Tamil Brahmins
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: News-updates

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    So, it is Motor Vehicles Act..... which does not allow pillion riding on bikes upto 100 cc.

How the Bengalureans will react....??

SINGLE AND NOT ALLOWED TO MINGLE: BIKES UP TO 100CC WILL NOW GO SOLO

The state government is all set to ban pillion riding on two-wheelers that have an engine capacity of 100 cc or below. The ban, however, will not affect two-wheelers that are already in use, but will be applicable for any new vehicle being sold. While manufacturers will have to ensure such bikes have seating for only the rider, the buyer too will be prohibited from making provision for a pillion rider.

The transport department has decided to enforce the ban in view of the safety of pillion riders who are, too often, victims in road accidents. To this end, the state government has even filed an affidavit before the High Court, and the official circular may be out in a week’s time.

Confirming the move, Transport Minister HM Revanna told Bangalore Mirror that the government is only complying with the Motor Vehicles Act. “The High Court of Karnataka had sought an explanation from the state government while hearing an accident case in which a youngster had died. Responding to the HC’s direction, we filed an affidavit that we will comply with the Motor Vehicles Act, which does not allow pillion riding on bikes up to 100 cc.”

A senior officer from the transport department said: “Going by the provisions of Motor Vehicles’ Act, any bike or scooter with an engine capacity up to 100 cc should not have provision for a pillion rider. However, these rules were relaxed based on the recommendations of Indian Road Congress. This will not be the case, henceforth.”

A majority of two-wheelers in the market today are above 100 cc engine capacity, so the ban may not change life on the road drastically

Read more at: http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/61157273.cms?
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    GST is not only practiced in India. World's top countries are already using the GST system. Here are some of the coutries that levied GST rates. a small analysis about the Indian GST and other countries

விஸ்வரூபமெடுத்த ஜிஎஸ்டி வரி.. மற்ற நாடுகளில் இவ்வளவுதானுங்க!

டெல்லி : இந்தியா முழுவதும் கடந்த ஜூலை ஒன்றாம் தேதி முதல் ஜி.எஸ்.டி வரி அமலுக்கு வந்தது. இது இந்தியா முழுமைக்கும் ஒரே அளவில் வரி விதிக்கும் திட்டம் ஆகும். நாடு முழுவதும் இதற்கு ஆதரவும் எதிர்ப்பும் இப்போதும் இருந்து வருகிறது.

ஜி.எஸ்.டி என்பது சரக்கு மற்றும் சேவை வரி ஆகும். ஒவ்வொரு மாநிலத்திற்கும் வேறுவேறு விதமான வரி, நேர்முக மற்றும் மறைமுக வரிகள் என்று இருக்கும் விதியை மாற்றி நாடு முழுமைக்கும் ஒரே விதியை அமல்படுத்துவது தான் இதன் நோக்கம்.

பல்வேறு எதிர்ப்புகளுக்கிடையே இந்த வரியை கடந்த ஜூலை ஒன்றாம் தேதி அறிமுகப்படுத்தியது பா.ஜ.க அரசு. இருந்தபோதிலும், தற்போது பொருள்களைப் பொறுத்து ஐந்து விதமாக பிரித்து இந்த வரி வசூலிக்கப்படுகிறது. 0%, 5%,12%,18% மற்றும் 28% என்கிற வரி விதிப்பு அமலில் உள்ளது.

Read more at: https://tamil.oneindia.com/news/indi...38-299209.html
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    The Central Board of Film Certification has suggested to Sanjay Leela Bhansali to change the title of the film 'Padmavati' and remove the ‘I’.

‘Padmavati’ may become 'Padmavat', gets U/A certificate

There will "relevant" modifications in the Ghoomar song "to befit the character portrayed".

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's much troubled film Padmavati has finally been awarded a U/A certificate but with some suggested modifications and a likely change in the title to Padmavat, to clarify its
    "attributed material/ creative source".

An email received on Saturday afternoon from the Central Board Of Film Certification (CBFC) stated that the decision was taken after a meeting of its examining committee on December 28. The film's final application was submitted on November 28.

A key modification suggestion is the insertion of disclaimers, specially one regarding not glorifying the practice of Sati. There will "relevant" modifications in the Ghoomar song "to befit the character portrayed". The certificate, as per procedure, will be issued once the required modifications are carried out and the final material is submitted to the CBFC.
    'No cuts, only modifications'

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/entertainmen...le22332086.ece
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Chennai fans celebrate his entry into politics….

