• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How Surat got people to ditch autorickshaw rides, opt for buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Surat municipal corporation has set an example in achieving the tough task of getting more and more users of autos and two-wheelers to opt for city buses.

A combination of savvy pricing and smart technology has meant that the service, Surat Sitilink Ltd, launched less than a year back by the municipal body has succeeded in attracting 93% passengers, many of whom were earlier using auto-rickshaws and two-wheelers.

Surat's stellar show comes at a time when most city bus entities including
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) are facing huge challenge to increase bus ridership. While in November 2016 the Surat Sitilink got only 3,000 riders per day by August this year it increased to 65,000, an over 20-fold increase in ridership. Average daily revenue also increased from Rs 46,000 to Rs 6 lakh during this period.

Master.jpg

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/how-surat-got-people-to-ditch-autorickshaw-rides-opt-for-buses/articleshow/61611309.cms

Last edited:
Public transport is always a better option for the Government to keep cities less poluted. But in a city like Delhi, where private vehicles almost set to overtake human population, this seems to be highly impractical unless government comes out with drastic steps like banning certain categories of private vehicles on road. Despite being the national capital, Delhi is home for all modes of surface transports like tongas, Bullock carts,cycles, cycle rikshaws, bikes and cars, buses..... A reall mess.

Chennai too can get out the dependency on autos by going for Uber or Ola taxis...The cost is much lower than the autos...Shared taxis are even more better and offer super value for money!!

What will happen to auto drivers then?
Out of job..they too have families to feed.
Unless they become Uber Autos.

Chennai too can get out the dependency on autos by going for Uber or Ola taxis...The cost is much lower than the autos...Shared taxis are even more better and offer super value for money!!
hi

i recently visited chennai...i used Ola and fast track for local mode of transport...i feel cheaper and cost effective than autos...'

autos used to be monopoly for common man....not anymore..

What will happen to auto drivers then?
Out of job..they too have families to feed.
Unless they become Uber Autos.
Dear Renu,
This won't happen because automen know how to make money! :popcorn:

They are not interested in long trips but fleece people taking very short trips, for which cabs can't be availed.

I pay Rs. 30 from the shopping center, which is just one farlong (0.2 KM) away from home.

I go by walk; shop; come back with the purchases in an auto. All the four guys in that stand are friendly to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back