• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dilemma Of Being Half Brahmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children of of IC/IR marriages [Boys]are finding it very difficult to fingd mtches in brahmin community.

Their Brahmin parent in flush of youth found their soul mates from IC/IR communities.

Their brahmin parent now want their children to get brahmin brides.

Somehow I feel bad that the brahmin community is making it difficult for them to get a girl from the community.

I posted the profile of one such girl from north e relative, convent educated, engg from SRM and Masters from the US around 25 yrs fairly good looking in a forum popular with tamil brahmin -tamil matrimony.I had indiacated that I wanted an india resident

Free membership of course.

I was stunned by the response-my mail was over flowing with response from over 100 persons , half of them brahmins or half brahmins with excellent academic

credentials and decent jobs in south india ,singapore, the US.I had indicated That north or west indian located tamil brahmin was my preferance. Yet the inability of

such a vast number to find educated girls like this was a revelation.

Why should not brahmin community become more liberal and make possible for these helpless off springs -half brahmin boys by ofering them educated girls

The children are not responsible for action of parents.They all deserve decent matches from brahmin community of their choice.Will community offer some solution to this issue?

Children of of IC/IR marriages [Boys]are finding it very difficult to fingd mtches in brahmin community.

Their Brahmin parent in flush of youth found their soul mates from IC/IR communities.

Their brahmin parent now want their children to get brahmin brides.

Somehow I feel bad that the brahmin community is making it difficult for them to get a girl from the community.

I posted the profile of one such girl from north e relative, convent educated, engg from SRM and Masters from the US around 25 yrs fairly good looking in a forum popular with tamil brahmin -tamil matrimony.I had indiacated that I wanted an india resident

Free membership of course.

I was stunned by the response-my mail was over flowing with response from over 100 persons , half of them brahmins or half brahmins with excellent academic

credentials and decent jobs in south india ,singapore, the US.I had indicated That north or west indian located tamil brahmin was my preferance. Yet the inability of

such a vast number to find educated girls like this was a revelation.

Why should not brahmin community become more liberal and make possible for these helpless off springs -half brahmin boys by ofering them educated girls

The children are not responsible for action of parents.They all deserve decent matches from brahmin community of their choice.Will community offer some solution to this issue?

Krish Sir, Why are you insisting on Brahmin bride...Why not half brahmin bride or a bride from the community of non brahmin parent?

Krish Sir, Why are you insisting on Brahmin bride...Why not half brahmin bride or a bride from the community of non brahmin parent?
hi

now a days ....nobody is FULL BRAHMIN...EVERY BODY IS HALF BRAHMIN ONLY...MANY ARE IN BIRTH CERTIFICATE JUST BY

BIRTH....so dont worry...if wealth power is there...even brahmin gals are available plenty...

If one is a mixed breed why marry a full breed?

This is like asking for trouble cos a mixed breed will have a broader outlook and a full breed a narrower outlook.

Best is for a mixed breed to marry another mixed breed cos both will be less fanatical.

Full breeds of any kind from any community would be fanatical.

Also mixed breeds genes tend to be more intelligent and good looking.

Their brahmin parent now want their children to get brahmin brides...........
This has been the trend for the past few decades! I know at least a dozen such mixed parents

wishing to get a brahmin match for their son / daughter! I used to :lol: to myself.

Super Response

This is like asking for trouble cos a mixed breed will have a broader outlook and a full breed a narrower outlook.

Best is for a mixed breed to marry another mixed breed cos both will be less fanatical.

Last year, my neighbour lady smiled at me and had a brief chat. She told me that she is on the look out for a well educated bride

for her son. I said, 'nalla vishayam!'. Then she asked me, 'Enunga! unga sondha bandhaththula edhachchum poNNu irukkudhA?

BrAmin-nAlum engaLukkup paravAyilla!' I was totally :shocked: - To what level we have descended!! :sad:

hi

i agreed....some practical experiences too...

I am able to see Mendel stirring in his grave in discomfort. LOL.

One interesting phenomenon.

NB classes -economically upward mobile seem to aspire for brahmin girls.

I got as many as fifty responses from NBs.[as many as from brahmins]

This perhaps would be unthinkable fifty years back.

I am able to see Mendel stirring in his grave in discomfort. LOL.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
the mixed breed is hottest of all,
Makes everyone else fall,
Sattva,Rajas,Tamas..what a ball!

Last edited:
One interesting phenomenon.

