• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Let us salute this Great man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

Nehruji drawing .jpgKLl7

Today is November 14. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was born on this very date 128 years ago in 1889. A great visionary and patriot, who spent the best years of his active life fighting the mighty British for the freedom of India. He was in prison for nine terms from 1922 to 1945 for 3259 days.

Let us salute this leader as a mark of of gratitude for all the things he had done to improve the lives of the citizens of this Country for seventeen years as Prime Minister. (1947 to 1964)

Panditji was a great democrat and loved the younger generation. This day is celebrated as childrens' day.
When I was a student in 1952, I drew a caricature of Panditji and sent to him with a request to get his autograph ( along with a self addressed envelop).
To my pleasant surprise, in a week's time I got it back with his autograph in a separate autograph leaf in the self addressed envelop I had sent.

That was the humility of this greatman

In his first broadcast to the nation on August 15, 1947, Nehru said: "Fellow Countrymen, it has been my privilege to serve India and the cause of India's freedom for many years. Today I address you for the first time officially as the First Servant of the Indian people, pledged to their service and their betterment. I am here because you willed it so and I remain here so long as you choose to honour me with your confidence."

Only other Prime Minister who called himself as "servant of the people" is Sri Narendra Modi

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Last edited:
hi

some times hero worship more dangerous often ....may be arrogant ....i like simple man like shri Kamaraj....in somewhat

shri Annadurali and Shri Ramakrishna Hegde....Shri Lal bahadur shastri/Dr Rajendra prasad are far better than Nehru...

just my opinion..

View attachment 6348KLl7

Today is November 14. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was born on this very date 128 years ago in 1889. A great visionary and patriot, who spent the best years of his active life fighting the mighty British for the freedom of India. He was in prison for nine terms from 1922 to 1945 for 3259 days.

Let us salute this leader as a mark of of gratitude for all the things he had done to improve the lives of the citizens of this Country for seventeen years as Prime Minister. (1947 to 1964)

Panditji was a great democrat and loved the younger generation. This day is celebrated as childrens' day.
When I was a student in 1952, I drew a caricature of Panditji and sent to him with a request to get his autograph ( along with a self addressed envelop).
To my pleasant surprise, in a week's time I got it back with his autograph in a separate autograph leaf in the self addressed envelop I had sent.

That was the humility of this greatman

In his first broadcast to the nation on August 15, 1947, Nehru said: "Fellow Countrymen, it has been my privilege to serve India and the cause of India's freedom for many years. Today I address you for the first time officially as the First Servant of the Indian people, pledged to their service and their betterment. I am here because you willed it so and I remain here so long as you choose to honour me with your confidence."

Only other Prime Minister who called himself as "servant of the people" is Sri Narendra Modi

Brahmanyan

Bangalore.

Wonderful post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back