• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Butterfly dosa master (it is a promotional Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Prasad Sir,

We ladies, who can make crispy dhOsAs with normal dOsai kal, won't prefer these machines! :nono:

Who will spend time and energy, cleaning and keeping the parts of the machine safe?

While more are interested in eating dosas, here we have one who is interested in making a machine that produce dosas....

Engineering student’s device costs Rs. 1 lakh and can make 700 dosas a day

TH13_ESHWAR1

An egg puff costs you Rs. 10, a vegetable burger Rs. 20, but a dosa often costs you more than Rs. 25. A crispy red, hot masala dosa is arguably the most common food item in Tamil Nadu, but by no means one of the cheaper items. This prompted Eshwar Vikas, an engineering student, to think of a machine that could produce dosas in seconds and make them cheaper.

Dosas, pooris and chappatis are hand-made, while burgers and pizzas are manufactured. This explains the difference in pricing. Also, finding skilled dosa-makers is not easy, he says.

Two year ago, the electronics engineering student of SRM University here started working on a small dosa-maker. The table-top piece, approximately the size of a microwave oven, takes less than a minute to bring out a dosa. You can choose the kind you want — thick, thin, crispy, uthapam or kal dosa. The batter is spread and dispersed, and the cooked dosa is peeled and rolled out. After every dosa, the machine uses an internal mechanism and water to clean the hot plate.

The Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, has already produced an automated dosa machine, but Eshwar explains that he wants his prototype to be very different. “Those machines are very bulky and use a sophisticated mechanism to spread batter. They were mainly for use in hostels. We have used simple techniques with DC motors, sensors and valves,” he says. His ‘Dosamatic’, meant for smaller restaurants and retail outlets, will cost one-third the price of an existing automated dosa-making machine that costs around Rs. 3 lakh.

A native of Hyderabad, Eshwar always wanted to be an entrepreneur. Two months ago, an international bank offered him a plush job but he was not interested.

Eshwar has spent over Rs. 6 lakh on his Dosamatic, funded mainly by his earnings from internships. “Smaller restaurants make at least 400 dosas a day. This machine can make 700,” he says.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/a-machine-that-makes-dosas-in-a-jiffy/article4412180.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Prasad Sir,

We ladies, who can make crispy dhOsAs with normal dOsai kal, won't prefer these machines! :nono:

Who will spend time and energy, cleaning and keeping the parts of the machine safe?

I agree with you.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4412180.ece

This article is dated 2013. Either he never went to production or sold his patent.

As usual you always try to give a blind judgement without knowing facts. LOL

Please go through this link

After Dosamatic, Mukunda Foods is making more robots that can make a variety of food items

may6-16-dosaoffice.jpg

Eshwar, who is a foodie himself, came up with the idea of making an automatic dosa maker while doing his graduation in electrical and electronics engineering at SRM University in Chennai.

Read more at: http://www.theweekendleader.com/Success/2423/chef-robot.html

As usual you always try to give a blind judgement without knowing facts. LOL

Please go through this link

After Dosamatic, Mukunda Foods is making more robots that can make a variety of food items

may6-16-dosaoffice.jpg

Eshwar, who is a foodie himself, came up with the idea of making an automatic dosa maker while doing his graduation in electrical and electronics engineering at SRM University in Chennai.

Read more at: http://www.theweekendleader.com/Success/2423/chef-robot.html

Why do you have a chip on your shoulder?
My comment was on the article you posted. That article was dated 2013. You did not post a follow up at that time.
My post quoted a production model on sale.

My comment was on the article you posted. That article was dated 2013. You did not post a follow up at that time.
My post quoted a production model on sale.

<deleted>

Stop harassing other members. Post factual and current information.

This is a warning to you. Again.

What prevented you to probe.....

What prevented you learn more about the product before jumping into conclusion....

P.S: Try to do some home work too. It is a public Forum and don't expect spoon feeding.

In your police job nobody ever challenged you. You have been leading a mundane existence. You are used to being the bully.
Here you come to an open forum and you get someone to to question you and you can not handle it.

I only mentioned that your information was dated and probably outdated. That is a fact. I did not disparage you, that is your style. I did not want to stoop to your level. I do not wish to butt heads with a ........

If you keep harassing me I will report you.

I have done talking with you.

In your police job nobody ever challenged you. You have been leading a mundane existence. You are used to being the bully.
Here you come to an open forum and you get someone to to question you and you can not handle it.

I only mentioned that your information was dated and probably outdated. That is a fact. I did not disparage you, that is your style. I did not want to stoop to your level. I do not wish to butt heads with a ........

If you keep harassing me I will report you.

I have done talking with you.

You are known to drag unnecessary and unwanted things and thus try to gain attention and sympathy which I don't do.

By your dragging my past, you allow others to read your mind (?) and its level of thinking.

Please keep it up, so that others may know your true colour.

Wow! How much technology helps marketing! Here is my experience:

I was curious to find the price of the dhOsA maker and searched Amazon site - learnt that it is ONLY Rs. 1,80,000/- :dizzy:

Within two minutes, my mobile rang; saw a number, which was not in my list! Who could it be??? I answered the call.

It was from Indiamart and a friendly voice asked me when he can send me the dhOsA maker. OMG! How can I shell out

so much money for the snack, which I can prepare so well at home! I replied that I am not the owner of any restaurant

and so don't need one! My :spy: work got me the answer as to how Indiamart knew my mobile number. Recently, I had

bought two pairs of kneecaps online from Amazon and they had my mobile number! :becky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back