Tamil Brahmins
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    If you ask a strictly traditional person, he may say that women are banned from performing Lalitha sahasranamam laksharchana.

Who is this "strictly traditional person"? I will show you a misogynist, sexist, male chauvinist, and ignorant.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by biswa View Post
    Are there separate gods for men and women? Never knew ...
    Yes..there are.
    Lord Shiva is one heck of a good looking phenomenon... I love to sing Shiva Bhajans cos it has a different beat that sways your mind and body.

Vishnu is a bit too Sattva ..too calm and does not have that Macho feel unlike Lord Shiva who takes my heart away.

A God should have the " Here I am..Rock you like a Hurricane" feel...Shiva has it all.
    Last edited by renuka; 07-10-2017 at 09:40 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Some of the things which they told earlier had been misunderstood by our younger generation. Even when males are not clean like not taking bath, they will not be allowed to enter temples previously. Usually males are not allowed to have upper garments in kerala temples.Therefore this is not only a question of faith but it depends on the local customs , which sometimes seems to be scientific and sometimes seems to be unscientific. Only during polluted days or when unclean only, these rules apply. I hope I have made things clear.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I think the concept of cleaning oneself before visiting a temple is well taken. But sometimes the temples themselves are not clean and one can see garbage in various corners. That should have been addressed, right?
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    we are allowing ladies. see here the website--

Dear Members

Namaskaram. We are pleased to bring you another golden opportunity this year, to be sitting in front of Sri Maha Periva (Life size Vigraham, full of life) and to chant Sri Lalita Sahasra Nama Stotram - in the divine surroundings of Sri Kapaleeswarar Sameda Sri Karpagambal Sannidhi, Mylapore.

On the occasion of Sri Maha Periva Aradhana coming up on Thursday December 14, 2017 we are performing this Eka-Dina-Ashtottara-Shata-Parayanam of Sri Lalita Sahasra Nama Stotram (practically equivalent of Lalita Laksharchana) - for which we will be selecting 108 volunteers who will be blessed with this opportunity to specifically perform Sankalpam, do the chanting and finally receive the special prasadam package that will be available for them.

If you are interested to avail this blessed opportunity, please fill up and submit this form ONLY if you meet the conditions given there (no restrictions of caste, creed, gender etc apply - free for every devotee to participate subject to the conditions). Hurry up, registrations close by 31 October 2017.

Register here: goo.gl/forms/V14XXRYwqj886KmH3

We will post more details of the program shortly.

Periva Saranam

Read more: http://periva.proboards.com/thread/1...#ixzz4wJAZQElo
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12