The question is when....?
    Rajinikanth announcement LIVE UPDATES: ‘My entry into politics is definite. It is the need of the times’

Confirming his entry into politics, Rajinikanth said, "The last year events in the state politics have shamed people of Tamil Nadu. The government has to be changed, system has to be changed. I know this is not going to be easy.I can do this only the trust and support of the people."

Tamil superstar Rajinikanth on Sunday announced his entry into politics, saying he was taking the plunge as politics and governance in Tamil Nandu had become so bad that the state has become a laughing stock. He said it was time to change the government, change the system.

He said his party will contest in all the seats in the state’s assembly and Lok Sabha elections. Rajinikanth said he knows it was not going to be easy, but it had to be done. “I did not have political ambitions when I was 45, so will I have it when I’m 68. I am not doing this for any post. I do not come for money or fame, as I have them enough. But the politics has become so bad that rest of the world is laughing at us,” the actor said at a fans meet-and-greet in Chennai.

“I don’t want volunteers, I want guardians. I need guardians who don’t ask the help of any politician for any personal need. I don’t want party cadres. I want guardians who can fight for people’s rights. And I’m just a people’s representative, who will oversee these army of guardians. I need guardians who can question the government unconditionally,” the actor added while breaking the suspense over his plans.

Read more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...t-2-0-5005560/
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    That proves that we focus more in improving and strengthening our relationship with ASEAN countries..

India will host 10 ASEAN leaders on Republic Day for first time: PM Modi

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said Republic Day celebration in 2018 would be "remembered through the ages" because the government for the first time in India's history would host leaders of 10 ASEAN countries as chief guests on January 26.

"On January 26, the arrival of great leaders of 10 nations of the world as a unit is a matter of pride for all Indians," Modi said in this year's last edition of his monthly radio programme "Mann ki Baat".
    He said January 26 is a historic festival for all Indians but "January 26, 2018, will especially be remembered through the ages".
    Read more at: http://www.newindianexpress.com/nati...i-1741029.html

9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    And this was the announcement made by Chennai Police:
    Chennai police to get tough on NYE drunk driving, will not issue NOC for passports

"Since most of the traffic violators on New Year eve are youngsters in their early and late 20s, we believe this announcement will act as a deterrent," a police officer said.

Read more at: https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...assports-73825
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cause for most of these accidents will be drunken driving….

விபரீதத்தில் முடிந்த புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டம்.. சென்னையில் ஒரே நாள் இரவில் 170 விபத்துகள்

சென்னை: சென்னையில் புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டத்தின் போது இரு சக்கரம் , 4 சக்கர வாகனங்கள் விபத்தில் சிக்கி ஒரே நாள் இரவில் 170 விபத்துகள் நடைபெற்றன. 200-க்கும் மேற்பட்டோர் மருத்துவமனைகளில் அனுமதிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளனர். புத்தாண்டையொட்டி ஆண்டுதோறும் அதற்கு முந்தைய நாள் நள்ளிரவில் சென்னையில் இளைஞர்கள் கடற்கரை சாலை, கிழக்கு கடற்கரை சாலைகளில் புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டங்களில் ஈடுபடுவது வழக்கம். என்னதான் போலீஸார் பாதுகாப்பு ஏற்பாடுகளை செய்து கட்டுப்பாடுகளை விதித்தாலும் இளைஞர்கள் தங்கள் வாகனங்களில் அசுர வேகத்தில் சென்று புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாடுவதை விட்டபாடில்லை.

………………………………………
    ………………………………………

அமைச்சர் ஆறுதல் மதுபோதையில் அதிவேகமாக வாகனங்களை இயக்கியதே விபத்துக்கு காரணம் என்று கூறப்படுகிறது. விபத்தில் காயமடைந்து ராயப்பேட்டை அரசு மருத்துவமனையில் அனுமதிக்கப்பட்டோரை சுகாதார துறை அமைச்சர் விஜயபாஸ்கர் சந்தித்து ஆறுதல் கூறினார்.

Read more at: https://tamil.oneindia.com/news/tami...92-307033.html
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Converting waste into money….

Here's one city turning India's mountain of trash into cash

Public support in Mysuru has allowed the city to manage its garbage substantially.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 6:30 a.m. in the Indian city of Mysuru and the streets are full of the sound of whistles blowing as workers in olive green aprons and rubber gloves begin a door-to-door search. They have come to collect one of India's biggest untapped resources: garbage.

