• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

1 billion-1 billion-1 billion revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely a revolution in the making! How will it impact the common man??

DIPRKdNV4AECoeb.png

Source:Twitter

Lofty goal indeed.
Yes, Getting Adhar card to Billion is an achievement. (Was it started by BJP or Jaithely?).
Creating Billion Bank account is a dubious credit, I still see cash transaction, I have not seen cashless transactions in villages. I do not even see electricity in some of the villages.

PAPA says
Tell these LIES to the illiterates (and to party loyalists).
But the educated and civilized society have seen through the smoke and mirrors, cannot deceive them anymore.

Anonymous | 2 hours ago

Just Imagine the outrage if these were the headlines in past three years:

1).Congress imprisons JNU students on sedition charges, protests against govt ongoing.
2).Congress minister blocks all RTI requesting his college degree
3).Congress imposes swatch bharat abhiyan cess at 0.5%
4).Congress imposes krishi kalyan cess, now total tax is 14%
5).Congress brings FDI in defense, India will become more dependent on foreign investors for defence equipments.
6).Congress brings FDI in most sectors, local industries might be affected
7).Congress leadership fails to control ceasefire violation on pak border, many soldiers have died in multiple attacks.
8 ).Congress demonetised 85% currency notes in circulation, small businesses, farmers devastated.
9).Congress brings GST, most things to be taxed at 18%.
10).Under congress rule, thousands of IT professionals losing jobs, unemployment rate growing fast
11).several derailment accident under congress railway ministry, government reluctant to remove the minister in charge.
12). Congress govt fails to control riots after HC verdict against Rape accused Baba Ram Rahim, HC reprimanded the govt officials. IT CeLL

Anonymous |

Double Speak and double standard of BJP. While in opposition, they opposed Aadhaar and GST both. Now justifying the same and taking credit of work done by MMS led UPA Govt.
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/jan-...olution-finance-minister-arun-jaitley-1742547

Last edited:
Lofty goal indeed.
Yes, Getting Adhar card to Billion is an achievement. (Was it started by BJP or Jaithely?).
Creating Billion Bank account is a dubious credit, I still see cash transaction, I have not seen cashless transactions in villages. I do not even see electricity in some of the villages.

PAPA also reminds us not to forget the following SCAMS that took place during the Congress lead UPA I, UPA II regime:

7 Major Scams During UPA I, UPA II Govt

7 Major Scams During UPA I, UPA II Govt[/caption] The Congress-led UPA government which completed two back-to-back tenures from 2004 to 2014, made Manmohan Singh the second politician after Jawaharlal Nehru to be elected for a second successive term, however the UPA I and UPA II terms earned more infamy then fame due to multiple scams. But the past leaves no one behind, and the Congress-led UPA government faced a historic defeat in the 16th Lok Sabha election. Major scams under UPA I and UPA II are:

2G Spectrum Scam (2008)
Considered to be one of the biggest scams in India, the 2G Spectrum Scam involved Telecom Minister A Raja who was charged with issuing 2G licences to private telecom players and even to companies without any telecom experience at very cheap rates in 2008. The scam cost the government around Rs 1.76 lakh crores as Raja kept entry fee for the license at 2001 prices and issued licences to preferred companies and players.

Satyam Scam (2009)
The Satyam Computer Services Scam was considered to be one of the biggest scams in the corporate world involving Rs 14,000 crore, affecting Indian investors and shareholders were badly. Former Chairman Ramalinga Raju confessed to falsifying the company's accounts by US $1.47 billion after having kept everything undercover. Tech Mahindra later bought 46% share of Satyam, absorbing the company.

Commonwealth Games Scam (2010)
An exceptionally large scam happened with the Commonwealth Games India was hosting in 2010, with an estimated cost of Rs. 70,000 crore. Headed by Congress party representative, Suresh Kalmadi who was the Chairman of the Organising Committee of the Delhi Commonwealth Games, the scam also involved Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit and Robert Vadra. Money allocated to prepare and plan for the Commonwealth Games was misappropriated at a large scale, prices for required purchases were inflated and payments were made to non-existent parties.

Coal Scam (2012)
The government lost Rs 1.86 lakh crore in the Coal Scam which was also known as 'coalgate'. The report initiated by CAG stated that the government showed irregularities in allocating coal blocks to different companies and private parties over a 5 year period from 2004-2009. According to the report, the government did not carry out competitive bidding as was the norm for allocating the coal block natural resources, but sold the coal blocks to their preferred parties incurring a loss to the government.

Augusta Westland Scam (2012)
The Augusta Westland or Chopper Scam involved former Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi and Italy based helicopter manufacturer Augusta Westland, in addition to other politicians and senior officials. The manufacturing company gave a bribe to Indian officials in order to get the contract for supplying 12 helicopters worth US $610 million for VVIPs in India. According to Italian courts, Congress President Sonia Gandhi was also involved in the scam.

Tatra Truck Scam (2012)
Similar to the Augusta Westland scam, a bribe of Rs 14 crore was offered to officials to influence them to purchase 1,676 Tatra trucks from the manufacturer for the Army. A case was later registered against Vectra Chairman Ravi Rishi and former Army Chief Gen. V.K. Singh who were involved in the bribery. Adarsh Scam (2012) The Adarsh Scam involved allocation of flats in the posh Colaba locality of Mumbai. The 31-storied Adarsh Housing Society in Colaba was made for war widows and Ministry of Defence personnel on land belonging to the defence. After a period of time the allocation rules were modified due to the prime location and preferential allocation also came in. Initially unearthed in 2010, the scam forced the then Maharashtra CM Ashok Chavan to resign and also impacted other Maharashtra CMs Sushilkumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh No government is perfect and certainly scams can happen anywhere at any time, however frequency can certainly be an indicator of development of a nation.

Source: http://www.newsworldindia.in/india/7-major-scams-during-upa-i-upa-ii-govt/239119/

Last edited by a moderator:
UOTE=prasad1;392954]Lofty goal indeed.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/jan-...olution-finance-minister-arun-jaitley-1742547

PAPA also reminds us not to forget the following SCAMS that took place during the Congress lead UPA I, UPA II regime:
7 Major Scams During UPA I, UPA II Govt

I am not PAPA, I am not UPA or an UPA apologist.

Ponting fingers at others does not absolve you of your own misdeeds (or your party's)

I call it as I see it.

I am not an apologist for BJP.

BJP came with an absolute majority in the center, it also controlled most of the states.

Modiji came with a reputation as a great administrator.

So all these failures are self-inflicted and unneeded.

I want India to succeed.

Last edited:
So all these failures are self-inflicted and unneeded.

I want India to succeed.

While most welcome criticism that gives an opportunity to correct mistakes, one cannot also overlook the positive aspects:

I know few here who are very curious to discuss only news which are anti-Modi. While they have got every liberty to point out lapses, I have every right to express my opinion here about the positive sides too.

3 years of PM Narendra Modi: Here's how NDA government performed on economic front

Modi has been successful in ensuring political stability and providing decisive leadership with bold decisions, which were both acclaimed as well as bitterly criticised over the last three years.

modi-3-parl-reuters-mos_052617071235.jpg

On May 26, 2014, Narendra Modi took oath as the Prime Ministerof India after the BJP-led NDA secured a mammoth majority - unseen in the last30 years - in the parliamentary polls.

Narendra Modi swung the BJP'selectoral fortune in the general elections with the slogan of bringing AchcheDin, symbolising economic prosperity accompanied with enough number of jobs forthe teeming millions.

The Narendra Modi governmenthas completed more than half its tenure and the Prime Minister has beensuccessful in ensuring political stability and providing decisive leadership withbold decisions, which were both acclaimed as well as bitterly criticised overthe last three years.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...nment-third-anniversary-economy/1/963861.html

[h=1][FONT=&quot]While mostwelcome criticism that gives an opportunity for one to correct his/hermistakes, one cannot also overlook the positive aspects also:[/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot]I knowfew here who are very curious to discussnews which are Anti-Modi. While theyare free to point the lapses, I haveevery right to express my opinion here about the positive sides too.[/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot]3 years of PMNarendra Modi: Here's how NDA government performed on economic front[/FONT][/h][h=2] [/h][h=2]Modi has been successful in ensuring political stability andproviding decisive leadership with bold decisions, which were both acclaimed aswell as bitterly criticised over the last three years.[/h][FONT=&quot]On May 26, 2014, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Narendra Modi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] took oath as the PrimeMinister of India after the BJP-led NDA secured a mammoth majority - unseen inthe last 30 years - in the parliamentary polls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Narendra Modi swung the BJP'selectoral fortune in the general elections with the slogan of bringing AchcheDin, symbolising economic prosperity accompanied with enough number of jobs forthe teeming millions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Narendra Modi governmenthas completed more than half its tenure and the Prime Minister has beensuccessful in ensuring political stability and providing decisive leadershipwith bold decisions, which were both acclaimed as well as bitterly criticisedover the last three years. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read more at: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/narendra-modi-bharatiya-janata-party-nda-government-third-anniversary-economy/1/963861.html[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

While most welcome criticism that gives an opportunity to correct mistakes, one cannot also overlook the positive aspects:

I know few here who are very curious to discuss only news which are anti-Modi. While they have got every liberty to point out lapses, I have every right to express my opinion here about the positive sides too.

People can post what they want. But there is no need to disparage others.

People can post what they want. But there is no need to disparage others.

Keep cool Sir......

Can you explain me what is disparaging.....?

I am reading everyday threads which are against BJP Government and more particularly about Modi Ji

I can find that it is becoming one member's specialized area.

I know it is a public Forum..... I can only post counters..

If there is one death... a lynching type ... there will be hue and cry..

And if the death toll in USA increasing because of Hurricane Harvey in Houston... more struggling .... there is no discussion on that

Because discussing such issues may throw more light on 'What was the weather forecast.... what was the preventive measures taken, the preparedness exercise, more particularly shelters evacuation,etc

Who is worried about what is happening in one's own land...

But few are more interested only in gossiping others which is more intoxicating

I can only say that there is no need to get upset....

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back