• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rituals for Brahmins going abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an orthodox brahmin with nitya poojas, anushtanams etc. I have been avoiding going abroad for fear that such trips may disturb my pattern of life. But, now I HAVE to go to US for 3 months stay and that too during the forth coming mahalaya paksham. I consulted our Vadhyar on how I can do the paksha sraddha karmas. He is of the opinion that any of these karmas outside our Bhatata varsha do not bring any beneficial effects. His recommendation is that I should stick to my daily sandhya vandan and prayers ( not even daily poojas) during this 3 months . I am confused. I solicit inputs from learned members of this forum
Thanks

Dear Sri Lashraj

Your Vaadhyaar is completely wrong. Going overseas does not change your spiritual/religious obligations. Quite the contrary. For your daily poojas you might need to amend your sankalppam, so that it relates to your new geographical situation, and not to repeat "Bharatha kande meroho dakshine bhaage". Also consult the panchaangam to see whether any change due to time lapse for important functions which require exact muhoorthams.

If you can tell me your exact location in US, I'll try op help you with your new sankalppam.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back