• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Action on channels for airing ads with false claims on ayurvedic products, drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

An advisory has been issued by the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry that TV channels advertising ‘exaggerated’ or improper claims of Ayurvedic, siddha, unani and homeopathic products and drugs will be violating certain laws, failure to which will attract attention.

Ministry of I&B Director Amit Katoch, released an advisory against misleading audience to advertisements of these AYUSH products, saying it will be a violation of Drug and Magic Remedies (objectionable Advertisements) Act of 1954, Drugs and Cosmetic Act of 1940 and rules amended from time to time.

The advisory further said that Ministry of AYUSH has informed I&B Ministry that some channels carry advertisements with exaggeration and improper claims, and if products are consumed accordingly, they will pose potential health risk to the consumer.

The statement further wrote that in order to protect consumers from such dangers of misleading advertisements, all TV channels are "hereby advised to ensure strict compliance of provisions" of the above mentioned acts.

The advisory concluded saying that following the statement if any channel fails to abide by it they will attract action as per provision of the rules.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...false-claims-on-ayurvedic-products-drugs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back