• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘We only kill black people, right’: racist comment by US policeman caught on camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jai Shankar

[h=1]Racial differences…[/h]
[h=1]‘We only kill black people, right’: racist comment by US policeman caught on camera[/h][h=2]The police officer has resigned after the dash-cam footage came to light.[/h]A police officer in the US state of Georgia has resigned from his position after footage showing him making a racist comment came to light when WSB-TV in Atlanta aired it on television. In the dash-cam footage (above) from July 2016, Cobb County police Lt Greg Abbott can be seen standing by a car parked on a road.

A white woman can be heard telling the officer that she was scared to put her hands down when he instructed her to make a call on her mobile phone. She said: “I’m really sorry, I’m just...I’ve just seen way too many videos of cops...” Presumably attempting to reassure her, the officer said: “But you’re not black. Remember, we only kill black people. All the videos you’ve seen, have you seen white people get killed?”

The woman (whose voice is audible in the video) was arrested for being under the influence of alcohol. Cobb County Police launched an investigation after the video was aired, and the officer was asked to resign. Cobb County police Chief Mike Register said in a statement: “No matter what context it was said, it shouldn’t have been said.” Confirming that Abbott would be fired, he added: “I don’t know what is in his heart, but I know what came out of his mouth. We recommend that he be terminated and we are moving forward on that.”

Read more at: https://video.scroll.in/849343/we-o...cist-comment-by-us-policeman-caught-on-camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back