆ, இ, ஈ, உ, ஊ, எ, ஏ, ஐ, ஒ, ஓ, ஔ, ஃ )

மெய் எழுத்துக்கள்:

k, nG, s/ ch, g
n, t, N, th, nh, p, m, y, r, l, v, z, L, R, n.
( க், ங், ச், ஞ், ட், ண், த், ந், ப், ம், ய், ர், ல், வ், ழ், ள், ற், ன் )

ippozuthu muyaRchi seyyungaL (இப்பொழுது முயற்சி செய்யுங்கள்)!

Last edited:
Dear Sri Ganesh,

type n h and then A you will get நா , type n h and a you will get ந.

type y and a you will get ய . Type y and A you will get யா. You can also type y followed by aa to get யா.

what RRji has given is the guide for inputing.

மெய் எழுத்து + உயிர் எழுத்து = உயிர்மெய் எழுத்து. :)

இந்த அட்டவணை மிக உபயோகமாக இருக்கும்.
%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B4%E0%AF%8D+%E0%AE%8E%E0%AE%B4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81.jpg

முன்பு நாம் எப்படி ணை, லை, ளை, றை, னை ஆகிய எழுத்துக்களை எழுதினோம்?

மெதுவாக மறந்து போக ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டதோ?

ஆனால், இந்த மாற்றம் கணினிக்குத் தேவைதான். :)

இப்போதெல்லாம், கணினியைத் திறந்தவுடன் செய்யும் முதல் வேலை,

'அழகி' யை இரு முறை சொடுக்குவதுதான்! :)

இப்போதெல்லாம், கணினியைத் திறந்தவுடன் செய்யும் முதல் வேலை,

'அழகி' யை இரு முறை சொடுக்குவதுதான்! :)

:nod::cheer2:

'அழகி' மிகவும் சிறப்பாக மாற்றப்பட்டுவிட்டாள்! :love:

முன்னொரு காலத்தில் (24 - 8 - 2012) என் புலம்பல் இதோ:

அழகி எப்படியோ

பழகி, உங்களுக்கு

அள்ளித் தருகிறாள்

துள்ளும் தமிழை!

இதோ, என் பெயரின்

அதோ கதியைப்

பாருங்கள், உங்கள்

அரும் அழகியால்!

ராஜி ராம் = ტ áõ :faint:

'அழகி' மிகவும் சிறப்பாக மாற்றப்பட்டுவிட்டாள்! :love:
முன்னொரு காலத்தில் (24 - 8 - 2012) என் புலம்பல் இதோ:

அழகி அன்றும், இன்றும், என்றும் அழகி தான்.

அழகைப்புரிந்துகொள்வதில் - may be I am fast. LOL.

அழகி அன்றும், இன்றும், என்றும் அழகி தான்.

அழகைப்புரிந்துகொள்வதில் - may be i am fast. Lol.
ஓ!!! ஒன்று மட்டும் பகிர்கின்றேன்!

என் கணினியில் சாளரம் 8 இருந்த சமயம், அழகிப் பக்கத்தில் என் பெயரை எழுதி,

நம் இணையதளத்தில் வெட்டி ஒட்டினால் கிடைத்தது, ''㡃¢ ã¡õ'' (ராஜி ராம்)!! :faint2:

இப்போது, என் கணினியில் உள்ளது சாளரம் XP. இப்போது வெட்டி ஒட்டினாலும்,

இணையதளத்திலேயே எழுதினாலும், வேற்று கிரக மொழி வருவதேயில்லை!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back