Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: News-updates

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb News-updates

0 Not allowed!
    This thread is opened just to share sensational news, breaking news, Headlines on all topics...to update members

It is my earnest effort to serve as a NEWS CHANNEL.

But may not be able to cover all areas, fields of activity, like Science and Technology, Sports, Religion, etc.. it is vast...

Wish to cover current affairs and politics..

Please feel free to offer your valued opinions...

To start with..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the Medias don’t follow the well established ethics at times..

Where is neutral and fair reporting…?

There are occasions of ‘Twisting of facts, paid news, Biased reporting, distoring, etc etc

Are they taking advantage of ‘freedom of speech’ enshrined in our Constitution..??

One Central Minister recently remarked certain medias as ‘Presstitude’..

Readers’ comments: Media should not have publicised CAG report on India’s ammunition shortage

Media ethics debate

It is very wrong for the media to disclose the findings of the CAG report about India not having enough ammunition to fight a long war (“Indian Army lacks ammunition and cannot fight a war longer than 10 days, says CAG report”). Given the current tension with China and Pakistan, such news will definitely boost our neighbouring countries’ confidence. It could encourage them to attack our motherland.

Media outlets should think before positing news such as this that could have a detrimental effect on our country and security. – Sachin Patel
    Such information should not have been made public. The CAG should have filed the report as a classified one. The news comes as a shock and is embarrassing for the Indian government given the stand-off with China at the Dokolam tri-junction and the aggressive stance taken by China. – Anil Jadhav
    Medium matters

The author needs to do more research before making sweeping claims such as “research supports learning in one’s home language” (“Switching medium of instruction in schools from local languages to English is not educational reform”).

Read more at: https://scroll.in/article/844767/rea...nition-shortag
    Last edited by Falcon; 24-07-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

India losses a shining star…

Udupi Ramachandra Rao, eminent space scientist and former ISRO chairman, dies at 85

UR Rao was associated with the launch of India’s first satellite Aryabhatta.

Renowned Indian space scientist Udupi Ramachandra Rao, a man known to have driven India’s space programme, passed away in Bengaluru on Monday, said a space agency official. He was 85.

A man known to have headed many of India’s successful space missions, UR Rao was the Chairman of ISRO for a decade from 1984 to 1994.

"Rao was in a private hospital till recently for treatment as he had a heart ailment and was recovering at home. Our (ISRO) doctors were attending to him," said the official.

ISRO Chairman A.S. Krishna Kumar, senior space scientists and many officials of the space agency rushed to Rao's house to mourn his death and console his bereaved family.

"Saddened by the demise of renowned scientist, Professor U.R. Rao. His remarkable contribution to India's space programme will never be forgotten," tweeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...-dies-85-65641

Click here to know who is Professor U. Ramachandra Rao
    Last edited by Falcon; 24-07-2017 at 01:10 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I fail to understand this thread. It is posted in the section "news and Updates".
    I think the site moderator created this section, for members to start new threads.
    So what is the point of starting a thread called news-updates?

Of course, I can ignore the thread, but I felt it is little confusing and may even be rude to the site owner (my opinion).
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    I fail to understand this thread. It is posted in the section "news and Updates".
    I think the site moderator created this section, for members to start new threads.
    So what is the point of starting a thread called news-updates?

Of course, I can ignore the thread, but I felt it is little confusing and may even be rude to the site owner (my opinion).
    Prasad Ji,

At the outset let me thank you for visiting this thread.

The idea is very simple... it is to share breaking news in 'One' dedicated thread by me.

Instead opening different threads under various captions.... it may be a collection of best and selected materials which will intrigue every reader to dig into the whole content one by one.

You are right the Moderator has created a section, wherein one can visit for news and updates...

But in this thread only NEWS that I come cross and selected by me as worth of sharing with the members will be posted

And if you feel that caption of the thread is confusing, why don't you suggest a caption.....?

I can very well request the Super Moderator to change the caption accordingly.... :-)
    Last edited by Falcon; 24-07-2017 at 10:44 PM.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sir,
    It is an open forum and I think Praveenji is doing an excellent job.
    You are free to compile "news" according to you, which may or may not be NEWS to me.
    If a news is posted then it gives others a chance to review it and comment on that specific news.
    But the selected "news" has your bias accordingly may not be of interest to others.
    I read the heading if it interests me I read the detail if the heading is not interesting I ignore the post.
    Having said this I am not going to visit this thread anymore.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

One should never judge others by their appearance...

Sudha Murty of Infosys was called ‘cattle class’ at London airport. Here’s what she did

In her new book, Three Thousand Stitches, author and chairperson of Infosys Foundation, Sudha Murty sheds light on some of the prevailing biases in the society.

“Go and stand in the economy class queue. This line is for business class travellers,” a well-heeled lady told Sudha Murty at the International Heathrow airport in London.

