• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does God Feel Pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

Does God feel pain and suffering of a human or He does not?

Or is He like the brain..that is the brain itself cant feel pain even though it has pain receptors to feel pain everwhere except from its own cerebral cells.

If everything is Brahman...shouldnt Brahman too feel pain and suffering of another?

In cases of tragic painful deaths..the victim suffers immense pain...does God feel this pain too?

If He is supposed to be the Progenitor..shouldnt He feel the pain too?

Or He echoes the Atma never dies so what does He care for the suffering of the body of another.

It would surely be better if God felt every pain and death of every being in this world...only then it would be fair to entire creation.

Last edited:
This is a short response before my flight to usa.

Brahmhan is subtle. Just as space is subtle. So it permeates through everything, yet it does not get emotionally attached with anything.

hi

[h=2]Does God Feel Pain?[/h]
if he reincarnates as human form....he feels pain..NIRGUNA GOD DOES NOT HAVE PAIN....SAGUNA GOD FEELS PAIN..

Does God feel pain and suffering of a human or He does not?

Or is He like the brain..that is the brain itself cant feel pain even though it has pain receptors to feel pain everwhere except from its own cerebral cells.

If everything is Brahman...shouldnt Brahman too feel pain and suffering of another?

In cases of tragic painful deaths..the victim suffers immense pain...does God feel this pain too?

If He is supposed to be the Progenitor..shouldnt He feel the pain too?

Or He echoes the Atma never dies so what does He care for the suffering of the body of another.

It would surely be better if God felt every pain and death of every being in this world...only then it would be fair to entire creation.
Yes ofcourse. If you feel pain seeing someone else's sufferings He feels through you. If someone console's you in case you're in pain he expresses his concern through that person. It is He who prompted you to open this topic at this juncture as He is in pain on certain happening which He witnessed through you. God expresses or exhibits his presence through good acts happening around us. We only need to realise and understand his presence.

Situation song as RRji says.

[video=youtube;7Gx1Pv02w3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1Pv02w3Q[/video]

Yes ofcourse. If you feel pain seeing someone else's sufferings He feels through you. If someone console's you in case you're in pain he expresses his concern through that person. It is He who prompted you to open this topic at this juncture as He is in pain on certain happening which He witnessed through you. God expresses or exhibits his presence through good acts happening around us. We only need to realise and understand his presence.

That means God must be Insane..if He experiences all pain and pleasure thru the experiences of every living beings...that would translate as heaven and hell for God.

So He has to be in an extreme case of Bipolar with highs and lows that swing from one state to another.

Now I know why God needs constant prayer and praise..cos He totally needs help..
He needs prayers to calm Him down cos He keeps experiencing every emotion of each human.

So is our Karma His karma too.

It surely has to be..If He is in us..He surely experiences each and everyones Karma.

If He is called Karuna Sagara..that shows He does experience the sufferings of creation..without experiencing suffering of others we can never feel compassion.

So God must be in a very bad state of mind.

No wonder He creates Yugas cyclically..to have some Sathya Yuga just to regain His composure.
Before plunging into Kaliyuga eventually.

Anyway none of our Avatars knew peace.

Parashurama was almost a serial killer...revenge for his fathers death.

Rama..Krishna..etc all were slaying someone or the other.

Vamana too was unfairly crushing Balis head.

Only Buddha did not kill anyone.
I guess going by this..its evident Buddha might not be an Avatar cos He was the only one who did not resort to violence.

Goddesses too are slaying someone or the other.

Yet we acclaim we are peaceful?

Strange.

Dear Renu,

There are very many stories written by humans about God and Goddesses. The BASIC idea of all those stories

is to 'create' a fear in humans that they will be punished by the almighty, IF and WHEN they do adharmA.

But, you should know that the existence of God (because in the caption you dragged only Him and not Her)

is only a belief. That is why theists say God helped them to achieve something whereas atheists will declare

that they themselves achieved.

The bhakthAs will believe that God felt pain on seeing their suffering and came to help them, in the time of need.

Some bhakthAs also turn as atheists, when God lets them down to suffer, even after praying Him.

BTW, prayer to Gods are because there is a saying: kuzhandhaiyum Deivamum koNdAdum idaththilE. :hail:

Last edited:
Ha ha. "God's must be crazy"!!
He surely experience the pain and happiness of every living beings as he himself is the creator. Just like we feel sad on our children's pain and feel happy or proud on their happiness or achievements He the creator feels happy or sad with states of his creations..

Dear Renuka,

Pain is because of maya and as As Nirguna and Saguna brahman He is not affected by maya and so does not feel pain. But since everyone and everything is God and at such level maya exerts influence, there is pain at lower level of existence which is the pain of God.

Dear Renuka,

Pain is because of maya and as As Nirguna and Saguna brahman He is not affected by maya and so does not feel pain. But since everyone and everything is God and at such level maya exerts influence, there is pain at lower level of existence which is the pain of God.

Dear Sravna..

Pain is becos of our Central Nervous System...as long as its intact we feel pain.

