Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 88/28
    Given: 30/43

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    What you say is acceptable provided no insults are exchanged.

Thats not too difficult for anyone to adhere.

Even harsh words can be diplomatically worded.

For eg If we want to tell a person to go to Jahannam..we should not directly tell them but convince them to buy a ticket themselves.
    My Sardarji friend used to tell me janne mein jane do yaar whenever he used to get riled up. It can not be more direct. So each one has his own style. Even he may not mean what he says literally. So it is better to patiently wait out a scholar. He will cool down. That unidirectional vector time is a great teacher. And erudite people learn fast. Just this is how I look at it.

You can join issue with scholars on subjects and topics leaving aside their barbs. That may help the forum gain.

Just try it.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/31
    Given: 195/33

Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    My Sardarji friend used to tell me janne mein jane do yaar whenever he used to get riled up. It can not be more direct. So each one has his own style. Even he may not mean what he says literally. So it is better to patiently wait out a scholar. He will cool down. That unidirectional vector time is a great teacher. And erudite people learn fast. Just this is how I look at it.

You can join issue with scholars on subjects and topics leaving aside their barbs. That may help the forum gain.

Just try it.
    I have nothing personal against anyone with regards to their style of writing but at times when insults are exchanged surely a moderator has the right to.intervene as each forum has rules.

All of us in the past too have been red inked.

For me I do not measure a human based on his/her knowledge or education or erudition...cos thats all just Laukika.

There is much more to life than just bookish knowledge.
    Last edited by renuka; 12-09-2017 at 07:29 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LOL..
    the Atma is never destroyed..it just takes new forms..I just got a new thumbs down!LOL

Welcome back !
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    LOL..
    the Atma is never destroyed..it just takes new forms..I just got a new thumbs down!LOL

Welcome back !
    LOL. It is high time these thumbs are removed. Sore thumbs. LOL.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/4
    Given: 283/71

What we lose is a scholar's ideas and his participation in the forum.
    Who is the scholar here?

I hardly know any Sanskrit, but one sentence I learnt from my father: Vidya dadati vinayam.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by biswa View Post
    Who is the scholar here?

I hardly know any Sanskrit, but one sentence I learnt from my father: Vidya dadati vinayam.
    On technical grounds it makes me wonder why sometimes the Sattva gene fails to express itself.

There is so much to gene theory we humans havent decoded.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 150/62
    Given: 21/36

Vaagmiji,
    It is debatable as to who is scholar and who is not.
    I trust the moderator to hold the line. I have been warned, and post edited or deleted. I presume the moderator must have tried all that. I do not know the exact steps taken.
    But a "scholar" must be smart to know the ground rules.
    Everyone is supposed to know or learn the social norms.
    A "scholar" going 100 mph in a 50 mph zone has to face the consequences.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    Vaagmiji,
    It is debatable as to who is scholar and who is not.
    I trust the moderator to hold the line. I have been warned, and post edited or deleted. I presume the moderator must have tried all that. I do not know the exact steps taken.
    But a "scholar" must be smart to know the ground rules.
    Everyone is supposed to know or learn the social norms.
    A "scholar" going 100 mph in a 50 mph zone has to face the consequences.
    I tried to get across a point. As I find a stonewall I give up. Thanks folks for your time.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 150/62
    Given: 21/36

I tried to get aocross a point. As I find a stonewall I give up. Thanks folks for your time.
    Obviously I did not get it. Can you explain, thanks.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Actually there is no real point to get across..we only have facts.

The truth is...each and everyone of us have our own style of writing and we do get on each others nerves too from time to time by opposing each other in ways best known to us.

Thats perfectly acceptable cos it will train our mind to present our posts differently to get any point across.

BUT at all times decorum needs to be in.the substratum of our presentation.

Its just human to have emotionally charged posts too but as long we refrain from insulting personal attacks ...any form of emotionally charged replies can be handled even though sometimes our feelings get hurt.

Yes..we all do get angry..its acceptable and normal..dont see anything wrong with that too.

But whatever said and done..no form of abuses should be tolerated even if it comes from a scholar or anyone higher up the imaginary scale.
    There should not be name calling..calling members evil..equating them with animals...cursing members to lose all 4 limbs in accidents etc.

Tolerating abuse just becos it comes from a scholar translates as victim blaming.

Those days are over where anyone could abuse anyone and it needs to be tolerated.

The fact is no one is above the law..even God adheres to Dharma ..so what can I say about us lesser mortals?
    Last edited by renuka; 14-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.