• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

An attempt to decode the mystery of Gothra of Ancient India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pranams to All,

I Humbly place before you

"Gothra" Ancient India had a wonderful system of inclusiveness & harnessing a society based on the Skills & Knowledge, The Path of Dhrama sutra which is "Dharma" meaning Righteousness & "Sutra" meaning Thread was with which, the entire fabric of Ancient Indian Society was woven Together. A society that held the " Vedas" meaning Knowledge as "Supreme " Central authority .The " Guru" " Shishya " bonding and a glimpse of how early education was imparted in India .With Proof I have also given how British Distorted our History

I have made an attempt to speak on all the above ,Kindly do see ( It is a little Lengthy But pls bear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsUGJUrfb0o&t=356s

Dear Mr Prasad,

I do understand it will be boring to discuss the same subjects, As Mrs Raji Ram pointed out it is a new attempt
Also I would like to add Our Rich heritage is something unique that every time you rewind it you will find a new perspective and a new meaning.

I am attempting to look at it as how our ancient civilisation started, & how " Gothra " was a skill set with which our evolution as a civilised society of Dharma : Righteousness started , It makes me sad that " Dharma Sutras" are totally ignored, basics are not even taught in our Text Books,Customary Rituals are of more importance than the essence of the teachings of our ancestors.

Sir Henry Sumner speeches in Oxford University are proof enough of How we were superior in education & especially " Apatambasutra" teaching gave a clear glimpse about our society.

My attempt is to go to the roots as History & not only in Philosophy.

Thanks
PS: I am giving the link on Oxford speeches ( Text) by Henry Sumner Maine as proof on how the History was distorted

http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/maine-dissertations-on-early-law-and-custom/simple

Dear Mr Prasad,

I do understand that you may feel discussing the same subject again & again may be boring however as Mrs Raji Ram has pointed out this is indeed a new presentation on an old subject and secondly such is the beauty of our rich ancient culture trust me every time you revisit or re read any topic you would find that there is always a new perspective that will open
I am only trying to look at Gotra from a different point of view not in a philosophical angle but as an part of origin of our great civilisation. My intention is too understand the path of our ancestors in a better way.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back