• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hiranya srardham question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to visit Kasi, Gaya and Allahabad (in that order) and perform rituals for departed souls. Due to extreme time pressure, I was told to perform Hiranya srardham in these places. Is pindam offered in Hiranya srardham? I would appreciate any input.
Sir
A small suggestion. These rituals are performed once in a lifetime. Please don't cut short. Please try to postpone it and do it later when you have comfortable time. Hiranya shradham can never substitute the traditional one. Pinda Pradhan at Gaya is most important of these rituals.

Dear Sri Mayuran

A smaller suggestion. Since Mahaalaya Paksham is around the corner, why not ask your vaadhyaar to help you perform pithru kriyas including pinda pradhaanam during the pithru fortnight?

Later, when the "extreme time pressure" has lifted, why not take a week or two off to visit Kaashi, Triveni Sangamam at Prayaaga, and Gaya, and do the rites properly and leisurely? Remember, you need your dharma-pathni at your side for the rituals, particularly preparing and offering pindam.

Remember also to take precautions if you are not to be fleeced by the greedy "pandas" at all three places. Get a friend who has been there before, to accompany you. Read up on the rituals beforehand and, if possible, master the main manthrams. Girve yourself a year to do this, if possible.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Mayuran, I visited Kasi, Allahabad and Gaya in February and performed all the rites. Apart from to and fro journey time, we spent seven days. I have written a detailed travologue also for sharing with our relatives. Interested. Pl. give me your mail.id.

R.Ramaswami

In the rituals ceremonies and poojas stciky thread kindly see krishna angaraha chathurdasi. from first page to 7th page rameswaram, kasi, allahabad, gaya travologue and other details are there. Kindly go through them. kindly do the .rites properly .

Thank you all for all the very useful advice and suggestions. I will try to do the best after consulting with vadhyar. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back