The chairperson of Infosys Foundation was at the airport wearing a salwar kameez, which perhaps made her a misfit in the queue in question. But, what eventually got Murty’s goat was when she was called a “cattle-class person”.

That was when the otherwise calm 66-year-old wife of industrialist Narayana Murthy decided to give her fellow traveller a piece of her mind. Drawing on her personal experiences, Sudha Murty, in her new book, Three Thousand Stitches, sheds light on some of the prevailing biases in the society.

“Class does not mean huge possession of money. Mother Teresa was a classy woman. So is Manjula Bhargava, a great mathematician of Indian origin. The concept that you automatically gain class by acquiring money is an outdated thought process,” she writes in the book.

Read more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/books/...m709Q3b3O.html
    Last edited by Falcon; 24-07-2017 at 11:20 PM.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    It is a shame on the part of self-centered politicians who tend to sleep comfortably and actively approach the public in person once

in five years, only for canvassing votes at the time of election.

Frustrated with official apathy, Secunderabad senior citizens fill potholes on their own

These stretches were in a bad condition and became worse after the recent rains resulting in several accidents
    Over 70 people from Sainikpuri, Kapra and nearer localities gathered to fill up potholes along the stretches of Gough Road and National Security Guards hub road.

These stretches were in a bad condition which became worse after the recent rains resulting in several accidents, and leaving many severely injured.

76-year-old Gulshan Bamboat , who led the initiative, said, “It was a purely collective impulse. One day there was discussion on the WhatsApp community group and I proposed a shramadan for repair and then everyone agreed. I was also inspired by a 12-year-old boy, Ravi Teja, who voluntarily tarted repairing potholes after seeing a road mishap.”

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...heir-own-65679
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

Are we paying the price for rapid urbanization and encroachments…?

24 protected monuments have disappeared: Govt

NEW DELHI: Encroachments and rapid urbanisation have led to the 'disappearance' of 24 protected monuments in India over the years, Union minister of culture Mahesh Sharma said in Parliament on Monday. The sites and structures, the minister added, remain untraceable.

Sharma was responding to Lok Sabha questions on whether a large number of historical and protected structures in the country had been encroached upon by individuals or groups, and if the Centre had conducted a survey to ascertain the numbers of monuments that had gone missing.

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/59747240.cms
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    We are victim of fake news like 'Plastic rice', etc.... what is real and what is not.... most of us tend to believe everything that was shared....

The people trying to fight fake news in India

Earlier this year, mobs in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand beat seven people to death in two separate incidents that horrified the country.

After the dust had settled, it transpired that the victims had been mistaken for child traffickers.

The trigger was a WhatsApp message that had gone viral, urging people to be careful of strangers as they most likely belonged to a "child lifting gang".

As the message passed on, police say hysteria increased. Villagers armed themselves and began attacking anyone they did not recognise, with tragic results.

Unlike in western countries, most of India's fake news spreads via WhatsApp and mobile phone messages, because for a majority of Indians, their first point of exposure to the internet is via their phone.

'Fake news': What's the best way to tame the beast?

'Rooney to China'?: The real impact of fake football news

Why people believe the myth of 'plastic rice'

India's telecom regulatory commission says there are more than one billion active mobile phone connections in India, and millions of Indians have started getting online in a very short space of time.

"Reach has exploded, thanks to the proliferation of smartphones and cheap data packages. Rumours spread further and faster," Pratik Sinha, the founder of Altnews.in told the BBC. `

"Suddenly people from rural areas in particular are inundated with information and are unable to distinguish what is real from what is not. They tend to believe whatever is sent to them."

Mr Sinha is one of a handful of people trying to "fight" the scourge of fake news in India.
    Formerly a software engineer, he now runs Altnews fulltime, funding it with his own savings and ad revenue.

Read more at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-40657074
    Last edited by Falcon; 25-07-2017 at 08:03 AM.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

Stapling of packets must be stopped with to avoid pin getting into our food causing serious injuries...

FSSAI bans stapler pins in tea bags from January 2018

The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has banned the use of stapler pins in tea bags from January 2018. FSSAI ban order issued under Section (15) FSS Act, 2006 has deemed that any loose staple pin consumed inadvertently with tea may cause a serious health hazard. Key Facts Currently, tea bags are either stapled or knotted.

According to industry estimates, the tea bag segment contributes 3-4% by value of total tea sales but it is one of the fastest growing segments at 50-60% year-on-year. The FSSAI order directs the concerned food business operators to discontinue the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of stapled tea bags by 1 January 2018. It also directs all food safety commissioners to take action to prevent the use of unsafe packaging materials by companies and take up measures for enforcement of its order.

About FSSAI FSSAI is a nodal statutory agency responsible for protecting and promoting public health in India through the regulation and supervision of food safety. FSSAI was established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and operates under aegis of Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.

Read more at: http://currentaffairs.gktoday.in/cat...urrent-affairs
    Last edited by Falcon; 25-07-2017 at 02:56 PM.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast