• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Preserving our Sanatana Dharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

There is a concerted effort from the Abrahamic religions to demean our tradition and philosophies through Educational Institutions, NGO's, Conversions, etc.

When i look around, all of us know some aspect of our Sanatana Dharma, but do not seem to know enough to be able to educate our children about the beauty of our Dharma.

Say a christian child asks its parents what scripture should it follow, the answer is clear cut - The Bible; same is the case of a muslim - the scripture to follow is Quran.

Among our members do we have clarity within ourselves to be able to guide our children in Sanatana Dharma? If a child asks us can you tell me which scripture I should follow as a Sanatani - is it Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Puranas, Ithihasas, the Brahmanas, the Aryankas or the Vedas?

This question has been bothering me for sometime and only recently I was able to find the answer to this question. I am sure this forum is filled with learned scholars and I would greatly appreciate if you could validate my answers.

As I am new I am unable to post the links to the pages where I share my understanding, though I try here
<please post those contents here - either in full or partially . Do not use this platform to promote other websites.- admin>

The basic theme of my quest has been the following:

1. What is the objective of Sanatana Dharma?
2. How does Sanatana Dharma approach the objective?
3. How do I choose my path in Sanatana Dharma?

The basic idea is to equip our children with necessary information so that they can:

1. Understand the basics of our Dharma and appreciate the beauty of our dharma
2. Be independent enough to choose the path most suitable to them
3. Find the correct scripture to follow based on the path that they have chosen
4. Answer any questions raised by those who attempt to convert by misquoting and misrepresenting our Dharma
5. Be able to counter any attempt by other religions to brainwash or demean our dharma

With my limited understanding of the subject, I have attempted this. I would invite Learned scholars to correct my understanding where it is wrong and compile a compendium of information about our dharma which can benefit everyone of us.

Thanks in advance.
Shridar

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back