• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Arrival of two G-s !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

Ram and I want to live a simple life and were NOT keen in getting a smart phone.
I used to answer my friends

who ask me, "Do you have WhatsApp number?'' like this:
''No! We are two G only - RaG and G.R!!''. Hmmmmm.

Time changes, right?
We got a smart phone as Diwali gift from our dear son and d.i.l. Suggestions were guiding us

to go in for Jio, which provides 1 GB download / day and all calls free,
within India! Wow! O K! Jio SIM purchased

and phone started working. But ......
Internet was available and Wi-Fi could be connected; but phone was :tape: !

All calls dropped - both incoming and outgoing! :sad:

My eldest sister had the same problem with Jio, but she got the help from the man who sold the SIM and her problem

was solved. She asked me to download Jio apps.
I did. Searched for help, in my P C. Step by step instructions are available

in their
web site and I sincerely followed them; got an OTP; used it; Jio did the e-mail verification and Lo and Behold........

My voice phone got its life! :baby:

So......... now we have two more G-s added! Moto 'G' 5 plus and 'Ji'o !! :thumb:

Dear Friends,

Do you have any interesting experiences with your new mobile phone or Jio net work?

I got jio connection yesterday - Reliance digital show room in OMR - for my new phone Redmi 4 Now I have 2 Sims -.the old 3G BSNL which doesn't work - weak signals and voice drop - and unstable wifi connection with airtel BB - Airtel the only land line available in this gated community - With jio (sim 2) don't need the landline with wifi any more - But airtel is not willing to provide land line without Broad Band I will surrender the land line My experience with jio is good I have 4 gadgets connected to the hot spot created in jio all working fine! The next recharge Rs 399 after 3 months - voice and SMS free with 1GB data per day - Airtel is around 1000 per month.

Dear J J ji,

Thanks for your feed back! :)

I had an idea to change my 2G sim with a 3 G sim - BSNL.

Now, I will NOT do it! :D

1 GB data per day is a bit too much! ;)

Anyway it is good, since I can listen to many carnatic songs, even without Wi-Fi connection!! :music:

3 days experience with jio excellent! ,I will asses for one more week and then will surrender the 2 landlines with BB in Madras (Airtel) and Madurai (Bsnl) each costing over Rs 1000 a month! Will continue with cellone (Bsnl) as an alternative to jio

Cage effect -Jio will not work when surrounded by high rise buildings on all sides with little open space This is Cage effect of Faraday I experienced that when I was in the neighbouring cluster of buildings 0ut of that situation jio is great!

Jio 4 G is really :cool: !

Morning starts with nice songs on youtube. Why not use at least half of the 1 GB download allowed per day! :)

With a plastic container in which we bought sweets sometime back, I made a nice stand for my mobile phone.

Cut and fixed the lid vertically to the box. Filled up half of the box with plaster of Paris paste, to make it sturdy.

Covered it with a printed paper, when dry. Now, I can do my household chores and cooking, even while talking

to my siblings, by keeping the mobile on this stand, with its speaker ON! Cool, right?

Shall post the picture in "Ideas.......'' thread soon. :photo:

One more advantage! We can easily keep in touch with our children living abroad, through WhatsApp ! :thumb:

Create a personal hot spot in jio and your laptop will pick up the wifi you won't need the BB in landline upto 10 gadgets can can be connected like other cell phones etc which need wifi connection for data down loads - The non jio phones can even make voice calls free through your jio for that download jio4g voice app in the other phone and can make free voice call with your jio I have 4 gadgets using my jio Believe me it really works

What is VoLTE you see on jio phones? This is how the 4G works

This approach results in the voice service (control and media planes) being delivered as data flows within the LTE data bearer. This means that there is no dependency on (or ultimately, requirement for) the legacy circuit-switched voice network to be maintained. VoLTE has up to three times more voice and data capacity than 3G UMTS and up to six times more than 2G GSM.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_LTE

Listening to M P 3 does not gobble up lot of bytes. For Carnatic music lovers there are two nice sites - Raaga.com and gaana.com,

which have umpteen M P 3 recordings of various artists. So, my day starts - not with our dear forum, but with the kitchen chores

and some cleaning of the garden. Background music is provided by my Moto G, from one of those sites. Raaga.com has radio

channels for a few artists, to give non stop music treat! The only problem is that it does NOT stop when someone calls us!

Music stops when phone is picked and starts again when the 'speaker' is clicked! So, the two options are:

1. Either talk without speaker -Difficult for me since I talk and work simultaneously!

2. Tell the person that I shall switch off the music and then call back in a minute! :phone:

I learnt that gaana.com is NOT a free site. So I have bid :wave: to that! :cool:

Right now, Jio gives 1 GB data per day; so, I can listen to youtube uploads

for a couple of hours every day, in addition to the MP3 albums. :music:

I had an interesting experience with jio connection.
When my finger pressure could not activate the connection due to lack of blood in finger tip.the shop fellow told my wife to do it on my behalf.
My wife was shocked and point black refused.I have an unactivated jio.

I had an interesting experience with jio connection.
When my finger pressure could not activate the connection due to lack of blood in finger tip. ....
Dear Krish Sir,

It happens. Ram's finger was given extra pressure by the shopkeeper, to link the jio sim with his aadhaar card!

For my 2 G b s n l connection, the machine could read my aadhaar card, without getting 'extra' pressure!! ;)

Create a personal hot spot in jio and your laptop will pick up the wifi you won't need the BB in landline upto 10 gadgets can can be connected like other cell phones etc which need wifi connection for data down loads .........
Dear J J ji,

Thank you very much! I created a personal hot spot in jio and connected my laptop with it.

My skype class, with my laptop, was very good yesterday. Good audio - video sync!! :cool:

You have to keep jio close to the gadget it works in short range It makes sense to buy a jioFi(router) for Rs 999 with a sim and around Rs 300 for three months and be done with costly land line with BB BSNL provides land line without out BB

You can link all wifi to it and make calls from other cell phones free I have not surrendered my bsnl cell one as it is registered with aadhar bank ac gas ration etc but I don't use it yet keep alive !

Number portability is possible but I don't want to try that

Most of the persons in Sing. Chennai have ONLY mobiles and no b s n l land line! :(

So, almost 75% out of the 400 free calls given with B B connection, go waste!

Now, we make mobile calls with jio and the landline is alive only because it is :cool: to keep a back up phone! :D

Next month, we plan to change the Rs. 1,000 + combo plan, to a less expensive combo plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back