• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

New Technology Invading Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliance has come out with plans to induct hybrid smart phones which can link directly to ordinary TVs. The phones are being given free with advance payment of Rs

1500 to be returned after a lock in period of three years.The users will get access to data and also subscribe for video content on TV.Reliance own network 18 plus

they have acquired a stake in balaji telefilms. So they will have content for TV programs.The offer is likely to hit the sales of players like micromax and others in low

cost range. Cable operators business is likely to be hurt.The existing cable and DTH operators might have to reduce prices to hold on to their customer base.

We are getting into the digital age with a bang.

We in homes have something to cheer about in these days of rising prices and consequent hardship.

The rich know how to make money! :popcorn:

Rs. 1,500 from each of the lakhs of people opting for OC phones! :cool:

What an idea, Sir Ji!!

There are now local operators offering optic fibre networks upto home and also wifi within homes to link PCs , ipads, mobiles and smart TVs.Getting tired of MTNL , I opted for

one such operator in delhi.Just for 300rs a month and 500rs installation.It is very competitive.I had a hard time returning MTNL connection with landline phones back. I had to

submit an affadavit for lost deposit paper twenty year old, besides fill papers for surrendering the phone , modem and connection which were to be checked and signed by

atleast four officials,sitting in locations 2km from each other, Get MTNL fellows home with vettalai , pakku to disconnect all items of connection,physically carry all items for

surrender including cables and connectors and bear loss for some missing items.I did not know it was so difficult to do away with MTNL.

It is not as if private players are wonderful.They also make one go around in circles to get a connection. There are the sales guys,followed by cable installation fellows and

further another installation fellow to make it operational.They take upto four days for a connection.Most of them are hardly qualified .Cable fellow could not route thru

existing duct[said they have no knowledge and only MTNL fellows know]. Cabling overground was slipshod requiring supervision and rework. They could not locate the

modem at the centre of home and relocate the modem and reroute the cables. This utter lack of professionalism is what makes all talk about indian jugaad

I remained without a connection for one week plus . The simple desire to change a telecom operator became a nightmare.This is new digital india.lol

Reliance had come out with a scheme sometime back offering free sims for jio. I bought one phone from them and three connections free.The connection was free for a few

months. I used one and the other two idle. After a few months when they became chargeable, I started using one. The other two , I misplaced their numbers. I had a tough

time finding out the numbers of two more connections I had. Ultimately went to a jio shop to locate my own number to put some money into the number for making it work.

We as a nation take anything that is offered free even if we have no use for the item.

Now that Reliance has come out with another freebie, I am sure I will pay 1500Rs and collect the phone. Only I may have no use for it. I hardly ring anybody and

communicate. I only receive calls when someone bothers to ring me.My justification for doing what I do is that I might require it sometime when phones or TV connections

of other operators do not work or turn expensive and I can switch over.

We have a basic fear about functionality of any device we acquire.So try to duplicate getting the same device from multiple vendors if need be.

Starting with landline telephones,mobile ,TV, car ,bank accounts,Debit cards, credit cards , kitchen utencils, stoves, we tend to have more than one.

We live in a state of perpetual fear that something will give way anytime.lol

hi

the initial free items continue with payment...this is like spider net....not able to recover so easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back