Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Peace Let us be tension-free!

0 Not allowed!
    Tension!! This is the most frequently used word in each and every family - even by kids!

Let us analyze how to be tension-free.

Maintaining our sweet home is the basic step to this. There should be a place for each thing and each thing should be in its place.

Cool, right?

A few examples:

1. When the front door is opened using the key, the key should come back to its hook. Never ever keep in it in any other place

(especially using the left hand - my maid says it will be surely
    forgotten!! )

2. News paper should be folded and kept in its rack, of course after going through it! The papers will be date-wise. If some special

news appears, 'mark' it in the front page in BOLD letters. It will
    help a search much easier. This was my dad's habit, which we all

follow till date.

3. Dried cloths should be folded and kept in almirahs - different garments should have assigned places.

4. After cutting vegetables / fruits, the peels should go directly to the garbage can and never left on the table - to be cleaned later!

5. Dusting furniture and windows - daily; vacuum cleaning / removing cobwebs on the walls - once a week.

6. Cleaning bathrooms and wash basins - daily; 'Harpic' cleaning twice a week.

The list will go on and on. So, Friends, please share your views here.
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Good suggestions R R ji. Initially form the title, I thought you are suggesting something to keep tension free atmosphere in the forum! Good effort. keep going..
    नाभुक्तं क्षीयते कर्म कल्प कोटि शतैरपि।
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    Tension!! This is the most frequently used word in each and every family - even by kids!

Maintaining our sweet home is the basic step to this. There should be a place for each thing and each thing should be in its place.

Cool, right?

A few examples:

1. When the front door is opened using the key, the key should come back to its hook. Never ever keep in it in any other place

(especially using the left hand - my maid says it will be surely
    forgotten!! )

2. News paper should be folded and kept in its rack, of course after going through it! The papers will be date-wise. If some special

news appears, 'mark' it in the front page in BOLD letters. It will
    help a search much easier. This was my dad's habit, which we all

follow till date.

3. Dried cloths should be folded and kept in almirahs - different garments should have assigned places.

4. After cutting vegetables / fruits, the peels should go directly to the garbage can and never left on the table - to be cleaned later!

5. Dusting furniture and windows - daily; vacuum cleaning / removing cobwebs on the walls - once a week.

6. Cleaning bathrooms and wash basins - daily; 'Harpic' cleaning twice a week.

The list will go on and on. So, Friends, please share your views here.
    I totally hate folding clothes.
    I use coat hangers for all type of clothes...much easier.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

My contribution:

There is no way for mind to be tension-free. Once the mind is free of worries or concerns, it starts to plot new areas of garnering tension
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GANESH65 View Post
    Good suggestions R R ji. Initially form the title, I thought you are suggesting something to keep tension free atmosphere in the forum! Good effort. keep going..
    hi

i thought the same....
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I totally hate folding clothes.
    I use coat hangers for all type of clothes...much easier.
    Dear Renu,

A few of my friends have engaged a maid to fold their cloths. OMG! I was almost shocked!

We usually have godrej almirahs / wardrobes to store dresses. So, I never feel lazy to fold cloths.

Ram hangs all his shirts and pants in his wardrobe. I fold all other dresses and keep in the appointed places.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Ganesh Sir and TBS Sir,

I gave a sort of naughty title, indeed. Tension free life starts from sweet home. If everything is in place, we don't have
    to waste our precious time, searching for things!

Once, we went for a betrothal ceremony in our relative's house. The illaththarasan mAmA came to me and requested me
    to bring two A 4 size sheets! I was taken aback; told him politely, 'Sorry, I can't because this is NOT my house!'
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Ganesh Sir and TBS Sir,

I gave a sort of naughty title, indeed. Tension free life starts from sweet home. If everything is in place, we don't have
    to waste our precious time, searching for things!
    I think, no one can beat me here! In my marriage, my wife's parents just forgot to bring the Thali!! They started searching for it after the vritham was started and immediately remembered that it is safely kept infront of the Kuladaivam's Photo in their house which is more than an hours distance from the Mandapam and the keys were with the people in the Mandapam. Their neighbours were asked to breake in in to the house to get it from there to bring it to the mandapam in time.
    Last edited by GANESH65; 14-09-2017 at 01:10 PM.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Ganesh Sir! I can't stop laughing!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Ganesh Sir! I can't stop laughing!
    We also laugh now. I used to tease my wife " அன்னிக்கு அது கிடைக்காம இருந்திருந்தா நன் தப்பிச்சு இருப்பேன் " But now a days if we attend any marriage of close relatives we sincerely used to ensure that this mistake is not repeated there.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast