• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

When to perform mother's shradda if cannot be done on the original thithi

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this forum two days before, I have requested for guidance about performing my mother'Shradda at a later date. MY MOTHER ATTAINED ACHARYAN THIRUVADIGAL IN THE MONTH OF KARTHIGAI ON DASAMI THITHI (Sulla Paksha DASAMI THITHI) ON DECEMBER12th, 2013. MY WIFE AND I NOW LIVE IN NORTHERN ONTARIO, CANADA. IT IS A VERY VERY SMALL PLACE AND DOES NOT HAVE ANY HINDU TEMPLE. AS PER MY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE THE THITHI FOR THIS YEAR FALLS ON 20th. NOV, 2017. WE WILL BE VISITING TORONTO ON DEC 21ST. AND WILL BE THERE UPTO 2ND JANUARY, 2018. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER THE SHRADDA CAN BE DONE ON ANY DAY IN THIS PERIOD. PLEASE HELPE AND I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE VALUABLE GUIDANCE. Sainathan (E Mail : [email protected])

Respected Gopalan Sir,

Just one clarification needed. Should the thithi be the Dasami in Krishna paksham?

This doubt arises because 17th December has srAddha thithi as 'amAvAsai', in the month Margazhi.

And, Krishna paksham dasami is on 12th December, in the month Karthigai, as per pAmbu panchAngam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back