How did God get the name Karuna Sagara if He does not feel anything.

That way arent we humans better than God?
That is at least we have emotions..ability to feel for suffering of others and to care and love anyone.

If God is just an anesthetized entity why the need to glorify Him?

Some recent incident where many lives were painfully lost totally changed my perception of the ability of God to feel pain and suffering.

I am not blaming God for it but.....

I just want to know if my heart could feel the suffering for another..I surely want to know if God felt it too.

Religious texts say the Wise never lament the dead..the Atman does not die etc...yes i know this but what about the pain experienced by the body in the process of dying?

Why no text talks about that?

Becos I guess all Gurujis/Rishis want to be philosophical and not come down to ground level to feel the suffering and pain of a painful death.

Renukaji,

There were two birds on the branch of a tree.......................

They had a nest..mated..produced chicks and now their chicks had intercaste mating.
And all other elder birds from the community are blaming these 2 birds for practicing migration from time to time and got exposed to "western" culture.

Both birds are very depressed now.
The father bird spends his time doing Japa reciting.
dva suparna sayuja sakhaya samanam vriksham parishasvajate |
tayoranyah pippalam svadvattyanashnannanyo abhicakashiti || 1|| (3.1.1 Mundakopanishad).

Getting back to the original Post.

[FONT=q_serif]For Swami Vivekananda, Brahman as Infinite Existence, Infinite Knowledge and Infinite Bliss, sat-cit-ananda, is the ultimate reality and the only reality. These are the only attributes that can be ascribed to Brahman, and they are one. It is without a name, without a form or stain, being beyond space, time and causation. It is one without a second. It is all in all. None else exists. "There is neither nature, nor God, nor the universe, only that One Infinite Existence, out of which, through name and form all these are manufactures". Swami Vivekananda maintains that the Advaita clearly postulates one reality only, that is, Brahman; everything else is "unreal", manifested and manufactured out of Brahman by the power of Maya.
[/FONT]

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-meaning-of-Brahman-in-Hinduism

They had a nest..mated..produced chicks and now their chicks had intercaste mating.
And all other elder birds from the community are blaming these 2 birds for practicing migration from time to time and got exposed to "western" culture.

tayoranyah pippalam svadvattyanashnannanyo abhicakashiti || 1|| (3.1.1 Mundakopanishad)

hi
very famous quote in advaita vedanta...

Dear Renu,

I don't know how you define God. I strongly believe that there is a Power (Almighty), which controls the

universe. On several occasions, I have felt Almighty's existence. This power will NOT feel any pain. It can

only make us, humans, like characters of a drama! Hence this song:
NaadagamE Indha Ulagam :drama:

Dear Renu,

I don't know how you define God. I strongly believe that there is a Power (Almighty), which controls the

universe. On several occasions, I have felt Almighty's existence. This power will NOT feel any pain. It can

only make us, humans, like characters of a drama! Hence this song:
NaadagamE Indha Ulagam :drama:

Dear RRji...If God or Universal.Consciousness cant feel pain..I guess He is just not worth it.

A human with empathy would be much better than God.

Dear Renu,

Probably some elderly person in your circle is suffering pain and hence you have started this thread!

The Almighty is NOT asking for any favour from humans! Those who believe in their own God / Goddess,

pamper Him / Her with poojAs and neivEdhyams. They give the credit to Him / Her, for all their awards

and rewards, of course received because of their proficiency in a field. You may remember what A R Rahman

said at the end of his speech, when he received the most coveted Oscar Award.

Some theists even 'scold' the Almighty for NOT helping them, when they suffer.

And....... Pray are don't pray God. It is ONLY your wish. :cool:

Dear Renuka,

Think in this way. God is constantly creating ways and means both subtle and discernible to help in our enlightenment and ultimate bliss. A particular soul undergoes pain and suffering for a kalpa, for the good purpose of being tempered and becoming one with God. Then it is timeless, enjoying complete bliss equivalent to countless kalpas. Do not the pain and sufferings pay back so invaluably? That is the act of God.

tayoranyah pippalam svadvattyanashnannanyo abhicakashiti || 1|| (3.1.1 Mundakopanishad).
How easy it is to trivialize philosophy and higher truths...........

How easy it is to trivialize philosophy and higher truths...........

Its simplification.
Easier understood.

Two little birds..Sitting on a tree,
One eats fruits but the other just sees,
One knows all but the other doesnt know,
There's only One though two are in a row.

Pain can be understood in two ways: The sensation we experience when certain parts of our nervous system are stimulated and the physiological sensation of pain is produced–as when a person accidentally slams his hand in a door. We may call this physical pain.
This kind of pain is possible only for being that beings with nervous systems. Since the divine essence does not include a nervous system, this kind of pain is impossible for God apart from the acquisition of a second nature, as in the Incarnation. Thus only God the Son can experience physical pain, and then not in his divine nature.

http://jimmyakin.com/2007/03/does_god_feel_p.html

I do not believe in Abrahamic God. So this is only a rhetorical concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back