• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What the relationship between the Palghat Iyers and Malayalis tells us about Kerala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir,
There was this strange article written by Mr. TCA Shrinvasa Raghavan, about a book written by his friend Mr. M.K. Das, titled "Saga of Kalapathy". I quote from the article published on Scroll.in on 24-09-2017, "A Brahmin from Uttar Pradesh would never have heard of Palghat Iyers " this statement itself is a falsehood. I belong to a family of Palghat Iyers, settled in Maharashtra, and a sizable part of our family is settled in Kashi (Benaras) where the family maintains a Veda Pathshala.
It seems this entire book is based on lies and distortions of the truth.
As such this Mr.Das is full of lies and this objectionable book should be labelled as fiction.

Sir,
There was this strange article written by Mr. TCA Shrinvasa Raghavan, about a book written by his friend Mr. M.K. Das, titled "Saga of Kalapathy". I quote from the article published on Scroll.in on 24-09-2017, "A Brahmin from Uttar Pradesh would never have heard of Palghat Iyers " this statement itself is a falsehood. I belong to a family of Palghat Iyers, settled in Maharashtra, and a sizable part of our family is settled in Kashi (Benaras) where the family maintains a Veda Pathshala.
It seems this entire book is based on lies and distortions of the truth.
As such this Mr.Das is full of lies and this objectionable book should be labelled as fiction.

Dear Sir,

Just went through the article you have mentioned. May be a few lines as you have mentioned are little away from facts, but the article as a whole is not that bad. As an Iyer, I also have spent many years in Kerala and am well aware about the situation for us there. Now since I have shifted to north for more than 32 years, I have a fare idea about our status here as well. Iyers are popular in North among certain elite and educated class only and if you go deep many people may not have any idea about the casts exisitng in South India. Iyers are known in Kashi or may be in Allahabad too, because many people keep visiting these areas for religious commitments. But the scene is not same elsewhere in UP. So we can't entirely oppose that statement. Unable to offer comments on the book because I have not seen it. Any way your post has generated some interest in me to read that and definitely offer my comments once I read it.

Dear Sir,

I was not expecting a reply so soon, but my family roots are somewhere in the deep South. Our family tree and genealogy is extremely tangled and complicated. All Tamil Brahmins settled in North India and who write their surname primarily as DRAVID as well as Iyer are interrelated.
Being Shiva worshipers, individuals would travel to Shiva Temples in North India for pilgrimage. These JYOTIRLINGA's are as follows: 1. Somnath 2. Mallikarjun 3.Mahakaleshwar 4. Omkareshwar 5. Vaidyanath 6. Bhimashankar 7. Rameshwar 8. Nageshwar 9. Kashi Vishwanath 10.Trymbakeshwar 11. Kedarnath 12. Ghrishneshwar

One by one the Iyers started settling down in North India. A strange thing in my family is, we worship Shiva and some families have Tirupati Balaji as the Kuladaivat, and the senior members of our family speak Tamil & Marathi.

Out of time more later.

hi

even palakkad iyers very famous in mathunga areas/some part in delhi in north ....not every north india....generally

all south indians are called MADRASI IN GENERAL....

How many people in Deep south of Tamil Nadu will know the different Patel clans or the can differentiate people from Assam, Tripura or Nagaland.

We all possess limited knowledge about other communities. We are to a great extent ignorant about far-off cultures.

Out of the 12 Jyotirlinga in India, 5 of them are in the State of Maharashtra. However, Aundha Nagnath Jyotirlinga is also debated to be in Gujarat in the form of Nageshwar Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back