• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

3rd Month prayer date for deceased

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the caste, sub-caste and gothram particulars of the deceased? Male or female? Vadama or Vaishnava? Know the Veda-shaaka of deceased? What is your family tradition regarding maasikams? What did the "wrong" Brahmin say? Did he explain why?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Good afternoon Sir ... I am not familiar with the traditions or terminology mentioned ... I am from South Africa... my uncle passed away on the 10 July 2017 at 10:30pm ... the Brahmin who opened book said the prayer must be done between the 21 & 25 of September ... however family members are saying this date is wrong and the prayers should be done on the 6th of September ... I hardly doubt our priest can be wrong because he did open the book to check

Good afternoon Sir ... I am not familiar with the traditions or terminology mentioned ... I am from South Africa... my uncle passed away on the 10 July 2017 at 10:30pm ... the Brahmin who opened book said the prayer must be done between the 21 & 25 of September ... however family members are saying this date is wrong and the prayers should be done on the 6th of September ... I hardly doubt our priest can be wrong because he did open the book to check

Your answers are not helpful. Different castes and sub-castes have different applicable rules.

All I can say with confidence is that the shraaddha thithi is Mithuna-maasa Krishna-paksha prathama. The first three maasikams are on 8.8.17, 7.9.17 and 6.10.17. The dates 21 to 25 September 2017 have no relevance, even for oonam, shoda-kumbham or maasikam.

Can you say what the "3rd month prayer" consists of? To which deity or deities? To the ancestors? Any water-offerings? Any fire-sacrifice? Any feeding of crows or cows? Any feeding of Brahmins? If so, how many?

Since you use the name Joslyn are you or either of your parents Christian? Or follow tribal practices?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back