• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chaandrayanam with Ekadasi Vratam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Gurubyom Namaha...

I am planning to perform Chandrayana vratam, starting tomorrow until badrapadha purnima covering one full month.

However we do Nirjala Ekadasi vratam from so many years which I find it conflicting if I take up Chandrayana vratam as I need to take 4 handful portions of food during krishna paksha and 11 handfuls during sukla paksha.

May you kindly help us on how I can carry out both?

Also I would like to understand the rules that we need to follow during this penance like:
  • Bhusayanam
  • Bath thrice a day
  • Take Sattvik food
  • Brahmacharyam

Can we take water other than the handful quota of food per day?

Please shed some light to help me in completing the first Chandrayana vrat.

Namo Narayanaya

vasister says about chandrayanam:- (I am copying from samkeshapa dhrama sastra book ) you have to make sankalpam for chandrayana vratham on krishna paksha prathamai. on krishna paksha prathamai day you can take 14 handful portion of food. from the next day reduce one handful rice daily on amavasai day no food. again from sukla paksha prathamai day take one hand ful of rice and increase one handful daily and on full moon day you are taking 15 handful of rice. uthyaapanam. over dakshinai, dhaanam; homam; shaving etc. are there.

Another method:-- take on sukla paksha prathamai day one handful of rice and increase it daily one. on full moon day you are taking 15 handful of rice. on krishna paksha prathamai day take 14 hand ful of rice and reduce one handful daily. on new moon day upavasam.

RISHI CHANDRAYANAM:- take 3 handful of rice daily for one month .

SISU CHANDRAYANAM;- Daily take 4 handful of rice at noon and at night 4 handful of rice for one month.

yathi chandrayanam:- daily take 8 handful of rice once a day for one month.

Now a days as nobody is doing this purohit/sastrikal knows nothing about this.

vasister says about chandrayanam:- (I am copying from samkeshapa dhrama sastra book ) you have to make sankalpam for chandrayana vratham on krishna paksha prathamai. on krishna paksha prathamai day you can take 14 handful portion of food. from the next day reduce one handful rice daily on amavasai day no food. again from sukla paksha prathamai day take one hand ful of rice and increase one handful daily and on full moon day you are taking 15 handful of rice. uthyaapanam. over dakshinai, dhaanam; homam; shaving etc. are there.

Another method:-- take on sukla paksha prathamai day one handful of rice and increase it daily one. on full moon day you are taking 15 handful of rice. on krishna paksha prathamai day take 14 hand ful of rice and reduce one handful daily. on new moon day upavasam.

RISHI CHANDRAYANAM:- take 3 handful of rice daily for one month .

SISU CHANDRAYANAM;- Daily take 4 handful of rice at noon and at night 4 handful of rice for one month.

yathi chandrayanam:- daily take 8 handful of rice once a day for one month.

Now a days as nobody is doing this purohit/sastrikal knows nothing about this.
hi shri gopalan sir,

vanakkkam/namaskarams....

thank you so much....in reality....in veda patasala...they wont teach these things....purohits/sastrikals very busy in their

profession.....they dont have time to learn further...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back