• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is this the same "The Hindu" that was an embodiment of Hindu ethos 40 years back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same "The Hindu" that was an embodiment of Hindu ethos 40 years back!!

Why has "The Hindu" changed its character in last 40 years! Now pro communist, anti Hindu (in the garb of secularism) & liberal !! Read the letter to editor below!! Will such stuff be allowed now??

DGujZkRUIAA4XYv.jpg:large

Source: Twitter

The next generation of owners at 'The Hindu' have slight leftist leaning and do not entirely reflect the voice of hindu nationalists of the british era.

Still they have a large following among the brahmins and the upper classes.

They have still maintained high standards of journalism and integrity.

I still read The Hindu though I am delhi based before accessing other newspapers.

Absolutely no sensationalism and matter of fact news.

I ignore the leftist slant which appears a better response to the dravidian ruling class attitude towards the paper.

I am a reader of "The Hindu" from 1945. My mother used to insist on me reading the paper to improve my English language ! It used to provide authentic information in good English. So also "தினமணி" in Tamil.
Today both have lost its credibility. "The Hindu" do not believe in handing over the editorship to professional editor. In recent times it tried this and found it a failure.
Their slant towards leftist and so called secular ideals in dissemination of news have caused loss of present generation of readers. It is unfortunate a great institution is vanishing fast due to its own fault.
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

The newspaper industry is slowly disappearing, this is a worldwide phenomenon.

[FONT=&quot]For more than thirty years, the newspaper industry has been losing readers at a slow but steady rate. News professionals are inclined to blame themselves, but the real culprit is technology and its competing demands on the public's time. [/FONT][SIZE=+2]The Internet is just the latest in a long series of new information technologies that have scattered the mass audience that newspapers once held. The trend toward smaller audiences seeking more efficient sources of more specialized information has been accelerated by this form of communication.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]In The Vanishing Newspaper, Philip Meyer offers the newspaper industry a business model for preserving and stabilizing the social responsibility functions of the press in a way that could outlast technology-driven changes in media forms. This "influence model," as it is termed by Meyer, is based on the premise that a newspaper's main product is not news or information, but influence: societal influence, which is not for sale, and commercial influence, which is. Meyer's model explores how the former enhances the value of the latter.[/SIZE]

http://www.unc.edu/~pmeyer/Vanishing_Newspaper/index.html

Every newspaper has to cater to its new readership.
May be the people lamenting the death of old newspaper are not its target audience.
To me "The Hindu" was a boring paper. I was a "The Statesman" reader, and before that a "Blitz" reader.
Now I read e-papers, generally Hindustan express and Times Of India.

There is no paper 'Hindustan express'..Either Indian Express or Hindustan Times
hi

i still like HINDU e paper...i buy only HINDU in chennai....hindu men and hindu paper changed a lot....hindu is minority in jammu and kashmir state...

The newspaper industry is slowly disappearing, this is a worldwide phenomenon.

True for all print publications but many have moved to electronic versions apart from print publications . I personally prefer to read the printed HINDU Newspaper but I know few friends of mine who have totally stopped buying the print issue of newspapers and magazines and moved totally to electronic versions that they read in their tablets .

Last edited:
One complaint I have about The Hindu is it plays over safe. It does not report in full if it cannot totally verify the content.So one needs to read another paper also to see what

really is happening around.Its self censorship is its both strength and weakness. So it does not appeal to the young much.It readership is limited to old Tamil brahmins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back