Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
    Harihar, Dist. Davangere, Karnataka, India
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused On changing Poonal (Sacred Thread) on Upakarma Day

0 Not allowed!
    As per the decisions of the learned pundits, as mentioned in the document avaniavittam2017.pdf, we shall be performing upakarma on the morning of Monday, 7th August. As is the usual practice, we'll change our Poonal then. But in view of the chandra grahanam at night, should we once again change Poonal on Tuesday before performing Gayatri Japam? Pl. clarify

Rishiyur Venkateswaran
    Harihar, Dist. Davangere, Karnataka, India
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I'm surprised that there are no replies posted even after 72 hrs. The reason of my posting is this: In tamilnadu we necessarily change poonal on upakarma day. But I observe here in Karnataka (I live closer to north Karnataka), people exchange new poonal with each other; but during the whole of proceedings on that day, no "Yagnopaveda Dharanam" is performed. People change it before performing Gayatri Japam.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.