NB classes -economically upward mobile seem to aspire for brahmin girls.

I got as many as fifty responses from NBs.[as many as from brahmins]

This perhaps would be unthinkable fifty years back.
N B guys were interested to 'trap' brahmin girls even from 70s!

The same N B guys will definitely hesitate to marry a girl from any caste lower to theirs! That has been always the trend.

(But our sAstrAs object to females marrying from caste lower to them! :nono:)

When my doctor aunt met one of my classmates (pretty looking Kalyani), she told me, 'Pretty girl; safely married!!' ;)

Wow! I have to share an interesting part form a web-page: :ranger:

I was a sort of shocked while reading this portion but I could give a sigh of relief after reading the last two lines!! ;)

''When a Brahmana falls in love with a sudra girl then the Brahman should first marry a Brahmana Girl

followed by marrying a Kshatriya Girl then a Vaisya girl after these three marriages only is the Brahman

eligible for marrying a sudra girl of his choice. Therefore it is said that a brahmana may take four wives.

In the case of a Kshatriya falling in love with a sudra girl then he is to first marry a kshatrya girl

followed by a vaisya girl, to marry a sudra girl. Therefore it is said that a kshatriya may have three wives.

In the case of a Vaisya the same rule applies that a vaisya if in love with a sudra girl needs to first

marry a vaisya girl, to marry a sudra girl. Therefore it is said that a vaisya may have two wives.

The sudra has no option; he should marry only a sudra girl.

(Shastras say in Kali yuga, everybody is a sudra in general and therefore only one marriage.

One is a Brahmana kshatriya vaisya or sudra is not by birth but by qualities.)

Source:
Types of Marriages - ISKCON Desire Tree

Last edited:
Mirror mirror on the wall,
the mixed breed is hottest of all,
Makes everyone else fall,
Sattva,Rajas,Tamas..what a ball!

Mirror mirror on the wall
Allele allele makes it all
Mixed breed is hotest, yes
And makes me fall
Allele Allele Allele all
Satva, Rajas, Tamas are above
Allele Allele Allele
Allele Allele are physical
Satva et al are values.
Allele is just allele
While value transcends allele.

The dravidian movement lead to alienation of brahmins from the rest.They preferred to lie low instead of confronting in TN and slowly moved to other metros in india and later

abroad to US and europe and down under to australia and newzealand. They still tried maintaining their identity and practised their rituals.When it came to marriage of their

children, they preferred their own caste.But youngsters born and brought up abroad, in addition to better education got mixed up with the local white communities -many

being mexicans also.When these children have to get married , they face the same dilemma-Marry a local or look for someone from their own community.Many prefer the

former

Mirror mirror on the wall
Allele allele makes it all
Mixed breed is hotest, yes
And makes me fall
Allele Allele Allele all
Satva, Rajas, Tamas are above
Allele Allele Allele
Allele Allele are physical
Satva et al are values.
Allele is just allele
While value transcends allele.

Mirror Mirror on the wall,
Allele alone is not the story in all
Mitochondrial DNA also walks tall
The image I see...O' what a doll!

There is nothing called half-Brahmin unless you are getting into the forum gene theory. Are we also going to account for quarter Brahmin, 1/8 Brahmin etc. Does the father's side count more than mother's side?

There is nothing called half-Brahmin unless you are getting into the forum gene theory. Are we also going to account for quarter Brahmin, 1/8 Brahmin etc. Does the father's side count more than mother's side?
Dear Biswa Sir, I have noticed that ALL the tambrahm females who opted to go for I C / IR marriages boldly, want

their daughters and sons to get matches from tambrahms. Only when nothing clicks, then they opt for others. It is true.

Someone gets upset when I write that N B guys 'trap' brahmin girls. :lol:
But it IS true. My neighbour lady is one example of
N B parent, who wished to get a girl from my family circle! :fish2:

Dear Biswa Sir, I have noticed that ALL the tambrahm females who opted to go for I C / IR marriages boldly, want

their daughters and sons to get matches from tambrahms. Only when nothing clicks, then they opt for others. It is true.
Most NB fathers prefer a match from their own community.But if the mother is brahmin, she of course would like to get a a brahmin girl for son. A silent war goes on and NB father gets his way.He

probably realises that his son should not suffer at the hands of a brahmin girl as he did

But if father is brahmin, he tries his best to get a brahmin girl for his son.Of course he fails mostly because of a kind of rejection from blue blooded pure brahmin parents.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back