• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is this Bhakthi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues as per me!! Bhakthas are doing both! Praying and clicking!! They would like to share the divine experience with near & dear !!

22279757_644677419253828_8992321529010339967_n.jpg

Source: Facebook

I think we can give the phone a rest.
It has become too intrusive. It invades the privacy. It is irritating.

Not only mobiles, which are somewhat smaller in size. Many mAmAs and mAmis carry their I pad and start 'shooting'!

They are a sort of menace in weddings also. Unless CCTV is arranged, nothing happening on the stage will be seen by guests. :(

I have a friend who visits almost all the temples, on special days. Her main job is the take umpteen videos of

events happening there and show them to her friends, just to brag! :blah:

Golda Meir also had an issue with Moses! This is the issue!

Moses dragged us for 40 years through the desert to bring us to the one place in the Middle East where there was no oil.

I thought most of the temples Ban talking pictures inside (of course people still do it).
[FONT=q_serif]
Because most of the people with their cameras are a big nuisance in such places. Sometimes the photographs also hurt religious feelings especially when people try to click selfies with the statues and paintings there.

Here in courts, you can not even bring your cell phones inside the courtroom. They must be left out.

I think that is sensible.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Most of the temples have banned the use of cell phones inside the premises, but there are many who break the rule,

because, with the new cell phones, it is very easy to click pictures, without being noticed. :(

May be Bhakti was never there to start with even from before.

What most of us call Bhakti is just intense episodes of seeking fullfilment of desire from God.

Its overated Transactions.

If tomorrow God declares He is not giving any more blessings ..most temples would be empty.

So what is truly Bhakti?

.......... So what is truly Bhakti?
Dear Renu,

Since I teach music, I give examples as the Trinity of Carnatic music; they had true bhakthi.
They never asked for money but desired to get ONLY the blessings of their Ista Deivams. :pray2:

81FcNglDc4L._SX355_.jpg

Courtesy: Google images

Dear Renu,

Since I teach music, I give examples as the Trinity of Carnatic music; they had true bhakthi.
They never asked for money but desired to get ONLY the blessings of their Ista Deivams. :pray2:

81FcNglDc4L._SX355_.jpg

Dear Smt RR, Renuka,

I give respect to relationship per se and not focus on the personality in the relationship. So irrespective of what the other person in the relationship does, it does not affect the relationship. So true bhakthi is like that, even more so. It is unconditional.

Dear Renu,

81FcNglDc4L._SX355_.jpg

But can we just not even desire blessings?
Some desire material..some desire blessings..both are desires.
So how different is it?

Bhakti needs to be unconditional..that is one should be even accept all outcomes.

But can we just not even desire blessings?
Some desire material..some desire blessings..both are desires.
So how different is it?

Bhakti needs to be unconditional..that is one should be even accept all outcomes.
Dear Renu,

The three bhakthAs I mentioned in my earlier post DID face lot of sufferings in life.

They did not hate God / Goddess for that, but continued to pray their Ishta Deivam.

It is பயபக்தி - Bhakti out of fear! உம்மாச்சி கண்ண குத்திடும்!
'Bhaya Bhakthi' reminds me of one of the Q - A that I read long back in the magazine 'KalkaNdu'.

Q: What is Bhaya Bhakthi?

A: The feeling in your mind while visiting the temple.

Q: How do you explain it?

A: Bhayam - because your slippers might be lost! Bhakthi (towards God) - to get some benefits. :D

Dear Smt RR, Renuka,

I give respect to relationship per se and not focus on the personality in the relationship. So irrespective of what the other person in the relationship does, it does not affect the relationship. So true bhakthi is like that, even more so. It is unconditional.
Dear Sravna Sir,
You are really great! :clap2:

In spite of some of my teasing posts, you still address me with affection! :)

There are people, this clan has become a lot, who how much ever good you do to them, will not be good to you. I call this unreasonable and unrelenting hate because hate will neither reduce nor is reasonable. Can someone say this in one word?

There are people, this clan has become a lot, who how much ever good you do to them, will not be good to you. I call this unreasonable and unrelenting hate because hate will neither reduce nor is reasonable. Can someone say this in one word?

Sravna....
Punjabi has one word to describe what you just mentioned.

Forgive me..cos its a swear word but its 100% accurate.

The word is Ch***ya.

Sravna....
Punjabi has one word to describe what you just mentioned.

Forgive me..cos its a swear word but its 100% accurate.

The word is Ch***ya.
Need to know punjabi to understand the nuances of the word but if it is accurate, then hate is standing one on one with love

Need to know punjabi to understand the nuances of the word but if it is accurate, then hate is standing one on one with love

OMG Sravna...its such a well known word.
You should know the word!

What have you been doing in India?

The C word is very flexible..its like the F word.
I can be used as an Adjective..Noun..Verb..Particle..Participle..etc.

One can actually have a Bhasyam on this C word.

Sravna..go learn some basic Punju words...really worth it..power packed!

BTW who made you upset?

Not upset Renuka. I was just thinking about the unconditional aspect in a relation. What immediately struck me was hate of some people which is a constant. Good and bad seem to have many things in common except something changes at the fundamental level. Something to ponder about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back