• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

On changing Poonal (Sacred Thread) on Upakarma Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the decisions of the learned pundits, as mentioned in the document avaniavittam2017.pdf, we shall be performing upakarma on the morning of Monday, 7th August. As is the usual practice, we'll change our Poonal then. But in view of the chandra grahanam at night, should we once again change Poonal on Tuesday before performing Gayatri Japam? Pl. clarify

Rishiyur Venkateswaran

I'm surprised that there are no replies posted even after 72 hrs. The reason of my posting is this: In tamilnadu we necessarily change poonal on upakarma day. But I observe here in Karnataka (I live closer to north Karnataka), people exchange new poonal with each other; but during the whole of proceedings on that day, no "Yagnopaveda Dharanam" is performed. People change it before performing Gayatri Japam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back