The about 1 million citizens in the southern city, also known as Mysore, are in the vanguard of a campaign by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to clean up the country and recycle rubbish into compost and electricity. The task is gargantuan, but the approach in Mysuru -- combining the availability of cheap labor with traditional methods and modern plants -- shows how the country might overturn its image of ubiquitous trash.

India's cities are among the largest garbage generators in the world, producing about 62 million tons of waste every year. Only about 82 percent of it is collected and only 28 percent of that is treated and processed. Most goes into landfills, open dump sites or is just left on the ground, often clogging rivers and drains.

Read more at:
    //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62332680.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppst
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Will the authorities concerned wake up at least now….?
    In maps: The sea is likely to swallow these parts of Chennai by 2100

What are you going to do about it?

The Velachery MRTS, the Perungudi dump yard, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro and HCL buildings – these are but a few examples of crucial landmarks in south Chennai that will cease to exist by the year 2100, if we do not act now.

According to a 2012 'Coastal Zones of India' report prepared by Ahmedabad-based Satellite Application Centre (SAC), an unit of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Tamil Nadu is set to lose 3,209.33 sq km of coastal area prone to submergence if the sea level rises by even one metre.

A graphic representation of maps provided by SAC highlights portions that are likely to be submerged in blue. The red portions indicate areas that may be affected when there is a high tide.

Read more at: https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...nai-2100-71766
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Court taking stand that it is child’s fundamental right…
    Male judge wants breastfeeding to be mandatory, gives bizarre link to maternity leave

Madras High Court asks the Centre to take inspiration from UAE Child Rights Law and make breastfeeding mandatory.

In a bizarre set of questions, the Madras High Court has asked the Central Government to explore the possibility of bringing an Act which makes breast-feeding mandatory for mothers. Why? Because according to Justice Kirubakaran, it should essentially be a fundamental right.

Justice Kirubakaran was hearing the case of a woman government employee on probation, who was not relieved of her services as she had availed maternity leave during her probation period.

In pursuit of her MBBS degree, Dr Ishwarya embarked on a two-year house surgeoncy at the Primary Health Care Centre in Sithurajapuram, Sivakasi. In India, two years of residency is mandatory for completion of the medical degree.

Dr Ishwarya, who joined the PHC as Assistant Surgeon (General) in March 2015, gave birth to a baby on July 4 that year. Following the delivery, she took six months maternity leave before re-joining service in January 2016 and completed her surgeoncy in March 2017. Ishwarya then wrote the post-graduate NEET examination, attended counselling and gained admission into Kilpauk Medical College for her post graduate degree.

However, the PHC refused to relieve her stating that she had not completed her training because she was not entitled to maternity leave as a probationer.

The Madras HC ruled in Dr Ishwarya’s favour and said that “nature does not discriminate whether the woman is an approved probationer or an unapproved probationer with regard to the child birth.”

Read more at: https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ty-leave-74079
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Towards fulfilling Election promises, present U.S. Government is said to be considering new regulations that would prevent H-1B visa extensions.

Change in H-1B visa regulations: Over 5 lakh Indians in the US may be forced to return

The proposal is part of US President Donald Trump’s ‘Buy American, Hire American’ initiative.

Visa issues continue to pile up for workers in the US on an H-1B visa, as a new proposal may force upwards of 5,00,000 Indians to return home.

As per regulations that are currently being considered by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), workers will not be able to get extensions on their H-1B visas, which is typically issued for a period of three to six years. Many apply for a Green Card – which grants permanent residency – based on which their work visas are indefinitely extended till their applications are in process.

If this proposal comes into force, that won’t be the case anymore. There are thousands who have been waiting for years for their Green Card application to be processed.

Quoting two US sources, McClatchy reported that the proposal is part of US President Donald Trump’s ‘Buy American, Hire American’ initiative.

“The idea is to create a sort of ‘self-deportation’ of hundreds of thousands of Indian tech workers in the United States to open up those jobs for Americans,” a source told McClatchy.

However, quoting an official of an immigration firm, News18 reports that the number of people affected may be closer to 1.5 million, including children and spouses.

Over 50% of H-1B visa holders are Indian.

Deputy assistant attorney general for the Justice Department in the Obama administration who now represents H-1B workers, Leon Fresco, told McClatchy, “This would be a major catastrophic development as many people have been waiting in line for Green Cards for over a decade, have U.S. citizen children, own a home.”

Read more at: https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...d-return-74122
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast