• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage cancelled by bride family citing groom is doing Sandhya vandhanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most shocking! The girl should have been given to an atheist! Most silly reason ever!! I think there is much more to this!! There could be fear of skeletons in their cupboard!! Spoiling a marriage is atrocious!! Read the alst line!! Premarital counseling is the need of hour!! True!!
20953635_1382340335220372_6012774899325581518_n.jpg

Source: Facebook

May be she didnt want an orthodox guy.
Its an arranged marriage ..she has the right to call it off.

Its different if its Lovvu.

Too religious or too atheistic can be the same.

hi

living with AMBI may be hard for u....so other castes are waiting for brahmin gal.....EVEN AMBIS HAS TO UNDERSTAND MODERN

TREND...OTHERWISE..HE WILL BE NITYA BRAHMACHARI THROUGH OUT HIS LIFE...

Its sheer arrogance of the family of the girl cancelling the marriage on account of the brahmin boy doing his Nithyakarma. They could have checked all the requirements of the girl before negotiating with the groom's family and performing betrothal. If there is a written document taken at the time of betrothal, they can be sued legally for damages for breaking the marriage unilaterally.
Of late quite a few such cancellation of weddings happen after performing betrothal. In a family known to me wedding has to be cancelled for the reason that the girl did not find the job of the boy acceptable to her. That too after she had gone to US and met the boy personally before finalising the alliance. The boy's family had to face an awkward situation due to sudden cancellation of the wedding.
Now the boy has got married to a nice girl employed in US and leading a happy life there.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

All this sandhyavandhanam and such religeous practices have become outdated for the modern brahmin male. Only some uneducated girl might accept boys observing such practices.Brahmin

boys need to move on with changing times and get rid of outmoded practices.

Brahminical practices require a overhaul keeping the modern needs.

Our religious gurus can help formulate the changes so that brahmins continue to relate to their caste and have practices which are not subject of ridicule by public at large

All this sandhyavandhanam and such religeous practices have become outdated for the modern brahmin male. Only some uneducated girl might accept boys observing such practices.Brahmin

boys need to move on with changing times and get rid of outmoded practices.

Brahminical practices require a overhaul keeping the modern needs.

Our religious gurus can help formulate the changes so that brahmins continue to relate to their caste and have practices which are not subject of ridicule by public at large

It is my view, logic doesn't cover personal belief. A person's faith defies logic and science. No one has the right to interfere in such beliefs or actions unless it interferes them.
Many of the religious practices like Puja, and Nithyakarmas like Sandhyavandanam are for infusing self discipline. If some one is comfortable and derives happiness let them pursue the same.

After all as the old saying goes

आहार-निद्रा-भय-मैथुनं च समानमेतत्पशुभिर्नराणाम् । धर्मो हि तेषामधिको विशेषो धर्मेण हीनाः पशुभिः समानाः ॥

Food, sleep, fear and mating, these acts of humans are similar to animals' | Of them (humans), dharma (right conduct) is the only special...

Personally I do not follow any religious regimen, neither I have understood the meaning of them.
But I respect other's belief.
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Modern girls hate cooking; religious activities; respecting elders; living with parent in-laws and the list goes on and on..........

Husband's salary is her family (she, her siblings and parents) money and her salary is her OWN money! :cool:

We already read a post by Vaagmi Sir in another thread; though it appeared like a weird imagination, it will soon be TRUE!

An orthodox boy in my extended family, in the very high income group, could NOT get an educated brahmin girl as his partner,

since he was doing all the nithya karmAs and sported a kudumi!! At last, he was lucky to get a girl, PhD in Sanskrit, whom their

family AchAryA chose for him! That girl refused to go out of India and hence the boy who was living in the U S of A has settled in

Sing. Chennai, now!

Modern girls hate cooking; religious activities; respecting elders; living with parent in-laws and the list goes on and on..........

Husband's salary is her family (she, her siblings and parents) money and her salary is her OWN money! :cool:

We already read a post by Vaagmi Sir in another thread; though it appeared like a weird imagination, it will soon be TRUE!

An orthodox boy in my extended family, in the very high income group, could NOT get an educated brahmin girl as his partner,

since he was doing all the nithya karmAs and sported a kudumi!! At last, he was lucky to get a girl, PhD in Sanskrit, whom their

family AchAryA chose for him! That girl refused to go out of India and hence the boy who was living in the U S of A has settled in

Sing. Chennai, now!
Weirdos will also find matches.

Girls for such matches will be not the normal kind.

They have also the right to marry and lead a good life.God bless them

Agreed 100% :thumb:
Ultimately it comes down to what gives maximum happiness to anyone and everyone following it. As long as it does not hurt and cause inconvenience to the persons they

marry it is fine.If it becomes a daily nuisance to the mate as it causes disturbance and is noisy ,then it is a lifetime misery.Some pray loudly home to their favourite Gods

and Goddesses disturbing the neighbourhood at odd hours of the day.What do we do with them?

It is my view, logic doesn't cover personal belief. A person's faith defies logic and science. No one has the right to interfere in such beliefs or actions unless it interferes them.
Many of the religious practices like Puja, and Nithyakarmas like Sandhyavandanam are for infusing self discipline. If some one is comfortable and derives happiness let them pursue the same.

After all as the old saying goes

आहार-निद्रा-भय-मैथुनं च समानमेतत्पशुभिर्नराणाम् । धर्मो हि तेषामधिको विशेषो धर्मेण हीनाः पशुभिः समानाः ॥

Food, sleep, fear and mating, these acts of humans are similar to animals' | Of them (humans), dharma (right conduct) is the only special...

Personally I do not follow any religious regimen, neither I have understood the meaning of them.
But I respect other's belief.
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

My up vote to this posting.

Most shocking! The girl should have been given to an atheist! Most silly reason ever!! I think there is much more to this!! There could be fear of skeletons in their cupboard!! Spoiling a marriage is atrocious!! Read the alst line!! Premarital counseling is the need of hour!! True!!

Source: Facebook
This is one of the lamest excuses.

We only hear one side of the story and it is usually biased to the benefit of the writer.
There might have been more than this reason.

Dear Prasad Sir,

My friend told me this episode in which her son is the hero!

Girl agreed to marry the boy, after a talking to him a few times; engagement was over; both went out for shopping;

Girl asked him to buy a Coca cola to drink; boy could got ONLY Fanta from that shop; girl cancelled the wedding!!

Reason given: This guy is unable to fulfill even my simplest wish! Howzat, Sir Ji??

Dear Prasad Sir,

Girl agreed to marry the boy, after a talking to him a few times; engagement was over; both went out for shopping;

Girl asked him to buy a Coca cola to drink; boy could got ONLY Fanta from that shop; girl cancelled the wedding!!

Reason given: This guy is unable to fulfill even my simplest wish! Howzat, Sir Ji??

The girl is not worth it so good riddance.
The boy was not resourceful enough to sell that idea or to take her to a different shop where he could get Coke.

Dear Prasad Sir,

Madam,
The boy should feel good riddance.
What a reason to reject a marriage !
The boy is lucky that the wedding stopped before he got entangled with an immature and stupid person for life.
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

.Some pray loudly home to their favourite Gods

and Goddesses disturbing the neighbourhood at odd hours of the day.What do we do with them?

I think in this case, the boy should definitely thank his lucky stars...

Last month, it was Aadi and on every Friday, there were songs plays using Funnel type Sound Amplifiers (which was banned) ( with more than the permitted limit of decibels) in nook and corner covering the entire area our place from dawn to dusk of course with a break.

And now today it is Ganesh Chaturthi we experience the same..

And day after tomorrow, it is going to be Sunday, all Churches in our area will be busy playing....

What do we do with them...??

It is attitude that matters....

Dear Prasad Sir,

How do we know that this is the full story? Is there any knowledge of the girl's real complaints or point of view?

How do we know that this is the full story? Is there any knowledge of the girl's real complaints or point of view?

You are right Sir,

Some of the stories are shared only in piece-meal...;)

And some may find pleasure in passing judgement on such ...!!:confused:

Statistics and experience show that old-time arranged marriages conducted when the couple were in their teens lasted far longer than modern-day physical-need-driven LUVVOOOO "I'm your love-slave, you're my love-slave, ours are love-children" arrangements, sorry mutual "RELATIONSHIPS". 50th and 60th wedding anniversaries were common. Fidelity, piety, chastity, virginity, were among prized qualities.

Who will give an "upvote" for stability in today's marriages? Not physical "relationships" of convenience?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Btw it seems highly illogical for just one incident of Sandhyavandanam for a girl to call of her marriage.
Cos she too has to face backlash from friends and relatives as as usual everyone loves to blame a woman..

See..none of us know her yet we have already started calling her names.

I feel there is more to this story than just Sandhyavandanam.

This guy must have ignored her many times citing prayers..sandhya etc..acting as if she only comes second to him and she could have feared he will not pay her the required attention she needed.

So she called it off.

No girl wants to tarnish her own name for calling off her marriage cos that would ruin her future prospects that too if coming from an orthodox family.

Even Princess Diana went tru the wedding even though she found out the last moment that the cuff links worn by Charles for the wedding was given by Camilia...she had to marry him cos invitations were already given out to the whole world.

Finally what happened? She never found love but at least died with the man who loved her.

So in this case..this TB girl would have valid reasons not to go tru with this marriage.

We are only hearing one side of the story..innocent until proven guilty.

Best is we refrain from calling her names..she is human too.

Statistics and experience show that old-time arranged marriages conducted when the couple were in their teens lasted far longer than modern-day physical-need-driven LUVVOOOO "I'm your love-slave, you're my love-slave, ours are love-children" arrangements, sorry mutual "RELATIONSHIPS". 50th and 60th wedding anniversaries were common. Fidelity, piety, chastity, virginity, were among prized qualities.

Who will give an "upvote" for stability in today's marriages? Not physical "relationships" of convenience?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Sri Iyer,

True words. When the natural instincts of age works it is difficult to identify "love" from "infatuation". It is the law of nature. This results in selecting a partner while the man and woman are left alone during the period of maturity. On the other hand if they are assured of their partner when they were young by their parents the arranged marriages last long by constant adjustments and family support.

This has been understood very well by our ancient society. Suppressing natural instinct of reproduction is difficult. The prince Devavratha is called Bhishma, meaning "fierce", when he took a fierce vow of life long celibacy.
Regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Irrespective of what is the cause of calling off the marriage of this particular case, the fact is, this is a lot more due to girls these days. More than boys they are moving towards the western culture and material aspects. I do not find this surprising because as females they prefer something that is protecting and this makes them lean much more strongly with the times.

I recently came across a bizarre case...The Iyer girl based in US wants to do her wedding to a US White on a Saturday..Reason her friends can come for the marriage..Her parents have refused to go for the Marriage if done on a Saturday...The girl (Incidentally she is the only child to her parents) is saying nothing doing!! Parents are distraught on hearing this!!

I recently came across a bizarre case...The Iyer girl based in US wants to do her wedding to a US White on a Saturday..Reason her friends can come for the marriage..Her parents have refused to go for the Marriage if done on a Saturday...The girl (Incidentally she is the only child to her parents) is saying nothing doing!! Parents are distraught on hearing this!!
:lol: If she marries on a Wednesday (pon kidachchAlum bhudhan kidaikkAdhu!!), will the parents be happy with the White mAppillAi??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back