• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Metro Man E Sreedharan’s Resignation Not Accepted by UP CM Yogi

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Falcon

Metro-man planned to resign but was not allowed to ‘hang his boots’ instead he returned with more responsibilities…

Metro Man E Sreedharan’s Resignation Not Accepted by UP CM Yogi

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath refused to accept the resignation of 85-year-old E Sreedharan from his role as an advisor to Lucknow and Kanpur'smetro projects, reported The Indian Express. Popularly known as the metro man, E Sreedharan was appointed to this role in 2014, during Akhilesh Yadav's tenure as the Chief Minister of the state.

When Sreedharan paid visit to Adityanath, the latter not only refused to accept his resignation, but also reportedly gave Sreedharan additional responsibilities of being an advisor to Varanasi, Agra,Meerut and Gorakhpur projects.

He informed that the 10.5 km stretch of Lucknow Metro has been completed and is waiting for a green signal from the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety.

Readmore at: https://www.thequint.com/news/2017/07/21/metro-man-sreedharan-resignation-not-accepted-by-up-cm

Last edited by a moderator:
You are welcome Prasad Ji,

While I was searching for an informative posting of our revered senior Veteran Brahmanyan Ji's on Dr. Sreedharan, I stumbled upon this one which is also more relevant.

A legend hangs up his boots On the last Month . Finally, Elattuvalapil Sreedharan has been allowed to retire, at the age of 79. A man who built the Calcutta Metro, Konkan Railway and the Delhi Metro. But he is best remembered for re-building in just 46 days the Pamban bridge which in 1963 was blown away by a cyclone into the sea. Here is a man who is honest to core, brooked no nonsense and set an example for others. A true leader who walked his talk. He truly deserves the Bharat Ratna. Now he is Coming to Kerala to Fulfill the dreams of Malayalis "The Kochin Metro "

India has much gratitude for this great engineer. He is Elattuvalapil
Sreedharanknown as the The "metro man of India". He is quite a sensational project manager, who almost always gets the project complete on time or before schedule, he fought all the delays caused by bureaucratic red tape, corruption and lack of funds.

Sreedharan
's willpower has moved mountains. He is not just a dreamer but also a builder, but most of all one who has dedicated his achievements to every Indian. He stands out as a legend in the Indian Engineering history. His major projects being the Delhi Metro and the Konkan Railways.

This 75+ year-old Managing Director of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation only desires the progress of his country. He wanted Delhi to have a world-class metro rail project to change the meaning of urban transport in India.
And he did it.

The Konkan Railway project came to him in his retirement. It was a challenging task----760 km of rail tracks from Mumbai to Kochi through the rugged hills of the Western Ghats. As usual the Environmentalists protested, politicians said it shall not be done
and the project ran short of money. But Sreedharan raised public bonds to finance it, taking everyone ahead.

Kiran Bedi explains why
Sreedharan is worthy of the title: "He is not in his 40s or 50s, but he is in his 70s, a time when we normally retire. Sreedharan has given the best metro concept for the railway of the country with integrity, vision, with commitment and with remarkable professional skills. There is no other person better than him in this category."

Sreedharan
insists he does not have any special skills to get the best out of people. "I always found that people cooperate if you work for a good cause," he says.
India says thank you sir.
What a joy it is to take a ride in the Delhi Metro!

Source: Source: https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=31391&highlight=Sreedharan+and+Pamban+Bridge

hi

delhi metro had many challenges...getting land is big problem for any projects.....timely completion is another challenge..

he did a good job for the country...even our metro station is in front of our society main gate in delhi...its walkable distance

and i can see metro station from my flat in delhi...very convenient and helpful for society residents...

You are welcome Prasad Ji,

While I was searching for an informative posting of our revered senior Veteran Brahmanyan Ji's on Dr. Sreedharan, I stumbled upon this one which is also more relevant.

Source: Source: https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=31391&highlight=Sreedharan+and+Pamban+Bridge
Thanks for the writeup on Metroman
Padma Vibhushan Elattuvarappil Sridharan. Indeed he is personification of perfection. I would call him "a national treasure".
Best wishes,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Thanks for the writeup on Metroman
Padma Vibhushan Elattuvarappil Sridharan. Indeed he is personification of perfection. I would call him "a national treasure".
Best wishes,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

You are right Sir,

I was looking for a posting of yours relating to Mr. Shreedaran’s completing the task of repairing the damaged Pamban Bridge within the stipulated time and was awarded money reward by the Railways in recognition of his distinguished/meritorious service….

But in Google search I got this….

I think he fits the post of Railway Minister more than anyone else.... but unfortunately he is not a politicians and hence was denied the opportunity....

That was a curse of Indian politics....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Facts About Metro Man E Sreedharan, The Man We Want As Railways Minister
5. Believes in Performing at 101%

When Sreedharan was posted in Southern Railway, a cyclone in 1964 severely damaged the Pamban Bridge that connected Rameshwaram to the mainland Tamil Nadu (TN). It was a great loss to tje people of Rameshwaram, who were left isolated from TN. The Railways set a target of six month to repair the bridge and pull back life to normal. His boss who was in charge of this ambitious project put Sreedharan (barely 30 at the time) to restore bridge operations within a short deadline of 90 days. This further cut in time limit doesn’t make Sreedharan lose his enthusiasm, cool-off his spirit and as a reward, he completed the project within record 46 days. The Railway recognized his achievement and hard work by felicitating Sreedharan the Railway Minister’s Award. This story tells us how much Sreedharan is devoted to his profession irrespective of conditions.

Source: http://topyaps.com/7-facts-metro-man-e-sreedharan-man-want-railways-minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back