Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hemalamba (hevilambi) varusha upakarma nirnayam.

0 Not allowed!
    My dear members of Tamil Brahmins Website,

Kindly give a thought to this wonderful Seminar (SADAS) held in Chennai during June 2017 regarding the observance of Upakarma (Avani Avittam) in this year. There has been different opinions, versions and guidance from various quarters and even panchangams also differ in this. The final decision arrived at the Sadas is really excellent and authentic. The informatin is attached herewith for the information and observance of every member.

Wish you all a very very holy, ritualistic and Shrddha-Poorvak UPAKARMA - 2017.

CHANDRASEKARAN SETHURAMAN (9449854155)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    In the Sakthi Vinayakar temple in Sathya Gardens, the upakarma date is same as given in the pdf. viz - 07-08-2017.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Some one who asked me since Avani avittom and Grahanam falls on the same day, whether 2 tarpanams (he regularly performs tarpanams during Amavasya, Sankramas, Mahalaya Paksham, Grahanam etc..) can be performed on the same day. My knoledge in this context is limited. May be Gopalan Sir can throw some light.
    नाभुक्तं क्षीयते कर्म कल्प कोटि शतैरपि।
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Ganesh Sir,

I have sent a p m to Gopalan Sir and hope he will answer soon.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    Dear Ganesh Sir,

I have sent a p m to Gopalan Sir and hope he will answer soon.
    Thanks RR ji
    By the way I also do all the tharpanam. But most of the time skip tharpanam during Lunar eclipse as it falls during at odd hours/night.
    Last edited by GANESH65; 03-08-2017 at 11:13 AM.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    you may do 2 tharpanams on this day.avani avittam and amavasai tharpanams are called nithya tharpanam. Grahana tharpanam is naimithika tharpanam. It must be done at odd hours. Even if you are having aasowcham theetu at the time of Grahanam you may do tharpanam . no theetu during grahanam period.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Sir, got enlightened. Will convey the gentleman who posed me the question. Also will take note for myself as well.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    By the way is there any texts available where one can find answers for such querries? Please guide..
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Gopalan Sir.

You are always prompt in replies and help our members.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GANESH65 View Post
    Some one who asked me since Avani avittom and Grahanam falls on the same day, whether 2 tarpanams (he regularly performs tarpanams during Amavasya, Sankramas, Mahalaya Paksham, Grahanam etc..) can be performed on the same day. My knoledge in this context is limited. May be Gopalan Sir can throw some light.
    My grand father's Sraadham is normally Thai Amavasai thithi. Once on a Pongal celebration day the thithi came. If I remember correct, That day my father performed Sraadham, Uthrayana Punya kalam Masa pirappu tharpanam, Amavasai Tharpanam and then Pongal Paanai celebration in evening after 3 O clock.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast