• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Madras HC quashes plea seeking ban on Vijay’s Mersal, says freedom of expression is f

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

[FONT=&quot]The Madras High Court Friday dismissed a petition seeking a ban on Tamil superstar Vijay’s film, Mersal. Observing that freedom of expression is for all, the court stated that Mersal is only a film and not real life, reported news agency [/FONT]ANI[FONT=&quot]. The filmmakers have come under fire for “criticising” the Centre’s flagship schemes, including the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Digital India.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The high court’s order comes a day after Vijay thanked his fans and supporters for defending his film. “My colleagues in the film industry, actors, directors, producers, organisations representing actors, directors, some of the renowned national leaders, media houses and my friends have given (them) a befitting reply. I thank all of them who supported Mersal,” he wrote, adding his full Christian name, C Joseph Vijay.

[/FONT]
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/madras-hc-quashes-plea-seeking-ban-on-vijays-mersal-says-freedom-of-expression-is-for-all-4908795/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back