• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ran out of food, how about some insects?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GANESH65

Insect burgers to be sold in Switzerland market

GENEVA: Switzerland’s first insect-based food aimed at humans will go on sale next week following a revision of the country’s food safety laws, a supermarket chain said on Monday.
AP
Insects are already used in animal feed.
Switzerland’s second-largest supermarket chain, Coop, announced it would begin selling an insect burger, and insect balls, based on proteinrich mealworm. The products, made by a Swiss start-up called Essento, will be available in a handful of Coop branches, including in Geneva, Bern and Zurich, as of August 21, according to a statement.
Switzerland is the first European country to authorise the sale of insect-based food items for human consumption, a spokeswoman for the country’s food safety authority told AFP.
Swiss food safety laws were changed last May to allow for the sale of food items containing three types of insects: crickets, grasshoppers and mealworms, which are the larval form of the mealworm beetle. These insects, long used in animal feed, must be bred under strict supervision for four generations before they are considered appropriate for human consumption, according to Swiss law.
Local production will thus take a few months to get started.

16 Aug 2017DelhiAgence France­Presse [email protected]

Sorry, most of us are Vegetarians.:mad2:

Just kidding. Good post but may not be any use to me.

Last night, I saw a movie in which a guy took a black roasted (??) scorpion, raised it high,

slowly dropped it into his wide open mouth and chewed it!! OMG! It was nauseating! :dizzy:

Movie: Tom Yum Goong

hi

like this weird food...one american show....he eats all kinds street food in hong kong /tailand etc...

Culture is refinement. Food also includes in this. Human race has changed and refined their food habits constantly from being Cannibals to present day Vegans.
In between so much change has happened all over the world. Food habits change according to the availability and cultural/ religious restrictions. Consuming crawling insects still continue among people belong to certain races like Chinese.
Except fruits and leaves, all other food items consumed are based on living things like seeds wherein life is in dormant form.
Thanks to speedy dissemination of information by information technology and transport, internationally famous and tasty Cuisine are available in metropolitan cities like Bangalore.
In olden days I remember my grand mother would not take any food item like root vegetables grown under ground, saying they are given by God for animals !

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Culture is refinement. Food also includes in this. Human race has changed and refined their food habits constantly from being Cannibals to present day Vegans.
In between so much change has happened all over the world. Food habits change according to the availability and cultural/ religious restrictions. Consuming crawling insects still continue among people belong to certain races like Chinese.
Except fruits and leaves, all other food items consumed are based on living things like seeds wherein life is in dormant form.
Thanks to speedy dissemination of information by information technology and transport, internationally famous and tasty Cuisine are available in metropolitan cities like Bangalore.
In olden days I remember my grand mother would not take any food item like root vegetables grown under ground, saying they are given by God for animals !

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

hi sir

true...now we consume everything and everywhere....thats wild elepahnats are coming to villages for food from forests...

olden days...every functions/festivals have different kinds of foods...god is created foods for animals....but men are eating these

too,,,too much consumerism every where,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back