• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Decoding the Gita, India's book of answers | Roopa Pai | TEDxNMIMSBangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Gita Be Explained to Children?
The Gita’s simple happiness-message and lessons of life seldom trickle down to children. Children have their fair share of issues to deal with – tackling a class bully, coming first in class, winning that tennis tournament, becoming class monitor – and endless string of questions they need to address in their own terms – Does grades really matter? Is it okay to be confused? Who do I ask for help? Why should I obey my elders? etc. The Gita has all the answers but the book rarely features on a child’s must-buy list of books for some obvious reasons.
The Gita for Children by Roopa Pai from Hachette India is what every child needs as a solution to all their distresses and remedy to all their big/small problems, which parents usually have no time to answer or find it too exasperating or downright silly to deal with.

Finally, here's a book presented in a never-before format that readers of all ages will find unputdownable.
What’s Keeping the Gita Away From Kids?
Most books keep the readers enthralled by the intricately interwoven stories of the Pandavas and the Kauravas, their enmity, and the inevitable epic battle of the Mahabharata barely skimming the surface or completely skipping the wise lessons of The Gita.

The original Bhagvad Gita is in Sanskrit, a language very few follow, which makes it incomprehensible. The available translations are multi-layered philosophical interpretations by Sanskrit scholars that are most often intimidating.

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-gita-for-children-by-roopa-pai-1770664

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back