• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I-T department probes 30,000 cases of tax evasion after note ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope these cases are taken to their logical end!

[h=1]I-T department probes 30,000 cases of tax evasion after note ban[/h]July 24, 2017 22:23

The Income Tax department is probing over 30,000 cases of alleged tax evasion wherein the returns were revised by assessees post demonetisation, CBDT chief Sushil Chandra said.

The Income Tax returns filed after November 8 last year were scrutinized against their earlier tax compliance following which these cases were detected, he said.

"We are taking action in these instances," Chandra told reporters.

He said that after the first phase of 'Operation Clean Money', it was found that some assessees did not report about all their bank accounts to the taxman.

Under the Operation Clean Money, the I-T department is contacting those whose bank account deposits were seen to be suspicious post the note ban.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...ter-note-ban/7909ed8d3ede6f43f0d6f68613b76b2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back