• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ordinary Kasturba made an extraordinary Gandhi: Granddaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee
has hailed the contribution of her grandmother Kasturba Gandhi in the making of the Father of the Nation, saying she remained anchored as an ordinary person but propelled Mahatma Gandhi to a "super human" stature.

Kasturba
, fondly called 'Ba', was also Gandhi's fellow crusader in the struggle for freedom, and in many ways became a virtual embodiment of the spirit that guided him and his vision of Satyagraha.

Gandhi himself had acknowledged the role played by Kasturba in shaping his life and struggle for Independence.

In a December 1938 article in his journal 'Harijan', he wrote: "I learnt the lesson of non-violence from my wife, when I tried to bend her to my will."

"Her determined resistance to my will, on the one hand, and her quiet submission to the suffering my stupidity involved, on the other, ultimately made me ashamed of myself and cured me of my stupidity in thinking that I was born to rule over her and, in the end, she became my teacher in non- violence," he said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...gandhi-granddaughter/articleshow/61516361.cms

Kasturba is the quintessential Indian woman. I see her in many women of India.

I salute the women of India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back